AGM-65E at night

Pizzicato

Hey guys,

I have a question about employment of the AGM-65E at night. I decided to make a copy of Wags' sample mission versus the 3 APCs, and then just change the time of day from 08:15 to 02:15.

Everything works fine in terms of the JTAC's 9-line until I complete the readback. Instead of the usual "Report IP INBOUND" from the JTAC, I get "Cleared to Attack". There's no option to report "IP inbound" or to ask for laser activation.

Pretty sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I had got the same roblem when I modified an user made jtac mission. I thought that I did something wrong

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Sounds like you're type 3 so you'll only get a general clearance to attack and not a type1/type2 "cleared hot."

Thanks Frederf.

Is it possible to get the JTAC to lase the target even when you're Type 3?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Let's approach this from a different direction: What options do you have when you get stuck in the process?

Ask a friendly and helpful member of the community for help?

In case you're not aware of the 3 types of CAS as Frederf mentioned, here's some definitions:

Damn Trev! Great information!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Will the JTAC still laze under type 3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I hate this answer, but-- it depends.

One of the reasons a JTAC will declare Type 3 control is that he unable to visualize the target directly. That's probably what's happening here, sicen visual ranges are reduced at night. Under the circumstances, it doesn't seem like he will.

To get the JTAC to lase, you can move it closer to the target or use a remote laser platform, such as a UAV.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

in this video, jtac lasing the target during type2 at night.

can we arrange this type of mission?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Any ideas?

Change HMMWV to HMMWV TOW! In this case it was type 2.

EDIT: If I just change time to night, it's type 3 and no lasing with HMMWV...

Edited by Zarni

Everything is possible except skiing through revolving doors.

Probably not since the reason he is type 3 is likely because type 1 or 2 is not possible. AFAIK JTAC will always choose type 1 or 2 if he can and only choose type 3 if he can't.

The ME has some helper text when moving JTAC to let you know if he has LOS to target.