My YouTube Channel

G B

I'm sorry but I'm still not buying it. He ran it up the flagpole, if you've been in you know what that means. There is more here than meets the eye but then that's usually the case. I'm not calling the OP out, he had his reasons and I respect them if for no other reason than because I must. They are not however what some of you are saying. The services love their adverts, don't forget that it wasn't that long ago (pre Top Gun) they were struggling to get as many pilot recruits as they wanted. Again, unless something has changed very, very, very much since I served, the services love looking good and these videos made them look good. But he's taken down his channel and I've little doubt it was without cause. I promise you it's not because classified info is flowing into the hands of the enemy. It also wasn't because the brass thought classified info was was flowing into the hands of the enemy. Nor was it because they hate looking good. Think about it...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I'm still not buying it. He ran it up the flagpole, if you've been in you know what that means. There is more here than meets the eye but then that's usually the case. I'm not calling the OP out, he had his reasons and I respect them if for no other reason than because I must. They are not however what some of you are saying. The services love their adverts, don't forget that it wasn't that long ago (pre Top Gun) they were struggling to get as many pilot recruits as they wanted. Again, unless something has changed very, very, very much since I served, the services love looking good and these videos made them look good. But he's taken down his channel and I've little doubt it was without cause. I promise you it's not because classified info is flowing into the hands of the enemy. It also wasn't because the brass thought classified info was was flowing into the hands of the enemy. Nor was it because they hate looking good. Think about it...

Ahh, here's comes the edgelord who can see the reeeeal truth that no one else can. :doh:

No need to apologise, literally NO ONE cares whether you buy it or not. Obviously you haven't made the effort to read any of the previous comments, where multiple posters have explained very well why OP or anyone in a similar situation would rather not go through the trouble of an unwarranted investigation and the potential risks it entails, however minuscule, DESPITE having followed every rule in the book.

he had his reasons...They are not however what some of you are saying.

Right. Because you know in detail what qualifies as OPSEC, falls under each Security Clearance classification, and have a thorough understanding of the UCMJ and its protocols...right?

Think about it...

Kthanxbye.

Not enough eye rolling and head shaking in the world.....:doh:

Sorry to hear that the trolls got stuck in. Take comfort in the fact that you got to actually fly Hornets off the deck of a carrier whilst they can only take comfort in flying their almighty keyboards.

Really loved the videos I got to watch, little bit annoyed about the ones that were on my watch later list. All the best and thanks for the insight that you provided into a life most of us will never experience. :thumbup:

That must be one comfortable armchair you're sitting in...

Damn, I just noticed this and it's a real pity (although understandable) that you had to go that far and take the channel down. :(

I'm glad I found your channel quite a while ago (I think it just had about 200 subscribers at that time) and was able to enjoy your footage, because it was awesome! Besides playing flight sims like DCS, watching your videos is as close as someone who is not an aviator can get to being one, thanks to the POV perspective. I also enjoyed seeing all the procedures, from pre-flight-checks, over startup and taxiing (especially on a carrier!) to takeoff.

So thanks for sharing these experiences with us in such a cool way! I'm glad I was early enough to enjoy them :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That must be one comfortable armchair you're sitting in...

… and how do you know what crab's butt is strapped to?

Crab, back "in line" :megalol:

Speaking about these videos. I've seen some of them while back. Great footage! They almost look custom made for hard core simmers who crave to see all the procedural and routine "stuff"

The carrier ops in detail:thumbup:

This is a real disappointment. I never considered downloading these videos because someone would threaten OP with an investigation. Of course, in war the DF-26 missile would not care about routine launch and recovery operation "secrets". I worked with defense people for many years and it is easy to get paranoid in the industry, thinking that every piece of info can be used by the enemy to inflict damage. But most of the time, like in this case, it was paranoia and people trying to exert power.

That's unfortunate. I chalk it up to the "Dunning Kruger effect". For those that don't know what it is, it's a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

I don't know what it is about aviation, but there's a lot of people not involved in it, that think they know more than actual pilots. It's quite bizarre really.

Greg, since it was approved for you to post that footage, I still don't understand why you removed it.

How could your CO or JAG punish you for this? Personally, I wouldn't let "know it alls" on the internet terrorize your life.

Why should all the other military pilots get to post their videos on the internet, but you can't?

Specific threats were made that these people would be contacting specific authorities. Even though things were approved at the time, if somebody were to contact an investigator (that doesn’t know me, my CO, my CAG, or about aviation) saying something improper is on the Internet, he will look into it. That will be a massive headache.

I totally understand Greg’s decision to remove his channel although it’s bad news for all of us that just lost the best source of F/A-18 videos.

His popularity had exploded too so it’s a shame as he may have been starting to see some reward for his work/generosity.

I can also vouch for the threats, I get all sorts of abusive and threatening messages in YouTube comments but my filters catch them and I just delete them.

One guy was claiming that my wearing a flight suit with patches was “stolen valor” and that he had reported me and soon my channel would be removed. Am still excitedly waiting to hear more about this as it gave me a good chuckle.

I traced one negative guy back to a DCS squadron that’s flown on our PLAT videos so a quick word to his CO sorted that :D

I’m not an important guy like Greg though so don’t have a lot to lose if someone wants to ask me about my geeky channel :).

But overwhelming people are mostly positive and nice. It was surprising to me how good people are. I think Nine-Line has done a great job turning the community around and now it seems the bad eggs are in the minority.

But as we can see it only takes one or two bad eggs to ruin something great for the rest of us.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

.... I think Nine-Line has done a great job turning the community around and now it seems the bad eggs are in the minority.

But as we can see it only takes one or two bad eggs to ruin something great for the rest of us.

Indeed, Nine-Line does a heck of a job trying to herd the cats. :thumbup:

@Greg - would really be appreciated if you continue to post and share here within the community. Love to have you continuing to share your real world insight. :pilotfly:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I can relate. I've shot thousands of images of military aircraft both off base and on base (with the PAO standing right next to me at the time) and inevitably, someone will pipe up saying "You shouldn't post that! You're releasing information you shouldn't release! You're endangering the mission!" And my personal favorite "Hey man, photographing aircraft is illegal!"

It is to weep...

(I even had someone tell me that they think DCS is a way for our enemies to learn the secrets of our aircraft)

Head -> Wall

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I can relate. I've shot thousands of images of military aircraft both off base and on base (with the PAO standing right next to me at the time) and inevitably, someone will pipe up saying "You shouldn't post that! You're releasing information you shouldn't release! You're endangering the mission!" And my personal favorite "Hey man, photographing aircraft is illegal!"

It is to weep...

(I even had someone tell me that they think DCS is a way for our enemies to learn the secrets of our aircraft)

Head -> Wall

Yep, it’s never hard to remember that most people are stupid.

It is an honor to have real pilots in the community. It is you who can say what we do wrong, and not the other way around. All my support and recognition. That you take us seriously and treat us like friends, when you are a true pilot and we are simple amateurs, you become an exceptional man.

Exactly.

Damn, I knew I should have recorded/backed up those videos--I didn't have the time to watch all of them yet and was worried something like this will happen.

I'm honestly starting to get tired of all the idiots ruining good things for the rest of us.

You should be glad you're just tired. I'm damn pissed off with their type..:furious:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

It is an honor to have real pilots in the community. It is you who can say what we do wrong, and not the other way around. All my support and recognition. That you take us seriously and treat us like friends, when you are a true pilot and we are simple amateurs, you become an exceptional man.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I don't think the bloke needs to explain himself anymore, it's his thread, and his decisions should be respected.

There's too many chairborne commandos and fighter pilots these days on such forums, and they cause more harm to the community than they realise, small minded people, that are VERY jealous of other peoples popularity.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Greg,

I hope you have seen how incredibly valuable and meaningful to all of us your efforts are. What breaks my heart the most, is the very thing you and the rest of our service men and women are fighting for seems to be at the root of this. Freedom... freedom to share your passion and knowledge of aviation. Freedom to give us just a glimpse of what it means to experience such a thrill and rush that you get to live every time you go up there. It's truly heartbreaking to me.

I always dreamed as a boy of becoming a fighter pilot. I dreamed of what it must be like to travel to what must feel like the heavens. To be so close to it you almost feel like you could touch it. Your videos and the few other pilots like yourself who provide that perspective should be praised by those who will never get the chance to experience that. I'm so sorry, that the very people you and many others have sworn to protect, can't appreciate the opportunity you provided for them. I hope a time comes where you reconsider and return to YouTube. Submit your videos to anyone one of us and we'll "anonymously" ;) post them for you! As, Maverick said, your videos were truly valuable. I grabbed a couple myself. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Yep, it’s never hard to remember that most people are stupid.

Heh And they happily reminds us if we forget ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]