NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

A4 spoilers

The spoilers both add drag and decrease lift, One reason they were incorporated is the a4's really bad tendency to lift the upwind wing during a crosswind landing. Spoilers dump the wing lift when activated and reduce the possibility of wing lift during a crosswind field landing. The spoilers were connected to the squat switch to prevent deployment in the air

Emergency Generator

If emergency generator is released in flight (handle beneath the girl's picture), the exterior animation is only a wobbling black disk. Did anyone else try it and had the same wrong animation of the generator's propeller?

I found a picture, how it should look like: http://a4skyhawk.info/page/skyhawk-electrical-system

And a good joke I found here: http://a4skyhawk.info/article/aviation-humor

Landing Signal Officer to a carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt: "You've got to land here, son; this is where the food is". :megalol::lol:

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Guys,I'm enjoying the A-4 like may others here,kudos to the devs thumbup.gif

I have been perfecting my taking off and landing procedures from the carrier and I have a very small problem......more than likely.my poor aircraft handling,but when I spawn in on a hot start,my A-4 rolls backwards,is there a parking brake that can be used to stop this please ?.......or is there something else I need to be aware of,thanks.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Guys,I'm enjoying the A-4 like may others here,kudos to the devs thumbup.gif

I have been perfecting my taking off and landing procedures from the carrier and I have a very small problem......more than likely.my poor aircraft handling,but when I spawn in on a hot start,my A-4 rolls backwards,is there a parking brake that can be used to stop this please ?.......or is there something else I need to be aware of,thanks.

I bound the wheel brake (W) to the APU switch up (on the TM Warthog throttle) so it acts as a park brake as soon as I spawn. This saves me having to hold the "W" key down.

Then just use the "W" key as normal when taxiing around or landing.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

In the next update we will have stoppers for the wheels!!!

Yeah thanks,I've just found out that myself,as you say,in the next update v 1.0.3 coming late Jan/early Feb we get these new features.

-Carrier Cold Starts

-Parking chocks option and animation

That'll solve the problem for sure !....there's also a planned USS Oriskany coming in the future too.

It's the gift that just keeps giving....thanks Devs your doing a great job thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

is there a way to uninstall it, other then just reinstall DCS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

is there a way to uninstall it, other then just reinstall DCS?

Remove from the Saved Games Folder?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it should be fine to just download the A4 folder into "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft"

try to open with a text editor the DCS.log file in the \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\ folder, and see if there is any error related to the A4

or better yet paste it here and share it so we can give it a look https://pastebin.com/

log file shows this for errors

2019-01-19 20:27:43.943 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to parse manifest: demomods/aircraft/a-4e-c/dcs_manifest.x86_64

2019-01-19 20:28:51.163 ERROR Scripting: <NULL>

2019-01-19 20:28:57.721 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'A-4E-C': not authorized

Update* Unistalled DCS open beta Reinstalled stable downlaoded A-4E-c standalone installed and after dcs was restarted it now shows up so maybe there was something with open beta on my system it didnt like with the A4 files.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Are we going to receive proper carrier cat launches with this mod at some point?

Without an EFM that isn't quite possible, and I'm not even sure that if/when the EFM gets up and running it'll be possible to hook onto catapults in the same way that the Hornet does.

With that said, there's been some significant overhauling going on of carrier operations in general, which include things like wheel chocks to keep you from sliding around the deck, work on the huffer to allow carrier cold starts, as well as a new catapult system which should feel much better.

Are we going to receive proper carrier cat launches with this mod at some point?

Yes, Nero has been working on a way that allows proper cat launches! You can view the beta branch on Github and try it out (Will have to remap the Throttle bind).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Sorry for double post.

log file shows this for errors

2019-01-19 20:27:43.943 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to parse manifest: demomods/aircraft/a-4e-c/dcs_manifest.x86_64

2019-01-19 20:28:51.163 ERROR Scripting: <NULL>

2019-01-19 20:28:57.721 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'A-4E-C': not authorized

Update* Unistalled DCS open beta Reinstalled stable downlaoded A-4E-c standalone installed and after dcs was restarted it now shows up so maybe there was something with open beta on my system it didnt like with the A4 files.

You've installed it in the wrong folder. Remove it and go to C drive, saved games, find the DCS folder that correlates to the one you are using then mods/aircraft/<put A-4 folder here>.

If you still have problems feel free to reach me on Discord and i can help you out (Level#5042).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Hey guys,

Just tried the plane for the first time...

For a freeware, this is an amazing build. I'm not going to say I'm holding this up to payware modules, but this is excellent! I will certainly have fun flying this

That being said, couple quick questions from the 30 min flight I had...

1 - HUD: The reticle is really large. Is that normal? I saw that on the yt reviews as well, so I assume it is, but is that designed like how it's supposed to be?

2 - Radar modes: I see SEARCH, A/G and TC. Is there a guide to explain how these work? I saw the yt video, but it doesn't explain what the modes do or how I use them. Is there a guide for it so I can better understand?

3 - Countermeasures: I watched a video where they said the plane doesn't have countermeasures, but I see a box for it on the cockpit. Does this work? I see auto mode as well. How do I use it?

4 - Bombing: I assume like the F5, there is an angle/speed guide to drop bombs? Is there a guide for this plane I can read?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes, but these were few quick ones I had...

Looking forward to more flying with it! I wish DCS would help these guys out more in developing this plane so we can get proper cat launches, a2a refuel etc.

Nope. 1.03 is not out yet. But let’s say the change log is getting long and very exciting.

Now your just teasing us all heclak smilewink.gif

exactly, but worth the wait. thank you team! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I think most of the changes are already out in the open. You can even download the dev build if you’re interested. This is unsupported and known to be incomplete of course. This is probably the most open development in DCS history. You can see the github for the code changes being made and you can even join the discord to see the developers discuss working on the module. It’s like you’re all in the same room.