F-18 Specific/ Thrustmaster Cougar Afterburner

Fakum

This is a question specifically dealing with the F-18, and the use of Thrustmaster Cougar. I know there is a ton of chatter for other HOTAS's but I have not found any discussion specific to the Thrustmaster Cougar. I realize that there is not an abundance of us, but i know your out there. Here is the question, have you been successful in configuring the Cougar Throttle Afterburner On/Off? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

This is a question specifically dealing with the F-18, and the use of Thrustmaster Cougar. I know there is a ton of chatter for other HOTAS's but I have not found any discussion specific to the Thrustmaster Cougar. I realize that there is not an abundance of us, but i know your out there. Here is the question, have you been successful in configuring the Cougar Throttle Afterburner On/Off? Thanks,

There is a post that suggests it can be , and the guy that can definitively answer your question .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224460

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Here is the question, have you been successful in configuring the Cougar Throttle Afterburner On/Off? Thanks,

I played for a while with the THR_RANGE statement in Foxy, and managed to make use of the two detents that the Cougar has, so that when the lever goes below the IDLE detent, the engines go from idle to stop, if it goes over IDLE the engines go from stop to idle.

In the same way, when the lever goes over the AB detent, the afterburner lights up, etc.

The only problem is that it's easy to shutdown the engines if you just slam back the throttle lever :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Svsmokey: Thanks, but that is for the loose throttle, good tip though.

@Rudel:, yeah, I get what your saying, the adjustments would have to be pretty well fined tuned to actually be able to achieve 100% Full Military power without engaging afterburner. I did notice (on my throttle anyway, that once I get to the threshold of engaging the afterburner, it does not seem that the exact same point will disengage the afterburner. In the mean time, I mapped a button for the cycling of the afterburner detent On/Off, at least I can be certain about its status,,,, might take a little getting used too if it turns out to be the best solution?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle