Kh-25ML range question

Lixma 06

According to the DCS encyclopedia the Kh-25ML has a range of 20km. According to Wikipedia it has a range of 11km.

In-game I can't get a launch cue outside 7.2km - more or less identical to the Vikhr's max operational range.

Is this a limitation specific to the Ka-50 (perhaps the laser's max range) or a bug?

I think is because the low speed low altitude launch profile from a helicopter.

I guess launching a missile at 500 or 600 km/h from 10.000 feet should increase a lot the range.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

hehe, for science, well it doesn't seem to be added into DCS then or those missiles just don't reach, as said I have never had a lock over that anyway/either

edit...really Bad? before 2.5? or after, don't think I did in 1.5

TBH, Naval ops were broken for such a long time (Kh25 falling into the ground, MP ships not synchronized, choppers falling off the decks, MP aircraft spawning on top of another...) that, after many disaster MP missions, I kinda left all that aspect of the Shark's operations behind me for years. It was not worth the hours of work in the ME.

A few months ago, we had a training session for indirect lasing mode for the Kh25 and it worked, but I just can't remember the distance those boats were from us. I have to try again.

• 4 years later...