How do I fire AGM-65G?

zonie

Interesting then! I spent a good part of the day yesterday in the server and that was my experience most of the time, not all, but most.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Interesting then! I spent a good part of the day yesterday in the server and that was my experience most of the time, not all, but most.

I was playing in SP!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hmm,,, I have not tried SP

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I've tried again just now, using ground vehicles as targets. I had to uncage after every shot, but never had to fiddle around. Just pushed my china hat forward once and that uncaged it. That was with AGM-65D. Yesterday with "G" same story. My only problems are difficulty of spotting the targets and the fiddly behaviour of the slew (I already reduced the Saturation for X and Y to 20% resp.)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

using waypoint designate and IRmav

Please help, not sure where i’m going wrong.

I have a F-18 ir-mav ground attack test mission.

I activate F-18 ir-mav then, using the HSI I designate the waypoint near to the target as the target.

Diamond shows up on the HUD at the target location.

when it cools down the maverick triangle ‘zeros-in’ automatically on the designated location and is automatically uncaged.

When I set the TDC onto the maverick DDI (preparing to slew over the actual target) the maverick is immediately caged and returns to boresight.

Is there a way to avoid this happening?

Or to quickly recover the target location?

Hope this makes sense.

:)

I dont know if it matters, but you were only doing SP correct?

I just created a quick mission for single player, and I was able to uncage/cage immediately after every rifle,,, so,,,,,, hmmmm Still WIP, I guess that may be the issue.

I dont know if it matters, but you were only doing SP correct?

correct

LeCuvier

I can’t select the DDI as SOI.

AG selected, master arm on. Select AGM 65 G from stores page, push the “MAV” button again to bring up the picture from the missile on my left DDI. Press sensor select left (bound to my hotas) and nothing happens.

So I can’t slew it... however I can carefully aim at something in boresight, uncage, lock and fire.

Am I doing something wrong?

AKA Gaffer

AG selected, master arm on. Select AGM 65 G from stores page, push the “MAV” button again to bring up the picture from the missile on my left DDI.

At this point you have to wait about 3 minutes for the warm-up or cool-down. Watch the countdown in the upper left of the DDI!

When the countdown is finished you should push the sensor select hat left and uncage the seeker.

PS:

You didn't mention it, but I suppose you are in A/G mode.

LeCuvier

I have a problem controlling the mav's sensor. I have Throttle designator assigned to X, Y axis on my TWCS - works perfectly with the AA radar sensor, as well as with A-10

But with F-18 Mavs the sensor just starts moving and then continues to move across the MFD with no reaction to controller or sometimes it just changes direction and moves back. Also the cage/ungcage button has no effect.

The Mavs are warmed up, the MFD is SOI, the buttons ,./; work OK, but the axis on TWCS not - just with Mavs...

At this point you have to wait about 3 minutes for the warm-up or cool-down. Watch the countdown in the upper left of the DDI!

When the countdown is finished you should push the sensor select hat left and uncage the seeker.

PS:

You didn't mention it, but I suppose you are in A/G mode.

AG mode

From an air start, single player, 65G's

Master Arm - ON

Select AG mode

click MAV twice to bring up the seeker picture, wait 3 mins for countdown

Sensor Control Switch - LEFT (nothing happens) no diamond on the DDI. No slewing with my tdc.

Same if I go sensor control Right, no diamond on that DDI (usually on the EW page)

I can uncage in boresight and lock stuff that way. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

AKA Gaffer

AG mode

I can uncage in boresight and lock stuff that way. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Have you verified that your hat switch left is indeed bound to "sensor select switch left"? I have found today that I lost one or two bindings...

If that's not it, I would do a repair.

LeCuvier

Guys why we have 65D? I think that D model is for Air Force, isnt it?

We should have 65F model.

This thread is for usage discussion. There are other threads related to your question, you would benefit yourself to those for your inquiry.

AG mode

Master Arm - ON

Select AG mode

Sensor Control Switch - LEFT (nothing happens) no diamond on the DDI. No slewing with my tdc.

Same if I go sensor control Right, no diamond on that DDI (usually on the EW page)

Just a suggestion (because it sounds like your doing it right), setup as usual, then open up the controls option and see what results you get while attempting to use the "Sensor Select" (for making the Maverick DDI your sensor of interest) buttons on your HOTAS just to make sure your mapped correctly.

Have you verified that your hat switch left is indeed bound to "sensor select switch left"? I have found today that I lost one or two bindings...

If that's not it, I would do a repair.

Yes, it is. I also ran a repair, no change. Disabled all mods.. I believe it is under HOTAS, spelled as - SENSOR CONTROL LEFT

not sensor select. I don't see a sensor select on the HOTAS page for the hornet, I assume that sensor control is what everyone is referring to.

AKA Gaffer

Yes, it is. I also ran a repair, no change. Disabled all mods.. I believe it is under HOTAS, spelled as - SENSOR CONTROL LEFT

not sensor select. I don't see a sensor select on the HOTAS page for the hornet, I assume that sensor control is what everyone is referring to.

You're right. Sensor Control Switch - Left, - Right etc.

Let's check (assuming you are using the left DDI):

1. In Options/Controls, when you push the sensor control switch left, the cursor jumps to that command.

2. In flight, when you have switched to A/G mode, "MAVG" or MAVD" is displayed in the upper left of the DDI

3. After the 3-minute countdown, when you push the sensor select switch left, there should be a little caret in the upper right of the left DDI. At that point you should be able to uncage.

LeCuvier

AG mode

Master Arm - ON

Select AG mode

Did you use your Radar(TDC) before? I just had the "problem" after doing a CAP, landing on the boat, rearm and then i tried to use the AGM-65G(worked every time before - while just testing them) and i couldn't slew them- no SOI diamond in the corner. I had my MAV display on the right DDI(there was my Radar before displayed), switched back to the Radar(right DDI) and saw my SOI diamond, switched back to the MAV view(right DDI) no diamond no control. After using Sensor Control Fwd i was able to use Sensor Control right again to get the SOI/diamond in the MAV view. So even if your left/right DDI was set to SOI/diamond(using Radar for example) before you switched to the MAV view(at the same DDI) you have to reassign it(SOI) to that MAV view - Sensor Control Fwd and then Sensor Control left/right again.

I hope it is understandable.

My question, is this how it work's in RL? If i have the Radar on the right DDI and made it SOI and then switch the right DDI to the MAV view my right DDI is not SOI anymore but the "blanked/not visible" Radar page is still SOI.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

You're right. Sensor Control Switch - Left, - Right etc.

Let's check (assuming you are using the left DDI):

1. In Options/Controls, when you push the sensor control switch left, the cursor jumps to that command.

2. In flight, when you have switched to A/G mode, "MAVG" or MAVD" is displayed in the upper left of the DDI

3. After the 3-minute countdown, when you push the sensor select switch left, there should be a little caret in the upper right of the left DDI. At that point you should be able to uncage.

That little "caret" can be positioned there at the beginning of the mission if you like...you don't have to wait for the "IR warm up" to finish...the caret merely provides an indication of which DDI is being used as the SOI (Sensor of Interest)...true, you do have to wait for warm up to finish before you can slew the TDC cursor, but you could have set either left or right DDI as the SOI and when the warm up is over, you will then be able to slew the cursor...the order of when you set the SOI doesn't matter

Edited by Alphamale