2- GBU-10/12/16

3- HARM

4- A/A Waypoint and BRA data

5- Further radar, AGM-65F, and JHMCS debugging

6- DUD cue logic

7- FLIR renderer

8- A/G radar renderer

9- Various systems debugging

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but the absence of LTWS which was mentioned up until now is specifically noticeable, whereas the FLIR and A/G radar is new. Does this mean it's finished, delayed or something else?

Finishing the Air to Air radar features are especially important for Hornet's finding it's way to being useful in delivering the AIM-120. If TWS is cued behind these huge objectives, we have neither a good fighter or a good air to ground platform. Instead we have currently a Fox1 radar ability, and Mavericks on top of dumb bombs.

Again, trying to be constructive in my concern, please don't misconstrue my tone.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I wouldn't necessarily read this as a list that will be completed in order or that everything on this list will be completed before anything else is delivered.

I have a feeling what's being listed there are developers' current work streams. It matches what Wags said at the end of October - e.g. The guy doing FPAS would do datalink next, the guy doing JHMCS would do HARM next, and I guess the Maverick guy is now doing LGBs. I suspect that the guy doing the AA waypoint and BRA data is the radar guy that has LTWS up next.

Edited by backspace340

I fully agree with OP. And again, I am not complaining. Wags communication has been outstanding and it is fully understood that ED should be the master on what gets priority with regards to their ressources, interdependencies etc...

I just would like to see the current/plan status of the TWS.

I started a thread about that yesterday, it was kicked to the wishlist :huh:

I completely agree with you, but I think its also a matter of preference. If you do not care for A/A then you want to see them doing some PGM's, HARMS etc. If you do not care for A/G, then you want to see them do LTWS, Datalink and SA first. Essentially Hornet customers are split that way 50/50, so its a matter of throwing bones to both of them every once and a while to keep them quiet and to keep them from ranting on the forums.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

this list would make hornet almost complete. why are you complaining? he says "further radar" and also he said ltws is being worked

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I´m so curious on what we get on Wednesday. The training videos, but I hope for some more bugfixes for the IR Mavs.

In regards to IR Mavs, it will be more than bug fixes...it will hopefully be actually implementing the correct version of the AGM-65 that the Hornet carried which is the F. The Hornet did not carry the D or G which is what we currently have in DCS. In the end, the only two versions of the AGM-65 that the Hornet will carry is the E and F.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The last mention of LTWS that I can find is in the 10/18/2018 Hornet Mini-Update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3661070&postcount=80

"3- A/A radar antenna. When complete, then LTWS."

I don't know exactly what radar antenna means in this context but maybe the mention of further radar debugging in the latest mini-update refers to this radar antenna as well and is needed to be complete before LTWS.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Pity that LTWS is low prio but choices had to be made and they can't satisfy everyone. I'll be patiently waiting :)

If everyone in this thread wanting TWS /LTWS if you go look at the poll sticky in here you will see why they are working on the things they are , it isn't split 50/50 AA/AG its more like a 30/70 everyone wants A/G for the hornet first then AA. The hornet can protect itself pretty good as we speak , enough to do a strike but it doesn't do air to ground very well still , You shouldn't really be doing CAS with it,it should strike high value tgts and go home . The 120 also flys just fine in stt , you can break lock and it still tracks on to tgt after pitbull so the comment someone made about it being fox 1s makes no sense. Just what I see anyway, the hornet for me is what I wanna fly to go and blow up some ground targets without having to rely on the 2 f-15s on you rwr for cap but actually they didn't even load anything up and are practicing formation flying in a combat server, might as well point your a-10 into a mountain.

I'm pretty sure from Wags poll that priority of the users was more in AG direction (Harm, AG radar, FLIR…). So don't be suprised, you may be disappointed but thats what the community wanted.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Compared to these. I am more worried about the F/A18C Lot20 simulated by ED. Is its radar the first stage of AN/APG73? Or the second stage? If the AN/APG73 is in the first stage, its accuracy can not even provide guidance for JDAM and JSOW, and its resolution will be very low. If the AN/APG73 of the second stage is used, the target can be attacked directly with JDAM and JSOW, instead of pointing the view of the pod to the target.

Compared to these. I am more worried about the F/A18C Lot20 simulated by ED. Is its radar the first stage of AN/APG73? Or the second stage? If the AN/APG73 is in the first stage, its accuracy can not even provide guidance for JDAM and JSOW, and its resolution will be very low. If the AN/APG73 of the second stage is used, the target can be attacked directly with JDAM and JSOW, instead of pointing the view of the pod to the target.

... what? The A/G radar will be able to provide targeting information for the JDAM/JSOW just fine. Whats with all the hand-wringing worrying?