NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Question for the Mod team : With the A4E and persian gulf map gives one the perfect settings to replicate a Mission mini campaign fighting Daesh/ ISIS albiet with one problem terrorist assets Specifically an Armored Vbied.

Is there anyway the team could model one say using a small Russian fuel truck that one one could have multiple trucks plus ordinary fuel trucks re-skin with arabic instead of Cyrillic in one unit

Heres my Idea that I would like to create using the PG map until the Syria map but I have no modeling or modding experience.

Feel free to copy or share my idea

as a member of Draken your team is sent into Middle east/Kurdistan to conduct flight training for the newly created Kurdish Air force who recently purchased ex Israeli A-4H and hired Draken to train the pilots on the A-4. meanwhile your team is Conducting training in country. hostilities intensify and your team is tasked to defend the airfield and surrounding area from ISIS attacks

known assets are older ww2 German and British systems, older Russian armor t55/62 Improvised armored vehicles including armored vbied's and

Suspected captured Iranian Hawk and at least 1 Sa-2 system as well as various man-pads no known air capabilities But Russia and turkey are nervous following a shoot down of multiple Russian aircraft and will engage non state actors if neutral airspace is violated as Draken and the Kurdish air-force is not recognized avoid straying with in 6 km of Russian assets.

my thoughts are basic flight training as an instructor and your AI wingman is the trainee

7 mission campaign 1-2 training 3-7 combat missions fighting a guerrilla force in support of friendly troops in contact and QRF rapid flight and airbase defense against 1-2 vbied threats and multiple infantry w possible armor support.

If anyone can help me with this thats great or if the mod team could include Daesh assets with their weapon pack that would be awesome again love the work!

daesh_Vbied.jpg.c9b24257baba7e75d9a961f03e4cba2b.jpg

Edited by Bad_Karma-701
forgot jpg

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Download the file "A-4E-C v1011 (HotfixPreApplied).zip" and unzip it to the folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta". That will extract the mod into the folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C" automatically.

If you don't have an openbeta but the stable version, you can extract it to the DCS folder instead of DSC.openbeta.

Im about to give up as i cant seem to figure out whats going wrong its automatically installed here

C:\Users\WAR-MACHINE\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

Ive tried deleting and installing to either

A-4E-C v1011 (HotfixPreApplied) as well as the new A-4E-C_v102_.exe

to Q:\DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

and

C:\Users\WAR-MACHINE\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

And i have had zero luck no icon to select aircraft or quick mission no a4 listed it does show the A-4E-c under installed modules tab unknown

I am literally stumped at why I can use the mod or what step i missed... :( looks like I wont be able to try it out unless its a full fledged module.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Im about to give up as i cant seem to figure out whats going wrong its automatically installed here

and

And i have had zero luck no icon to select aircraft or quick mission no a4 listed it does show the A-4E-c under installed modules tab unknown

I am literally stumped at why I can use the mod or what step i missed... :( looks like I wont be able to try it out unless its a full fledged module.

it should be fine to just download the A4 folder into "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft"

try to open with a text editor the DCS.log file in the \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\ folder, and see if there is any error related to the A4

or better yet paste it here and share it so we can give it a look https://pastebin.com/

and

The A-4E-C mod should be installed ONLY in the USERS folder ("C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" if you have the open beta installed or "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS" if you've got the stable version of DCS installed). Don't extract the mod to any other folder. If you already have, delete it from that other folder.

And you should of corse use the latest version 1.02. Anything else is outdated. Good luck! :)

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Is ED giving you guys support for the cat shot? I would hope they are as this should be included in the FtP feature of DCS World!

If ED would support these guys, it would be really great, if they would implement the radio communication. It's so sad that this really excellent mod has only radio comms to the ground-crew with the canopy opened. It would be so much more fun, if we could radio with ATC, wingmen, AWACS, (buddy-)tanker and the boat. Wow - I must stop dreaming... :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Are there any online servers that have this plane?
SmokeFan, Carrier Strike Group 1 (https://www.csg-1.com/ and Discord: https://discord.gg/RHxJWm) has a dedicated Scooter Squadron, VMA-131 Diamondbacks (our recruiting Discord https://discord.gg/kSRScR).

We still have a few open pilot slots for the right mix.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

If ED would support these guys, it would be really great, if they would implement the radio communication. It's so sad that this really excellent mod has only radio comms to the ground-crew with the canopy opened. It would be so much more fun, if we could radio with ATC, wingmen, AWACS, (buddy-)tanker and the boat. Wow - I must stop dreaming... :cry:

Yeah but the mod is awesome as it is right now. Also, it feels pretty badass to fly without talking and asking permission to anyone... :D

Excellent MOD thank you to all those concerned.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Yeah but the mod is awesome as it is right now. Also, it feels pretty badass to fly without talking and asking permission to anyone... :D

Yeah, the Rambo feeling is not bad either, but sometimes it's very handy to scream for help and someone can hear you. :smilewink:

whats the ww2 weapons pack about?

Post #781 in this thread:

NEW: Separate WWII Weapons Pack Download

For those looking to utilize our original AN-series surplus WWII munitions without having to download the A-4E-C, there is now a separate download available for just that thanks to community member Stonehouse. Because of how DCS handles weapons, you’ll need to edit the code of existing aircraft in order to utilize these weapons. Place this into SavedGames/DCSVERSION/Mods/Tech. This is for advanced users only!

Download the WWII Weapons Pack HERE: https://goo.gl/xw5qWi

Could someone tell me what the spoilers are used for, and under what conditions they should be used?

Cheers!

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Could someone tell me what the spoilers are used for, and under what conditions they should be used?

Cheers!

Mud

Believe they were added to the Foxtrot version of the Skyhawk (though was retro fitted to earlier some earlier versions). Its used to reduce the runway roll (so not for carrier operations) - you arm them and they are then activated with the weight on wheels when you touch down (just like airliners do).

They increase drag as well as adding weight on wheels (they were susceptible to crosswinds due to the narrow weight track so getting further weight on the wheels helps stay on the runway)

Spoilers , in A-4E are used as aerobrakes during landing. Spoilers are aerodynamic drag creating surfaces, that do not add or subtract lift. They differ from flaps, as flaps add lift and drag. Spoilers just add drag, without corresponding increase in lift. Because spoilers are so effective in slowing aircraft down, they are dangerous in small aircraft such as A-4. Aircraft can go into stall, before pilot retracts them, while airborne. Thus they are used only on conventional landing, and deploy only when there is weight on wheels. Spoilers are semi automatic in A-4. When landing, on final, ARM SPOILERS is enabled. They will pop up automatically when there is weight on main gear. If spoilers are armed, and your sinkrate is high enough that aircraft bounces, Disarm spoilers. They should retract automatically when aircraft goes airborne after bounce. But retraction is not instantaneous and you aircraft can stall while inflight, then your A-4 will settle at excessive sinkrate which can collapse gear and cause a crash.

DO NOT USE SPOILERS IN CARRIER RECOVERY!

To learn more look up Induced Drag, and Parasitic Drag.

Spoilers , in A-4E are used as aerobrakes during landing. Spoilers are aerodynamic drag creating surfaces, that do not add or subtract lift...

To learn more look up Induced Drag, and Parasitic Drag.

Sorry but thats not a correct statement. Besides adding drag, spoiler also DO decrease lift.

Besides changing the general shape of the upper surface of the wing ( which is a safe recipe to change the generated lift) , they also disrupt the airflow over the wing.

If you donˋt believe me, have an internet search on „ spoilers , effect on lift“.

NASA , among others has a page where they explain aircraft control surfaces

and clearly state for spoilers that they reduce lift.

They should know , after all.

Kind regards Snappy