What we are primarily working on

Pikey

... what? The A/G radar will be able to provide targeting information for the JDAM/JSOW just fine. Whats with all the hand-wringing worrying?

No, no, no, No. My friends also love DCS. Last night they discussed F/A18 and JF17. The SAR function of AG radar is discussed. In the first stage of AN/APG73 radar, its SAR mode can not provide enough precise data for JDAM and JSOW to attack ground targets. It was not until the AN/APG73 radar was upgraded to the second stage that the accuracy was further improved. At this time, the AN/APG73 had the precision needed to provide JDAM and JSOW with strikes.

You really, really need to just calm down, kid.

Well! I will wait patiently until the F/A18C mini-update comes up with the model of the AG radar. Actually, even if it's really like what my friends said, AN / APG73 is the first stage. I still like F/A18C, I buy F/A18C as the most meaningful purchase. Just a little regret.

If everyone in this thread wanting TWS /LTWS if you go look at the poll sticky in here you will see why they are working on the things they are , it isn't split 50/50 AA/AG its more like a 30/70 everyone wants A/G for the hornet first then AA. The hornet can protect itself pretty good as we speak , enough to do a strike but it doesn't do air to ground very well still , You shouldn't really be doing CAS with it,it should strike high value tgts and go home . The 120 also flys just fine in stt , you can break lock and it still tracks on to tgt after pitbull so the comment someone made about it being fox 1s makes no sense. Just what I see anyway, the hornet for me is what I wanna fly to go and blow up some ground targets without having to rely on the 2 f-15s on you rwr for cap but actually they didn't even load anything up and are practicing formation flying in a combat server, might as well point your a-10 into a mountain.

As I said, only ED can decide on the priority of the development. And they know better what should come first and which milestones they should set. It could be that for LTWS, they need DataLink as pointed by someone. It could be that by doing A then B then C, they get the 3 more quickly than doing C then A then B.

I just wish they would put in some temporary FC3 type TWS solution in the interim. Same with IFF and such. I dont care too much about having to set IFF frequencies, or whatever... Likely that's going to be done by mission planners any ways. Just get the functionality out there.

I just wish they would put in some temporary FC3 type TWS solution in the interim. Same with IFF and such. I dont care too much about having to set IFF frequencies, or whatever... Likely that's going to be done by mission planners any ways. Just get the functionality out there.

placeholders from FC3 need a lot of development effort and are not quality guaranteed. Look at the IFF today.

Maybe ED estimated that it is not worth the effort and that it is better to wait and have the final implementation.

First and foremost, I appreciate what DCS and the other folks do to keep me entertained...the world doesn't really revolve on this SIM.

As a vision impaired (recovering detached retina) 'ground pounder', I'm not in the fight for A2A combat but I'm dying for that SEAD op and then dump shit on the 'bad guys'. So I'll just bounce between my A-10 and my F-18 for the thrill.

I sometimes think us folks ask for too much in tiny details and don't appreciate the big picture that really makes the show. A vast majority of 'us' have never flown in this environment so we should be grateful for opportunity to have something this stressfully enjoyable. I don't give a sh#t that the shadow off the canopy rail isn't right...give me a break.

Just me give me the stuff that makes my motor run hard and clean up everything as you can.

Thanks..I'm done venting...now giv'me a friggin A2G missile that doesn't need a JTAC driver!!!!!

BTW...my right cockpit vent seems a little warmer than the left...could you sort that out ASAP!!!

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC