Howdy y'all

Capn Penguin

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm a crusty old guy, 51 years old, who has flown flights sims as far back as the original MSFS and I flew and CMed in Warbirds for almost 13 years. I've been away from sims for a few years based on medical challenges and real life stuff. Honestly I thought simming was dead then one day I saw a You tube video from the Reapers and was hooked. I recently ordered a new rig for the sole purpose of DCS; i9-9900, 1080ti 11gig, Rift, 32 gig ram and I grabbed the TM16000 set with the pedals.

I downloaded the Persian terrain, A-10C, FC3, several campaigns and the voice attack software. Oh and I'm thinking about the Huey.

Now I am reaching out to the community to see if there is a group that would be willing to let a frumpy old man tag along. I always enjoyed the social aspect of flying together in Warbirds and though I will likely dig more holes than win flying crosses, I will give it my all and laugh regardless of how pitiful my aged skills may be. I spend time at work in the evenings but will be flying typically from 800 - 1400 cst and the weekends.

So just think, for the bargain basement price of zero dollars and zero cents, someone can add an asset to their group that is guaranteed to make their flying seem so much better. I'll be like the ugly guy you hung out with in High School to make yourself look studlier. and we all know chicks dig studlier*.

Tally ho: Lawndart out.

* The editor of this post apologizes for the use of the word "Chicks" it is not meant in an offensive manner it's more of a reflection of the poster being stuck in the 70's. We regret this leading any of you to begin humming Bee Gees or Dona Summer songs.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No !!! Not the Bee Gees ! Anywayz , welcome to the forums :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks Jester. I'll give it a looksie when I get home and would love to tag along.

Please don't get me wrong. I do take the flying seriously over the 4 day turkey break I logged just over 34 hours learning the F-18, SU-27 and a dabbling of the A-10. My reflexes just aren't what they used to be. My noggin is still good though.

Thank you again.

See ya in the funnies: Lawndart

Cap'n Penguin

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello and welcome to the community!

As another player who started relatively recently, I thought I would chime in and offer my $0.02

I have found that one of the best places to find people who are playing as a group consistently are some of the "dynamic campaign" style multiplayer servers. They usually operate as if a real-time war is going on 24/7, and players often work together either in small informal groups as they happen upon eachother in-game or as large planned groups to carry out specific missions. For me, personally, this type of gameplay is my absolute favorite because it gives some sense of purpose to flying.

The groups that I've found that do this type of thing are:

Dynamic DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Georgia at War: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Georgia_At_War

Blue Flag: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Fly safe!

.... over the 4 day turkey break I logged just over 34 hours learning the F-18' date=' SU-27 and a dabbling of the A-10....[/quote']

Now that's the spirit! :thumbup:

Welcome!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm pretty good with the A-10 (It's my favorite if the picture didn't give it away) if you need any help learning the aircraft shoot me a message here or on Steam, my Steam name is Breedus, my picture is a lovely slab of paduk. I'd be more than happy to give you some one on one teachin.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Top-o-the-morning,

Thank y'all for the welcome. My desk arrived yesterday and as soon as I have it all set up and everything put back together I will take you up on those Hawg lessons Braeden.

Jester I will submit an application today....

Uberick, great info and I shall look for one of the dynamic servers Saturday morning

Muchas Gracias to all. Lawndart

p.s. Yes the Bee Gees Svsmokey. I can't stand 'em but I've been hummin' "stayin' alive" for 40 years. I blame my wife.

Clear skies and a target rich environment to all.

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...