Can't believe I am the only one... F-18 and controls

Guys, I have 2.5 running with the A10c and yesterday I bought the F18. To get an idea of the aircraft I wanted to fly it in "Game" mode. When I did my first take-off I noticed that the "G" (Gear binding) was not working.

After going through some checks I found out (via a search in the Control Options" that the "Sim" mode contained at least 5 lines for input but the "Game" mode did not. In fact it did not show one single one "Gear" entry.

I thought that this was an easy fix - just copy the Sim controls to the "Game" controls and this should be OK! Or?

Unfortunately the Keyboard category did not save... I did not get any warning if this in not and option. And yes: I did save it "Column" wise. The file does not seem to be created. When I checked other aircraft it seemed to behave like this as well.

The strange thing is that Warthog throttle and stick and my Thrustmaster pedals do behave like expected... So - is it even possible to save the "Keyboard.lua"? I tried several locations, different files names etc.

However - my hope was to find it somewhere in a forum which meant that I did not do my homework properly... But it did not! Many posts on Controller Profiles" but not one of them mentioned the saving of the .LUA keyboard file. All posts mention the three exports (rudder, Joystick and Throttle) but nothing on the keyboard.

This might not be a true F18 issue but this is my starting point...

Hopefully someone has heard of this...

I suspect that most people are flying in Sim mode and so have not encountered your bug...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Welcome to the forums ! You might be making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself :)

Forget game mode . The Hornet is very easy to fly .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Okay, I get It!... it took me a bit of time to master the A-10 and thought the game mode was useful. Please forget it, I will switch to "Sim"mode.

But my initial question remains - Can you save the Keyboard settings to a .LUA file? joystick, rudder and throttle work great bu not the keyboard column...

But my initial question remains - Can you save the Keyboard settings to a .LUA file? joystick, rudder and throttle work great bu not the keyboard column...

First, why you cannot define control bindings for game mode:

The "default.lua" under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\keyboard" defines the keyboard commands that are available for Sim. That file also defines default bindings.

Most or all other planes have these files for both game and sim mode. The F/A-18 is still "early access" and does not have any "default.lua" for game mode. That's tantamount to saying that game mode is not (yet) available.

When it becomes available, you will find a "default.lua" under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C_easy\Input\FA-18C\keyboard".

For Sim mode, the keyboard bindings that you entered under Options/Controls are saved in the Profile files (.diff.lua) under "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\keyboard". That's done automatically when you hit "OK" after assigning a binding.

Hope I'm not confusing you. Enjoy Sim mode!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5