Impressed with Virpil products

Ala12Rv-Tundra

Hi all,

Im a happy owner of a Virpil desk joystick mount and T-50 base. I bought the mount several months ago, and finally 2 weeks ago I was able to buy a second hand T-50 base. I was very happy with my Warthog base, but Virpil is one step further. I absolute love it.

Right now Im using the Warthog joy, with no extension. If everything goes fine, I will buy a T-50 grip before summer.

So that´s it, just a thread to thank Virpil for the outcome of its products.

See you flying :joystick:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

They are indeed sweet, the warthog grip is in my guess the better part of the warthog set.

But I can mostly just guess, the biggest difference between the two grips is that the T-50 has the analog brake lever.

It's also slightly larger, which is not a problem for me, but I use 10-10.5 size in gloves..

I can also say they really don't disappoint with the throttle as well.

Especially lately, where I have been trying my hand at the p-51.

The on grip scroll wheel is perfect for converging the guns on the fly.

And a dial is perfect for the spread.

The same scroll wheel is also the perfect axis for the nozzles on the Harrier, I no longer feel like I need a third arm to fly it :)

Even as a helicopter collective it's even more precise than the warthog throttle, even though it has a shorter throw.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I am a proud owner of a complete Virpil HOTAS since yesterday... I am still having some issues, this isnt a Plug and Play device... But after overcoming the most severe ones (had to reverse throttle axis in-game --- no idea why - and Virpils config Software still gives me very weird values for the left throttle only) I mounted the throttle crudely next to my desk in a still less than ideal position. Joystick with Base between my legs and off we go... Yet I managed to fly the beloved F-5E successful for a few times:

Absolutely AMAZING!! So much more precise to fly compared to the T-flight X... I cant believe I waited 2 1/2 years since I got started with DCS to make this investment!! My first strafing run killed several Trucks in a row with heavy turbulence and crosswind... I hardly ever managed that under these conditions! I am flying the Jet with 2 fingers mostly -- its an absolute joy to have this level of precision!! And I dont even have my rudder pedals yet!!

To summarize: for anyone getting seriously into DCS, after TrackIR, getting a high end HOTAS is the second most important investment. Dont wait for it, your flying becomes so much better and more enjoyable in an Instant!!

Edited by Flashman_H

Yes software is kind of counterintuitive.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I take it like a rite of passage to enjoy their products :lol:

20181114_111350.thumb.jpg.25e5053a05cb9272c1138a37687c23fd.jpg

20181114_131230.thumb.jpg.76bb7857b1dfd958d317de87eb27e48d.jpg

Indeed! I'm really enjoying the WarBRD base with my TM grip. I'm really impressed at how much better the Virpil base is versus the "stock" TM base.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Indeed! I'm really enjoying the WarBRD base with my TM grip. I'm really impressed at how much better the Virpil base is versus the "stock" TM base.

+1:thumbup:

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Yes software is kind of counterintuitive.

Software is by far the only weak link in the VPC system. Luckily, we probably won't have to spend more than 10-20 minutes performing that process over the lifetime of our VPC products, but it really is a disappointment, and there is very little documentation that truly covers what's going on. I hope this can, in time, be improved to be a little more intuitive.

Otherwise, the hardware is magic, and I'll take the slight inconvenience of the software to have the privilege to use the great hardware :thumbup:

Z...

Hi all,

Im a happy owner of a Virpil desk joystick mount and T-50 base. I bought the mount several months ago, and finally 2 weeks ago I was able to buy a second hand T-50 base. I was very happy with my Warthog base, but Virpil is one step further. I absolute love it.

Right now Im using the Warthog joy, with no extension. If everything goes fine, I will buy a T-50 grip before summer.

So that´s it, just a thread to thank Virpil for the outcome of its products.

See you flying :joystick:

I'm using a TM stick on a virpil base, and I would never replace hog with their stick. I think it is the best combo. TM stick feels like a real gun. It is metal, the buttons are tight and require some force. You may want to think twice before buying a plastic one from Virpil.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I'm using a TM stick on a virpil base, and I would never replace hog with their stick. I think it is the best combo. TM stick feels like a real gun. It is metal, the buttons are tight and require some force. You may want to think twice before buying a plastic one from Virpil.

:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Same here. The TM-WH grip is excellent and it works perfectly in the VPC base. The only time I use the VPC grip is when I fly the Spit or the Mig-21, and that's because they are difficult to handle on the ground if you don't have the analog brake lever.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Same here: TM Stick on a WarBRD Base. The best combination i have ever had. Extremely precise with the perfect centering force.

Together with the TM Throttle and Crosswind Pedals really perfect.

I couldn't say it any better M8! :thumbup:

Just got a WarBRD gimbal on addition to my other MT-50 and T50 throttle.

And I must say, two thumbs up, way up.

Software is of course the same, but I'm starting to feel rather confident with it at this point.

Just as sturdy as the old, just as precise as the old, with a 5cm extension.

The main difference comes when tweaking, yes it's missing the adjustable spring mechanism but I'm so far not missing that.

But switching cams, which on the old was a bit of a cumbersome affair is on the WarBRD a breeze.

Yes you need tools, but you really should own tools :)

Currently setup for a space HOSAS with mongoose on the right, and BRD and delta on the left.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.