Tomcats Radar Screen?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

As I and we all wait for the Tomcat I want to educate a bit before I have the actual Manual in my Hands (on the screen).

Is there a special purpose to the radar screen of the Tomcat? I mean the overlay with the artificial horizon and the Squares that are moving on a kind of 3D landmass. Or is this just a design feature of the Tomcat?

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi, it's not a radar screen, it's the VDI. It has 2 modes, you either see the "HUD" plus ILS needles, etc... or the TCS camera picture. you can select the mode using a switch on the lower right side of the panel.

I think I have much to learn :)

Thank you very much

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Also the squares moving towards the pilot are to quickly enable the pilot to differentiate air from ground when heads-down.

Fair bit to learn yes - the NAVAIR is 965 pages so...yeah. Available in PDF if you google for it - NAVAIR 01-F14AAP-1 is for the F-14B. Slight differences thou as I believe we are getting the earlier navigation system etc.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]