NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

just downloaded the latest 1.02 version , but I see no MP servers featuring the A4 ? :(

because everyone one the server would need the A4

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

just downloaded the latest 1.02 version , but I see no MP servers featuring the A4 ? :(

Unfortunately unless everyone has the A-4E-C, they wouldn't be able to connect to a server using the module. If you want to fly the Skyhawk in a multiplayer environment, you're going to have to join a group. Unless ED decides to do some work supporting mods on their new dedicated server system.

Ammo counter

Does the real A-4E have any indication of the remaining number of gun ammunition? That already existed in WWII. I have had some cases of flying to a target on a longer mission and then only have two or three shots left, or sometimes nothing at all. :(

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Does the real A-4E have any indication of the remaining number of gun ammunition? That already existed in WWII. I have had some cases of flying to a target on a longer mission and then only have two or three shots left, or sometimes nothing at all. :(

Count the rounds! :)

All kidding aside, interesting question.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I don't think it does. Each of the two Colt Mk 12 cannons has 100 round drum. Ammunition quantity is measured in seconds the gun has been fired during a sortie. Colt Mk 12 cannon has firing rate of 1000 rounds per minute or 17 rounds per second. Which gives you about 6 seconds worth of trigger time.

1 second burst you get 6 trigger pulls

2 second burst limits you to 3 trigger pulls

When firing gun , say "ONE THOUSAND ONE" at normal speech speed. That is about 1 second, and you just expended 17-20 rounds depending on your natural rhythm.

For 2 second burst ,pull trigger "ONE THOUSAND ONE ONE THOUSAND TWO", release trigger. That just cost you 35-40 rounds.

For 1/2 second burst , say "ONE THOUZ" and release trigger on Z. About 10 rounds.

Cheers

Hey Folks,

Has anyone figured out a work around to rearm on the carrier? Playing SP TTI, I can do a hot start, depart the carrier, expend stores, then return to the carrier. At this stage I can do a hot refuel, but have to shut the engine down to rearm. Then, I can't restart the engine as per SDK limitations. Therefore I have been landing at a land base to rearm/refuel then continue the mission.

I wonder if Merker may be able to code in an engine start without the huffer if the aircraft meets the same requirements it needs to conduct the catapult-less launch. Therefore you would need to shutdown in vicinity of the catapult, to then restart the engine after rearm/refuel.

@Merker, also will your Oriskany mod have the same limitations as the Stennis, or will you have the freedom that catapults and restarts will be allowed on the mod? Many thanks to you and the entire team for this brilliant aircraft. Well done!

Cheers!

Scotch

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I don't think it does. Each of the two Colt Mk 12 cannons has 100 round drum. Ammunition quantity is measured in seconds the gun has been fired during a sortie. Colt Mk 12 cannon has firing rate of 1000 rounds per minute or 17 rounds per second. Which gives you about 6 seconds worth of trigger time.

1 second burst you get 6 trigger pulls

2 second burst limits you to 3 trigger pulls

When firing gun , say "ONE THOUSAND ONE" at normal speech speed. That is about 1 second, and you just expended 17-20 rounds depending on your natural rhythm.

For 2 second burst ,pull trigger "ONE THOUSAND ONE ONE THOUSAND TWO", release trigger. That just cost you 35-40 rounds.

For 1/2 second burst , say "ONE THOUZ" and release trigger on Z. About 10 rounds.

Cheers

:thumbup: Useful and good to know. Thanks a lot.

With best regards.

Hey Folks,

Has anyone figured out a work around to rearm on the carrier? Playing SP TTI, I can do a hot start, depart the carrier, expend stores, then return to the carrier. At this stage I can do a hot refuel, but have to shut the engine down to rearm. Then, I can't restart the engine as per SDK limitations. Therefore I have been landing at a land base to rearm/refuel then continue the mission.

I wonder if Merker may be able to code in an engine start without the huffer if the aircraft meets the same requirements it needs to conduct the catapult-less launch. Therefore you would need to shutdown in vicinity of the catapult, to then restart the engine after rearm/refuel.

@Merker, also will your Oriskany mod have the same limitations as the Stennis, or will you have the freedom that catapults and restarts will be allowed on the mod? Many thanks to you and the entire team for this brilliant aircraft. Well done!

Cheers!

Scotch

my workaround to have rearm ability is to use a static carrier

landing is not much different, while taking off definitively is

i wanna look into the ME and see if i can use flags to have the ship to start and stop by my command

question: is the missile damage model going to see any changes in the next version?

With guns, in DCS, and in RW, timing is everything. As it is in classical music training. A-4E has a simple reflex gunsight with MOA scales. Precision and accuracy is dependent on pre-trigger attitude of aircraft in relation to target. During 1930's and during WWII, some instructors used old fashioned metronomes, used for training of pianists, to train time ticks into gunnery students. "ONE THOUSAND ONE..." comes from that. In DCS, even though you are in an entirely synthetic environment, how you hold the stick, and trigger pull can effect accuracy. If you hold stick hard, and pull trigger fast, the nose of your A/C will jump, which will effect your accuracy. This is more applicable to air air gunnery, but can also effect Air-ground gunnery.

Good Luck!

ok i've found a way to start and stop the carrier for re-arming and restart the plane

using this script here by Wrench https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213662

I made a very simple mission with everything already set and 4 Skyhawks on deck for those that aren't familiar with the mission editor

the script also provides bearing, range, and coords for the carrier

it just isn't very fast to stop the ship at first :joystick:

(i just think it just won't stop it until the ship has turned into wind :pilotfly:)

I've just tested it in a couple of sorties but I already think it's perfect for the A4 needs :thumbup:

a4startstopcarrier .miz

@Dix well done! I haven't had a chance to try the mission yet, but I have one question;

Where and how can the carrier script be incorporated into an existing mission, eg TTI Persian Gulf, if at all? Will that effect scripts already running?

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

quick question:

so i reallly want to fly this, but I just don't find SFMs enjoyable (with any modules). so was wondering if there was a quick and dirty way to simply copy/paste a comparable module's (maybe F-5?) flight model to the A-4 so it it at least has a semblance of realistic feel. would this be possible?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Dresoccer4 have you tried the A-4? Sure its a mod with SFM but its as complete as can be for not having the SDK. And getting better all the time. The A-4 guys just keep making it better. Almost all of the systems work, Nav, Auto pilot and so on. The thing handles quite well. Trim is a bit of WIP but overall its very well done. Its a clickpit that can carry a ton of ordinance . It doesn't fly like its on rails and it takes time to spool the engine up in flight to adjust speed so it does not feel like a "Video game plane" in that respect. No disrespect meant I'm just asking if you tried it yet.

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Dresoccer4 have you tried the A-4? Sure its a mod with SFM but its as complete as can be for not having the SDK. And getting better all the time. The A-4 guys just keep making it better. Almost all of the systems work, Nav, Auto pilot and so on. The thing handles quite well. Trim is a bit of WIP but overall its very well done. Its a clickpit that can carry a ton of ordinance . It doesn't fly like its on rails and it takes time to spool the engine up in flight to adjust speed so it does not feel like a "Video game plane" in that respect. No disrespect meant I'm just asking if you tried it yet.
Yes, I can second this ^^^

I'm fairly hopeless at BFM and ACM at the best of times, but I was able to own an AI F-5E in a guns only dogfight over and over by keeping a tight turning circle so the Tiger could not get a lead on me. When I was able, I could do an escape/acceleration manoeuvre to be able to gain separation, then re-engage. Eventually I was able to gun him, or he ran out of fuel and had to eject. I think the flight model is quite good, I was generally holding a 330 knots sustained turn, then a real yank down to 280 knots if he looked like getting lead pursuit.

Definitely give it a go against like era aircraft.

Cheers!

Is it really SFM? It feels more real then SFM. How it rolls, rudder trim, and landing gear interaction with ground. It feels pretty good.

Is it really SFM? It feels more real then SFM. How it rolls, rudder trim, and landing gear interaction with ground. It feels pretty good.

This is an excerpt of what Gospadin wrote on 08.28.2016 here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162, post #2:

• This mod is built with a Simple Flight Model (SFM) and Simple Systems Model (SSM). We have no SDK access, and we are not an official 3rd party developer. As a team, we have no current plans to become one. Individuals on this team may have their own future plans, and that is up to them to discuss or reveal as they choose.
  • The cockpit will be fully clickable, and we intend to model every system we can, within the SSM limitation.
  • We are modeling a late A-4E with the avionics hump. We have no plans to offer an A-4A/B/C/F or non-humped E.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

A-4E-C Project Update Q1 2019

A-4E-C Project Update Q1 2019

Happy New Year! 2019 has a lot still in store for the A-4E-C, beginning with a few announcements today! Available now from our team and community members are a new Installer, a download link for in-progress Beta builds, and a seperate download for our original WWII Weapons mod that is currently part of the A-4E-C mod.

Coming in February is the A-4E-C Version 1.0.3 Update, which will contain a number of updates and bugfixes for the mod. These updates are almost entirely coming to you thanks to the efforts of hard working community members who have joined us in the past month, and we greatly thank them for their contributions! If you would like to contribute, please consider joining us on Discord at https://discord.gg/VEmJWVP

Going forward, we’ll likely be switching to quarterly updates outside of each new version release. While I was not initially sure if we would have any updates at all, the prevalence of progress and new work justifies updates on at least a quarterly basis.

NEW: Installer.exe

Thanks to the work of community member Careos, we now have a new way to download and install the A-4E-C. This is still experimental at the moment, but we hope to further test and refine it in the future. Follow the link below to download the installer, then run the program and ensure that the target destination is the active folder for your version of DCS. In addition to this installer, we will continue to provide the folder download via Google Drives.

Download the experimental build of the Installer HERE: https://goo.gl/yTgwro

NEW: Beta Download

Tired of waiting for the latest and greatest A-4E-C? Want to help the dev team and community devs test out new features and bugfixes? Great news, you can now download realtime test builds of upcoming updates on Github! Please be aware that these are work in progress builds which have no guarantee of working. This is for advanced/adventurous users only!

Visit the A-4E-C GitHub HERE: https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c

NEW: Separate WWII Weapons Pack Download

For those looking to utilize our original AN-series surplus WWII munitions without having to download the A-4E-C, there is now a separate download available for just that thanks to community member Stonehouse. Because of how DCS handles weapons, you’ll need to edit the code of existing aircraft in order to utilize these weapons. Place this into SavedGames/DCSVERSION/Mods/Tech. This is for advanced users only!

Download the WWII Weapons Pack HERE: https://goo.gl/xw5qWi

Coming Soon: Update 1.0.3

Coming in late January or early February is A-4E-C version 1.0.3. This update will bring several big bug fixes, as well as introducing a few new features as well. Thanks to the incredible work of Heclak, creator of the earliest submods for the A-4E-C, we have been able to introduce a large number of bugfixes and features. There are still a number of high-priority bugs we’re working to a identify the cause of (impervious to missiles) and will provide an update when a solution has been implemented. For now, here are some of the highlights of the upcoming update.

New Features:

-Carrier Cold Start

-Parking chocks option and animation (WIP Screenshot Below)

L0pcflI.png

Bug Fixes:

-Red Light switch no longer frozen

-Correct Instrument and Console lighting knobs assigned

-AIM-9P pylon extensions now visible

Update: USS Oriskany

Work on the USS Oriskany has been sidelined while v1.0.3 is in progress, however some work occured over the Christmas break. Due to a significant lack of era-appropriate aircraft for the Oriskany, several new carrier deck “candy” models are in progress. These will include the SH-3 and F-8. These models will be static only for now due to the lower-detailed geometry being used to ensure smooth performance on the deck. Check out some early screenshots below!

1rc1Hey.png

Oyjvn0j.png

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Nice! thank you Merker and team!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Great news! Thank you for your work! It's a really great mod! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: