What can the F/A-18 do that is feature-complete?

Jamesp1

I have the F/A-18 but haven't played with it much as I'm not a fan of working around things missing from early-access.

Now it's been out for a while I thought I might start learning it...

What missions/roles/navigation/ordnance can it perform where all of the features exist?

Thanks

I have the F/A-18 but haven't played with it much as I'm not a fan of working around things missing from early-access.

Now it's been out for a while I thought I might start learning it...

What missions/roles/navigation/ordnance can it perform where all of the features exist?

Thanks

To be absolutely honest....none. There's missing stuff from almost all systems, from navigation to targeting to weapon fuses....

That said, it's still quite fun if you look past some of this.

Well, you can ramp start, take off, blow sh*t up, shoot sh*t down, fly in formation, land on the boat, land on the tarmac, refuel with a tanker...so yeah...definatelly a lot of fun things to do, even while in Beta... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

CCIP bombing is pretty good, and locking targets with 9x is pretty good...

(any other software company would call this an Alpha, not Beta)

DCS World has a beta branch. The Hornet is still in early access stage.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

(any other software company would call this an Alpha, not Beta)

I hear what your saying.

My understanding of Alpha/Beta is:

Alpha: Not feature complete, has bugs

Beta: Feature complete, has bugs

Some DCS products can be out of EA, more or less bug free, yet not feature complete. Nature of the beast.

ED changed the naming convention from Alpha/Beta to Early Access, as Early Access covers the different stages of development more fluidly...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Jeez this thread got hijacked quickly.

She is a multirole, once she is complete she can do anything within your imagination.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Um lets see:

Take off and land from a carrier

Perform:

close air support with or without a JTAC/AFAC

combat air patrol/fighter sweep missions

SEAD if you like to live dangerously with AGM-65D/G/F

Anti-shipping strike with choice of dumb bombs or AGM-65 (not recommended against warships)

Strike with dumb bombs or GBU-series with another platform lasing

Other than the AIM-7/120, not many stand off weaponry available yet

Getting good at "proper" Case 1 will keep you busy for a bit...

Getting ready for Case 1 Landings

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Aside from the basic flight ops like everyone else has mentioned, I think in terms of combat capability, it is pretty well complete in WVR/BFM combat. Radar ACM modes and JHMCS, combined with AIM-9X, mean there isn’t really anything else to add for close-in dogfighting.

Sure, some minor bugs exist with the radar gunsight in multiplayer and some of the ACM modes, but’s it’s very complete and playable. We have a lot of fun in 1v1 BFM on my server.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Um lets see:

Take off and land from a carrier

Perform:

close air support with or without a JTAC/AFAC

combat air patrol/fighter sweep missions

SEAD if you like to live dangerously with AGM-65D/G/F

Anti-shipping strike with choice of dumb bombs or AGM-65 (not recommended against warships)

Strike with dumb bombs or GBU-series with another platform lasing

Other than the AIM-7/120, not many stand off weaponry available yet

How do you get GBU's to work? they are not even in my loadout list.

EDIT: nevermind, just saw they been added recently

What can the F/A-18 do that is feature-complete?

I found that out the hard way. Wasted an evening going over and over figuring out why they would not guide to laser spot. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer