FCS and Carrier Landings...what's the fuss?

AvgWhiteGuy

Can anyone please explain why the FCS page is so important to have displayed during Carrier landings on left (or either) DDI? I see this in various YT tutorials during the cockpit setup phase.

What info is being displayed during this critical and stressful procedure that I need to focus on as opposed to the HSI and HUD.

I've never seen any documentation or somewhat detailed explanation on the FCS so if you're aware of it's existence please point me in that direction.

Thanks,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I think in real life, it will be where any faults will show up. I would guess that a real pilot will check that page if he/she feels anything wrong with the jet :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone please explain why the FCS page is so important to have displayed during Carrier landings on left (or either) DDI? I see this in various YT tutorials during the cockpit setup phase.

What info is being displayed during this critical and stressful procedure that I need to focus on as opposed to the HSI and HUD.

I've never seen any documentation or somewhat detailed explanation on the FCS so if you're aware of it's existence please point me in that direction.

Thanks,

From what i understood by cheking few start-up tutorials, that'S where they see if controls being wiped out correctly on start-up, when they check all stick travels, if rudder goes preperly all right way left and right, ailerons etc with stick forward, aft, left and right, as well as when they press the FCS reset switch/button on the start up procedure, that is where they see all the X being wiped out the screen.

Never used the FCS page during anything other than start up and EPs, at the boat to set TO trim (as others have said) as the button only sets it to 12.

Mover may have different habits/SOPs.

EDIT: and on shutdown to see if you have a switching valve failure as you "pumped" the stick ... no need in the game though.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Find us on Discord. https://discord.gg/td9qeqg