Headphones Razer o Thrustmaster?

Hello everyone, as the title suggests, I want to buy a new pair of headphones for the PC.

I'm undecided between these two:

Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 https://www2.razer.com/it-it/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-71-v2

T.Flight U.S. Air Force Edition Gaming Headset http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-us-air-force-edition

Razer i have keyboard, mouse and speakers, and I find it super good, great!

Of the thrustmaster I own the hotas and I find myself super well, very well: D

There are so many positive reviews on the razer's headphones, but for the U.S. Air Force, there is still nothing ...

Reading the technical specifications seem the same...

What do you recommend?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Wow, 7.1 surround sound with two drivers? Sounds like some wicked sorcery there...

'gaming' headsets are terrible things, you're paying for badge, rgb and outright marketing lies above all else.

I'd get the thrustmaster ones if it's a choice between the two, for simple virtue of flight simmy look coolness.

They're closed cup by the look of it which will be good for blocking out any outdoor noise and consequently any leakage for anyone nearby, *should* technically be good for bass though I haven't checked the specs on that.

Conversely if you want a wider soundstage i.e. a more open surround sound then mayhaps look into some open back Headphones and grab yourself an Antlion to handle the microphone side of things.

Always headphones, get something made for audio, not for 'gaming'... I know it sounds snotty but we're not talking about swinging crystals in front of your amplifiers and breaking in you speakers by playing rainbow noises through it or any other bollocks like that, just get good audio kit if you're looking for good audio kit.

If you want a gimmicky headset cos you're a tone deaf soopah l33t gamer who has no idea wtf 7.1 means and suckered by marketing, sit on your hands and apologise to the air.

If you want a headset that looks like a pilots headset and that helps suck you in more, that I can get on board with.

Edited by Sadist_Cain

I can only say i find my Razor Kraken headphones comfortable , reliable and having good audio . The microphone works very well for VoiceAttack as well . After a year of use , i remain entirely happy with them .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

thanks for the answers. I'm evaluating the Thrustmaster ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I've got the Steel Series 7, Astro A50 and a retired Razer Tiamat 7.1. Razer sound was great but uses jacks and the headband snapped after prolonged usage. Astro A50 is a little disappointing in terms of loudness but they are wireless so good from that point of view. Steel series are solid and give decent sound but as with the A50 could be a little louder.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.