Checking first ...should I buy the A10.

Frag

Hi guys,

just a quick check with you before doing a move. I am a click away from buying the A10-C, but I am a bit reluctant since I recently bought the KA-50 to finally realize that the textures are outdated and the VIKHR missile system is bugged with the lighting ...with no answer at all from ED if that aircraft will one day be updated.

So now, considering that the A-10C is as old, will there be stuff not working ... or the plane is fine? Should I rather go with a more recent plane (like the Viggen or the Harrier).

Thanks!

If you want the most functional, complex, fixed-wing aircraft that ED has to offer, go with the A-10C. There is some stuff on it that isn't working like it should, but that is true of all of the modules. Not sure about the Viggen, since I don't have that module, but the Harrier is a work in progress with all kinds of things that still need to be fixed. That being said, its very impressive visually.

Just flew a relaxing desert training mission in the NTTR area, and the latest DCS update to the Open Beta has really made for a breathtaking experience. It even appears that ED has fixed the issue with overly-bright wingtip strobes bouncing off of everything in your cockpit in full daylight.

Many of the most bothersome things that need fixing are DCS-wide though, and don't just affect the A-10C. In my opinion, it would be a really good aircraft module to buy if you like the kind of depth and complexity that the Ka-50 provides.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Can’t agree with the two gents above any more. Buy with confidence, particularly with the sale on. You will not regret it.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

... I recently bought the KA-50 to finally realize that the textures are outdated and the VIKHR missile system is bugged with the lighting ...with no answer at all from ED if that aircraft will one day be updated.

That’s just not so ... ED already announced that they will update not only the Ka-50, but the A-10C as well:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3548557&postcount=148

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A10-C, there is no module I could recommend buying more. Enjoy learning it, it will keep you busy for a while ! :)

Exactly!! And for me i tend to always come back to the hog and it always get's good flying hours every month because it's just a hell lot of fun to fly despite it's not my primary module at the moment.

Imho the best software-entertainment investement i ever made.

Regarding the cockpit textures: as it was said,the upgrade will come - till then i can highly recommend to use this user made texture update in the meantime:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216257

easy to install Version: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302026/

Get yourself a Hog and have fun mate

Cheers

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I find the A10c like a good onion. Peel back a layer as you learn, and there’s still plenty more layers underneath.

Initially, can seem daunting. However, it’s actually quite easy and fun to learn one thing at a time as individually they’re relatively straightforward. Being able to then pull various elements together is the very rewarding.

I didn’t really expect to enjoy it that much as I thought of it as a slow Harrier. In practise, it’s a great piece of kit, easily worth full price, don’t mind about half.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Since we are at it guys, do you know if those training campaigns are still working in the 2.5 world?

At 5$ I would buy 2 ...but would just want to make sure that I would not get stuck with something non compatible with 2.5.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_ttq_campaign/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/advanced_aircraft_training_qualification_campaign/

DCS_A-10C_TTQ-Camp_700x1000.jpg

Edited by Frag

Since we are at it guys, do you know if those training campaigns are still working in the 2.5 world?

At 5$ I would buy 2 ...but would just want to make sure that I would not get stuck with something non compatible with 2.5.

Yes, they do work on 2.5 ... however, the "training" on their titles is a bit misleading, as you have to do the training on your own and the Campaigns are more like a "test" of your training. Hopefully Baltic Dragon will soon create a proper training Campaign for the A-10 :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, as paid DLC, they are maintained and updated in step with DCS by Sabre-TLA

They are not 'teaching' campaigns, but pilot evaluation flights based off USAF Aircrew Evaluation Criteria and real 'check' rides.

They are a series of tasks that must be performed to a set 'standard' i.e.

• Altitude +/- 200 feet

• Airspeed +/- 5%

• Course +/- 5 degrees/3 NM (whichever is greater)

Although you can learn from the missions, they are really there to check if you are skillful enough to pass the 'real' tests after becoming competent in DCS.

It's best to have:

• read the DCS A-10C manual

• completed the default DCS training missions

• flown a few combat missions

to get the most benefit from the A-10C 'Qualification' campaigns.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The A-10C is what I started with on my DCS journey. I'd recommend it as a first module to anyone! Stick with it, and you'll learn lots. Plus, there is wealth of info and video's out there to help you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Here's a link to the purchase page for the Nevada map.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/terrains/

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Thanks but I have no intention of buying Nevada. I hate the desert with a passion. That's why I live in the Rockies.

I was talking about the Red Flag campaign not having a buy button.

Hahahahaha amazing!:megalol: You can't buy it because you don't own the neccessary well hated desert to use it

The shop prevents you from buying stuff you can't use because neccessary modules - e.g. certain hated deserts - are not owned by the customer.

Cheers

I didn't say I wanted to buy it. I said there was no buy button. I see plenty of buy buttons on content that uses the Nevada map.

So, there must be another reason wise guy.

Lol that would be regarded as a fail then. For me it shows a buy butten

I didn't say I wanted to buy it. I said there was no buy button. I see plenty of buy buttons on content that uses the Nevada map.

Desert Karma my man...

;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Funny thing is, for me there is no buy button when a product is required, that i don't own - just checked it. Instead of the buy button i have a hint "Requires another product". Since i own NTTR i have a buy button for the Red Flag Campaign.

I don't think so. If you do it's a bug in the shop. Please report that to ED.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.