Never get the wire Case1

Fonz_408

So I'm having a real problem catching the wire when i do a case 1.. but ive not missed a case III wire yet??? Everything is the same AOA, descent , on speed.. everything but i always miss the wire for case1 first time around.. I can even put cross wind on for a case III and still not problem?? And i would love to watch a reply of my case1 but every time i try the hornet just falls out of the sky in the reply and crashs some way or another.. what is going on????

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Replays are buggy, since forever, especially with wind active.

You may want to try Alerax's LSO 2.2 Script Mission.

Just tune in the correct channel, hit F10 and request "enter pattern".

Now fly the standard CASE I pattern and in the Groove you get voice overs to correct...

Also carefully check you have on-speed AOA and trimmed to 8.0/8.1 on the FCS page.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223672

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Wait - the FCS page can tell you what AoA you are trimmed to? Where on the page is this info presented? I know newer model hornets give it to you on the HUD, but not ours.

Right now I’m just doing 3 seconds of nose up trim to get in the ballpark, then fiddling to perfect the e bracket on downwind. If there’s a more precise method...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Wait - the FCS page can tell you what AoA you are trimmed to? Where on the page is this info presented? I know newer model hornets give it to you on the HUD, but not ours.

Right now I’m just doing 3 seconds of nose up trim to get in the ballpark, then fiddling to perfect the e bracket on downwind. If there’s a more precise method...

I've not seen it there - what you can check is your stab trim, 10/11 is what you'll see when you're on speed (when it's settled, if you're moving around lots it will fluctuate a lot more than that).

I use the FCS to help get me to the 8.0/8.1. But indeed, keeping within the E bracket of the HUD is where I have most of the focus.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Replays are buggy, since forever, especially with wind active.

You may want to try Alerax's LSO 2.2 Script Mission.

Just tune in the correct channel, hit F10 and request "enter pattern".

Now fly the standard CASE I pattern and in the Groove you get voice overs to correct...

Also carefully check you have on-speed AOA and trimmed to 8.0/8.1 on the FCS page.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223672

This sounds good I might give it a go..

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

So I'm having a real problem catching the wire when i do a case 1.. but ive not missed a case III wire yet??? Everything is the same AOA, descent , on speed.. everything but i always miss the wire for case1 first time around.. I can even put cross wind on for a case III and still not problem?? And i would love to watch a reply of my case1 but every time i try the hornet just falls out of the sky in the reply and crashs some way or another.. what is going on????

Are you flaring it off by the way?

For me the key was to trim 8.1 way before the 90° and then trust the ball.

Better a little high, than low. One light above the green. Then fly the approach down to the deck, as if you want to pass right through it.

Do not flare or try to smooth the approach, just fly the ball, all the way down to the deck.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For the FCS page there are numbers at the bottom of the page. The numbers are not in boxes, just at the bottom. On the image below you see L 5.1 and R 5.1. That is your trim you want to have at 8.1 when you are on a 3 degree decent.

attachment.php?attachmentid=198745&stc=1&d=1543261071

E60D65B8-4216-4541-8B74-89699509E525.thumb.png.3179d8a06e35c0f3ffecd5814adc7898.png

Edited by Kazius

Can anyone tell me where to find the details of what is on the FCS page and how to use it? I've asked about why it it so important on Carriers landings, or any time after initial takeoff, and can't seem to get an answer.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

There lots of stuff on it that i dont understand but more or less it lets you know your trim setting for landing.

In other news ive think ive got my case1 nutted now :thumbup::smartass: 7 out of 7 wires today.. the problem was i was coming in just alittle to high and the hook was missing the wire.. I'm now getting the 2nd or 3rd wire now :joystick:

Edited by Fonz_408

@Fonz 408....everyone is talking about AOA, trim, E-Bracket, etc...but that doesn't seem to address what YOU have said; You're able to do Case III without significant issues but you're having difficulties with Case I.

I suspect it has more to do with peripheral issues like....the onslaught of sensory information coming thru your peripheral vision. Flying Case I presents a ton of sensory information that our minds need to compartmentalize whereas Case III has a lot less and allows us to focus more even though it's more difficult and intimidating.

In my initial experience in learning the landing technique (AOA, trim..all that stuff above) I found that land-based night approaches and landings actually made it easier because there wasn't all that peripheral sensory clutter providing millisecond distractions from the task at hand. Does this make sense to you?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@Skwinty....thanks, this must be the Bible and required reading...

Indeed. Check fig 2.16 and the preceding text for FCS page explanation.

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

@Fonz 408....everyone is talking about AOA, trim, E-Bracket, etc...but that doesn't seem to address what YOU have said; You're able to do Case III without significant issues but you're having difficulties with Case I.

I suspect it has more to do with peripheral issues like....the onslaught of sensory information coming thru your peripheral vision. Flying Case I presents a ton of sensory information that our minds need to compartmentalize whereas Case III has a lot less and allows us to focus more even though it's more difficult and intimidating.

In my initial experience in learning the landing technique (AOA, trim..all that stuff above) I found that land-based night approaches and landings actually made it easier because there wasn't all that peripheral sensory clutter providing millisecond distractions from the task at hand. Does this make sense to you?

Yes it makes prefect cents mate :thumbup: