Would you fly Civilian/military cargo plane in DCS? Adapting the C-130...

Frag

I totally agree that an E-2B Hawkeye with a simulated radar but with a full fidelity flight model would still be very popular until they can get an accurate radar done. But I rather they do the C-2 Grayhound first because it could be fully simulated and open the door to cargo transport missions in DCS. And since the C-2 shares the same engines and wings with the E-2 a good amount of the work will already be done when they go to start development on the E-2.

C2%20and%20E2%20on%20flight%20deck%20with%20logo.png

It would definitely be a first day purchase for me

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

That is very interesting that the C-130 is now going to be officially entering firefighting service since it is very well suited for the job.

I had actually started a thread a while ago to get some firefighting assets and equipment to turn some of the aircraft already in DCS into firefighting models like the Huey.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219209

would buy a herc or hawkeye in a second

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

I'd maybe be interested in something like the AC-130U, but only if it was possible to man all the important stations: pilot, copilot, navigator, fire control and maybe the EW station. The rest of the crew can be AI. But unless we get the above and the four engine thing to work, I don't see the point in developing something watered down. I guess pilot and fire control officer would be the bare minimum for a playable module, but it'd be a shame not to have the other positions.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Any cargo aircraft would be much appreciated, but nothing could beat a C-2/E-2 combo. Would be awesome though to have something like the C-130 which is capable of airdropping both infantry, vehicles and supplies.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that the development of a C-130 is more complex to develop than a UH-1H or MI-8, in terms of management of the different cockpits or gunner to manage (in the case of an AC -130) also as in the management of flight equipment (nav, ...). The main limitation is related to the management of 4 engines (which seems to be a limit in the DCS engine).

A C-130 can also perform short takeoffs (supported by takeoff rockets), as well as a wide variety of missions that would make sense in the context of dynamic campaigns.

The dynamic campaign combined with the improvement of ATC would be a prerequisite for the integration of this type of aircraft in DCS.

I would fly any and all (Western) cargo aircraft (English reading cockpit) anywhere in DCS. Any time. For any reason. Fixed wing or rotary ones. Just get me to the tarmac where one sits waiting for me!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

A c-130 , a v-22 or an an-2 would be the absolute bees knees.

An ac130? Meh, not so much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Cargo transports?

Nothing says "Fun!" like sitting in front of your computer watching a couple gauges, flying in a straight line with your hands off the controls for 8 hours.

Anyway, Eagle Dynamics could probably release a high-fidelity module of a Cessna 150 that's missing half of its control surfaces and only runs on 3 cylinders, and somebody out there would love it :D

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Cargo transports?

Nothing says "Fun!" like sitting in front of your computer watching a couple gauges, flying in a straight line with your hands off the controls for 8 hours.

Anyway, Eagle Dynamics could probably release a high-fidelity module of a Cessna 150 that's missing half of its control surfaces and only runs on 3 cylinders, and somebody out there would love it :D

AD

Oh, I concur. 8 hour cargo runs would be tedious. Good thing we don't have the maps for that.

However, combat drops, paratroop missions, slightly unrealistic but feasible cargo runs through/edging danger zones to friendly fields/locations etc...

All totally doable on current maps and potentially fun.

Tying it into multi, like the RvB servers, and have it actively influence the warehouse system currently available in DCS would definitely result in people having to fly transports through combat zones.

Smithsonian Channel, Air Warriors, Season 3 Episode 1, C-17

Approximately 4:30 into the episode, a USAF Major, and former C-17 pilot states that on a typical day during Operation Iraqi Freedom, due to the threat of IEDs, they would fly troops, equipment, and supplies from airfields in the north, to airfields in the south. Average flight time, 7 minutes.

So, is it possible in DCS? Absolutely. Also interesting enough, the C-17 is one of the only, if not THE only USAF heavy cargo transporter with a control stick of a fighter, and modern HUD.

Of all the possible cargo planes, the C-17 is the one I most desire.

A lot of helicopters are deployed near combat zones with C-17s.

Check out this video to see just how capable the C-17 is at deploying helicopter assets to austere locations. I can totally see missions with C-17's being part of the equation for attack helicopters to make it to their targets.

AH-64-Apache-offloading-C-17.jpg

Edited by Evoman

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2018 at 1:12 AM, Snuffy said:

130 is a bit too late for my tastes.

Now if you can make it C-47 … I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. 🙂

Do you think it's to modern platform? The recent stop in developing of the Anubis MOD let me still hope for a chance to see the C-130 😄

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!