** UPDATE: Ground Radar 2.0 & Multiplayer Flight Planning **

Cobra847

I don't even own the viggen, but this is freakin' awesome.

You guys rock !

This might be a good reason to change that!

I am just speech less on how good Heatblur is when having 2 planes in the works! One even beign the F-14!

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

Thank you very much Heatblur. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Just one word:

WHEN????

See post 1

We’re looking forward to launching this new version of our ground mapping radar into the Viggen next month!

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our main goals with the Heatblur ground radar 2.0 were to:

• Enhance detail and performance of the dedicated raycaster.
  • Make buildings, cities, objects, bridges and other terrain structures/features reflect the radar and be visible.
  • Make civilian traffic visible.
  • Sub-grid terrain type raycasting to accurately depict Runways and other smaller terrain features.
  • New terrain reflectance model and values for terrain types.
  • New slope reflectivity model.
  • Enhance accuracy of the raycaster & interpolator, especially at long distance.

Dear Cobra ... I'm not complaining, In fact I love the attention being given to the Viggen ..

However, I do have a question: are this radar improvements realistic?

I mean, will the simulated radar give us a radar image close to that of the real aircraft? ... or will it be better and clearer than the real aircraft? Can the real radar detect civilian traffic?

Thanks a lot,

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Awesome.....the best thing about that is that sunday i bought the Viggen and still I didn’t fly it as i am far from home ( from Monday to friday)... now i have to plan my Viggen training seriously as probably it is the best module around here (well the Hornet will remain my first love probably)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Holy cow... looks like I’m going to have to re learn how to fly the Viggen then!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I am amazed at what the Viggen can do!

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

Its not only that the Viggen now has a better radar implementation.

It is about the fact that HB is really taking care of this wonderful beast.

I love it (always did):wub:

And I support it (always did).

And ... OK, I bought the F-14 a few weeks ago ... OkOk ... :smartass:

GREAT WORK GUYS !!!

P.S.:

Now the pro's at HB maybe find a second (or two) to take care for the Euler thingiee regarding the flighmodel, where the aircraft does some strange things when going through 90° and 270° of flight path angles ... just saying ... ;)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Looks great !!

Don't beat me up, but when it comes to A2A any chance we will be able to see dots in the sky :)

Yes I'm well aware the Viggen is a low-level A2G jet but its classification is a strike fighter with multi-role capabilities that includes Air to Air combat. Just curious ...

Looks great !!

Don't beat me up, but when it comes to A2A any chance we will be able to see dots in the sky :)

Yes I'm well aware the Viggen is a low-level A2G jet but its classification is a strike fighter with multi-role capabilities that includes Air to Air combat. Just curious ...

maybe, who knows ... maybe we sometimes get the JA version .... just dreaming ... :)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1