DCS/2.5.3.24436 CRASH ERROR DX11BACKEND

fredouf69

HI ALL

i updated my VC RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G and impossible to run DCS more than 2min.

in log i can find the error below:

ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

ERROR DX11BACKEND: CreateShaderResourceView FAILED. Reason: E_INVALIDARG

ERROR DX11BACKEND: DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006

ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create index buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

just before the crash, red colors appear on the texture.

the boost mode manufacturer at 1830Mhz can be a issue?

PS: every drivers is up to date

thanks in advance for your help

Fred

Edited by fredouf69

Salut Fred, je te réponds directement en Francais :-)

J'ai eu le même souci pendant des mois avec des crashs de DCS complètement aléatoires au bout de quelques minutes. J'avais les mêmes infos que toi dans le log de crash.

En cherchant partout sur le net, je suis tombé sur des gars qui avaient le même souci sur des jeux FPS (Arma 3 etc...) et ils avaient résolus le problème en réglant la fréquence de leur carte graphique sur la fréquence "root" prévue par Nvidia.

Dans mon cas j'ai une GTX 1080 Ti de chez Gigabyte. De base elle est cadencée par Gygabyte à 1515Mhz et à 1680 en mode PC (de mémoire mais on s'en fout des valeurs c'est juste ppur comprendre). Mais Nvidia donne un root à 1480 (de mémoire...) donc j'ai créé un profil utilisateur dans le logiciel Gygabite fourni avec la carte en abaissant la fréquence à celle préconisée par Nvidia.

Depuis 2 mois que j'ai trouvé cette solution, je n'ai plus aucun souci de crash :-)

En fait il apparait que certains jeux comme DCS ou Arma ne supportent pas certains overclocking même si ils semblent être des OC factory.

Voilà j'espere que ça t'aidera.

I had the same issue when changing my graphic card to a new one the first time i´ve runned DCS and that was because i should have removed first all drivers and files from previous installations.

I recommend you tou run a driver cleaner like DDU first, then reboot the computer and install new updated fresh drivers from zero.

Maybe this could help you.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi guys

thanks a lot for your feedback and comments, i had an aswer from MSI support and i return my card to aftersales.

Merci Damcopter , j ai aussi essayé de reduire la freque,ce au minimum mais j ai gagné 3min de vol ;-)

après contenu du prix d une RTX c 'est quand même fou de revoir la fréquence a la baisse… no comment

Visiblement il y a beaucoup de souci sur les chips RTX, quelle carte achetée ?fiable évidemment

@+Fred

I just wanted to give my 2cents on this issue. This is Not an issue with someone's faulty GPU and is 100% to do with DCS (at least in the open beta version) not liking overclocked RTX cards.

I have tested this in depth and every other game I have installed (I have over 20 games installed) works flawlessly with my RTX 2080ti (when set to stock clocks) which currently has an overclock of +150 on the core and +500 on the vram.

As soon as I set this to the default clocks: I have the evga ftw3 version, so my default boost clocks are slightly higher than a stock version. It runs flawlessly at stock clocks but doesn't like overclock at all.

Like I said this is the only game that does this I have many beta versions of different games and None exhibit this behavior when overclocked except DCS 2.5 BETA.

I have already submitted many auto bug reports when the game crashes (note the game doesn't crash to desktop but it causes a black screen hang with a game crash error)

I have yet to see if this still crashes when running the "stable" version of DCS but I can reproduce this every time on the Beta version. I will test this in the stable version when I get out of work tonight.

I should also add that I don't get any artifacts at all. Just crash to black screen with DCS ERROR message, nine line told me to post it here.

Update: I have since tried on the "stable" version of DCS and get the same issue, definately a software issue , not a hardware/overclock one IMO.

Edited by Badass1982
Updated with Stable results
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Badass, The description that you provided is exactly what happens in my game. I have a new set-up and wondered if the DirectX 12 was the culperate but after seeing what you wrote, I starting to rethink my problem. All drivers are up to date. Your post was ten days ago, have you found a solution...thanks in advance for your advice.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Device Name: Joystick - HOTAS Warthog

Device: Saitek combat flight pedels

Edited by flyer49

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

lol...Tyger tried that...my "sim" still doesn't work even after reinstalling DCS, fresh. After reinstalling DCS, I activated only the F-18 and the Gulf terrain modules to test for any previous modules activation/deactivation issues that might cause the crashes. As I said in the previous post, this is a new, higher performance system (completely updated drivers) and that I deactivated all of my previous modules using my old system but have not reactivated them into this system (have no idea if that matters). Thanks to all for your advice.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Device Name: Joystick - HOTAS Warthog

Device: Saitek combat flight pedels

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

flyer49, nope no solution/fix and no response other than yours to my post. It's definately a DCS issue though as opposed to Graphics/Driver/Overclock issue.

I have tried EVERY other game and benchmark I own at those overclocked settings and EVERY single one works flawlessley except DCS beta/stable at those settings.

The ONLY workaround I have discovered so far is having two saved OC profiles for my GPU in Afterburner, one at stock clocks and 1 at my STABLE OC

Yes uninstalled mods already. The sim always starts up no problem but crashed after 15-20 minutes through a multiplayer session. However, it was intermittent and I suspect related more to the over clock. I will be flying multiplayer missions over the holidays and will post logs if issues persist.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ran some offline tests using my stable overclock after uninstalling mods, cleaning out metashader2 and fxo files then running repair. Ran the case III training mission and after being in the air for a few minutes I had serious artifacting. Turned off the over clock and ran default settings for ROG 1070ti and was able to fly the mission to completion. Flying in VR, Oculus Rift. Card temps and mhz well within performance levels.

See photo and log file attached. Sorry for the night mission but you get the idea.

1569768907_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2018_12.24-16_43_41_32.thumb.png.ed7fcd46232e6b68e16d9d743cfc85db.png

dcs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]