F/A-18C Topgun Campaign-My Combat Movies

Sydy

Hi guys,

I just flew florenceSSD's FA-18C Topgun campaign had a lot of fun doing it. Just by chance, I decided to make some videos during the engagements. After that I edited it and posted on Youtube.

The campaign is very good to develop flying ability in the Hornet. The campaign is available on DCS User Files Download, made by "florenceSSD" and is highly recommended to anyone that likes BFM - Basic Fighter Maneuvering. "florenceSSD" did a great job on it. The link is https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301870/

The last video was longer because it was the "Graduation Day". If you guys are in a hurry and just want to see the engagements, jump to the middle of the videos (Missions 1-14) and to 06:30 on the last one (Mission 15).

I hope you enjoy it.

Mission 01 - F-5E

Mission 02 - F-4E Phantom

Mission 03 - F-14A Tomcat

Mission 04 - M-2000C Mirage

Mission 05 - Shenyang J-11A Flanker-L

Mission 06 - Mig-29S Fulcrum

Mission 07 - Su-27 Flanker

Mission 08 - F-16block50 Fighting Falcon

Mission 09 - Su-30 Flanker-C

Mission 10 - Su-33 Flanker D

Mission 11 - 2 F-4E Phantoms

Mission 12 - 2 F-14A Tomcats

Mission 13 - 2 F-15C Eagles

Mission 14 - 2 F-16block50 Fighting Falcons

Mission 15 - Graduation Day! (3 F-15C Eagles)

florenceSSD, congratulations for your campaign, I am looking forward to fly some more stuff you made.

I hope you like it and, maybe, even learn something out of it.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Nice movies. Gonna give that campaign a go

Myself since ive basicly gone through all the basic stuff that came with the F-18 module rather succesfully and looking for something more challenging to further improve my air to air skills before i go online sooner of later..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I'm the guy that created this, just a different callsign on here. Glad you enjoyed it. You must have an early version as there should be a bonus mission at the end. Plus, when you finish the grad sortie, fly down the runway as briefed for some celebrations.

Hi Florence,

You did a great job on this campaign. I basically did not fly down the runway and opted to land. Anyway, it was great to fly it.

Nice movies. Gonna give that campaign a go

Myself since ive basicly gone through all the basic stuff that came with the F-18 module rather succesfully and looking for something more challenging to further improve my air to air skills before i go online sooner of later..

Tks, Oscar, I had a lot of fun flying the missions. I am sure you’re gonna improve your A-A skills flying this campaign.

All the best,

Sydy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Florence,

You did a great job on this campaign. I basically did not fly down the runway and opted to land. Anyway, it was great to fly it.

Tks, Oscar, I had a lot of fun flying the missions. I am sure you’re gonna improve your A-A skills flying this campaign.

All the best,

Sydy

I would, but when i installed the deck crew addon correcte and start the campaign it still keeps saying i need the deck crew module which is allready i installed. I think it has something to do with that im running the steam version. Asked the publisher of the deck crew addon to help me fix it. But no reply whatsoever

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would, but when i installed the deck crew addon correcte and start the campaign it still keeps saying i need the deck crew module which is allready i installed. I think it has something to do with that im running the steam version. Asked the publisher of the deck crew addon to help me fix it. But no reply whatsoever

Hi did you try to install it via JSGME?

I only made it afte I used the JSGME to install the navy crew mod.

all the best,

Sydy

Hi did you try to install it via JSGME?

I only made it afte I used the JSGME to install the navy crew mod.

all the best,

Sydy

I tried with JsGme. No Joy, can you tell what directory you installed JsGme? Im running the steam version. Really dying to give this campaign a go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried with JsGme. No Joy, can you tell what directory you installed JsGme? Im running the steam version. Really dying to give this campaign a go.

Hi Oscar,

JSGME has to be on C: (C:\JSGME)

I made a folder at DCS main folder like F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS

and Assigned both paths on JSGME icon with Target he C:\JSGME\JSGME.exe and Start in the F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

Put all the mods in the _MODS folder. Just like that.

interesting to see how you missed all your shots on the F4 although you had the reticle alligned with a lead and the shoot cue on. You hit him only when you took a longer lead without the shoot cue.

True to the bone. It was weird. In the last pass I just leaded ahead and "relax" the G so the F4 flew through the cannon path.

Tks,

Sydy

Looks interesting. Do you really have to add the "Deck crew" mod?

Hate adding unnecessary bloat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Looks interesting. Do you really have to add the "Deck crew" mod?

Hate adding unnecessary bloat.

Hi Sarge,

I did... I tried first manually and didn't work out. I used JSGME and it went ok.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi Oscar,

JSGME has to be on C: (C:\JSGME)

I made a folder at DCS main folder like F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS

and Assigned both paths on JSGME icon with Target he C:\JSGME\JSGME.exe and Start in the F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

Put all the mods in the _MODS folder. Just like that.

True to the bone. It was weird. In the last pass I just leaded ahead and "relax" the G so the F4 flew through the cannon path.

Tks,

Sydy

Ok got it working after making a mod\tech folder because it didnt have any & extracting the files directly to the mods\tech folder. I moved them there manually before & it seems the deckcrew folder had Some zipped files in them as well which i think caused the mod not to work. Thanks anyway!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried with JsGme. No Joy, can you tell what directory you installed JsGme? Im running the steam version.

Tested the first TopGun mission in Steam without issue, perhaps this will help ?

The directories I installed to were

US Navy Deck Equipment

"Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\US Navy Equipment"

F/A-18C TopGun Release V3.2

"Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\FA-18C TopGun by florenceSSD"

Tested DCS World Steam Edition [openbeta] 2.5.3.24436

Ok got it working after making a mod\tech folder because it didnt have any & extracting the files directly to the mods\tech folder.

Cool, glad you've got it sorted.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Tested the first TopGun mission in Steam without issue, perhaps this will help ?

The directories I installed to were

US Navy Deck Equipment

"Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\US Navy Equipment"

F/A-18C TopGun Release V3.2

"Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\FA-18C TopGun by florenceSSD"

Tested DCS World Steam Edition [openbeta] 2.5.3.24436

Cool, glad you've got it sorted.

Hey i got idea. Maybe when i finish the top gun campaign we can go head to head sometime online?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

For some reason when i fly mission with my wingman, my wingman refuses to engage the bandits. No matter what i try he just says "unable" when i tell him to engage bandits even when they are right in front of him or i am engaged. He just fly,s level and straight untill he is blown out of the sky. I can handle 2 fighters on my own, but the last mission when i must face 3 f-15,s myself without any help from my wingman besides target practise for the agressors just doesnt cut it. Whats up with this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason when i fly mission with my wingman, my wingman refuses to engage the bandits. No matter what i try he just says "unable" when i tell him to engage bandits even when they are right in front of him or i am engaged. He just fly,s level and straight untill he is blown out of the sky. I can handle 2 fighters on my own, but the last mission when i must face 3 f-15,s myself without any help from my wingman besides target practise for the agressors just doesnt cut it. Whats up with this?

I'll investigate this and get back to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]