** UPDATE: Ground Radar 2.0 & Multiplayer Flight Planning **

Cobra847

I might have missed this but does anyone know what type of waypoint we can set in the F10 map and put on the data card? Like can we set BX codes?

Yep, you can set the whole lot. I've done a few with B1, M2, Bx6, Bx7, Bx8, Bx9, B3, B4 - all worked perfectly!

I'd been avoiding the Viggen as it all looked thoroughly complicated, but with this new planning addition I spent the weekend learning how to blow carriers up with the RB-15 and caused chaos in MP as a result :D

Another radar video

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

does the video bar line really look like a rectangle in the real Viggen?

I could be way wrong here, so please correct me if so, but it seems like a Viggen military simulator from the early 1970s might have used a flipping rectangle atop a moving map or something(to simulate a radar screen). And maybe Heatblur is using the military simulator footage to detail their own simulator.

Like I said I could be completely wrong. I just think the rectangle at the bottom of the radar beam looks out of place, and I can't think of why it be squared off there.

You mean that thing which sweeps left/right when it scans? Also found it strange from the beginning, especially how it "jumps" when it changes direction. I'd rather imagine it to be formed like a really slim slice of cake, most intense at the "front" side (where it is sweeping to) and fading at the "back side", narrowing down close to ownship and being broadest at the very top of the screen.

But after reading this and looking for the video (I linked the pic with it in the quote)...

Re the rectangle and tail;

the Viggen radar seemed to have a rectangular scanline, yes - and it does not actually have a tail at all.

That said, the recently refreshed pixels are slightly brighter and decay.

I think we're reasonably close as-is, apart from the green-tone colour which has changed with the new tonemapper and will be adjusted:

... this seems to be spot on twilightsmile.png

Gotta love HB for the level of detail, they never fail to impress me fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

When is the next stable update btw? There's a looong list of Viggen stuff I can't wait to get my hands on :joystick:

Probably next week.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The new ground radar is supposed to be included in todays update:

DCS AJS37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fix to pop-up point not switching over.
  • Fixed sun halo on canopy glass.
  • Added scratches to canopy glass.
  • Fixed oval shaped afterburner.
  • Greatly improved radar where more objects is visible and differentiates better between different terrain types.
  • Auto generated attack missions should now default to a ingress/egress angle 45 degree off instead of straight when no suitable terrain-masked ingress/egress is found.
  • Fix to TERRNAV not fixing.

If that's true, then "available next month" was much quicker than I thought :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wow! Lets hope radar 2.0 made it into the update. Anyone that can confirm?

No update so far.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

The update is available now. Can anyone confirm that the new radar model is included?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Radar update is in :thumbup:. Just a quick check before dinner, using the instant action Rocket Attack.

Can see the Enguri river, the bridge and the units about to cross it, in the waypoint circle.

Closer to the plane, the faint bright lines are the small rivers, and I believe that dark dot there just on my nose, is a railroad bridge. This was in LIN with adjusted gain.

Didnt notice or check for performance change, but Ill fly a lot more tonight.

Screen_181205_172714.thumb.png.0de201d91da2939c20b4b0882e66ddd6.png

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The version that shipped today has poor performance in the 120km mode per our benchmarks.

Please report if you also see reduced performance in the lower range modes however.

We've fixed the 120km issue and that fix should be available on the next patch.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Very happy to see that you guys realized the potential of the F10 marks for the waypoints :)

Any plans to expand this to let's say ELINT data like we discussed here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3528407#post3528407

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

The version that shipped today has poor performance in the 120km mode per our benchmarks.

Please report if you also see reduced performance in the lower range modes however.

We've fixed the 120km issue and that fix should be available on the next patch.

That's good to know, thanks!

Tornado3 small.jpg