Frontlines Georgia Campaign

On 4/17/2022 at 10:12 AM, Livers said:

I await patiently for that YouTuber to show his solution to Mission 11. I do admit to not trying it in recent months, as I am convinced it is unwinnable in CA's current state.

His mission 11 video is up if you haven't seen it yet. He kills all enemy units, but can't get the mission to end. I think he ends up just quitting the mission to get it to end, but could it be anything to do with moving your units into the objective areas? He seems to do that, but until I play it myself it is really hard to tell exactly. When you say unwinnable, do you mean you weren't able to destroy all enemy units, or you had the same problem he shows in the video?

18 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

His mission 11 video is up if you haven't seen it yet. He kills all enemy units, but can't get the mission to end. I think he ends up just quitting the mission to get it to end, but could it be anything to do with moving your units into the objective areas? He seems to do that, but until I play it myself it is really hard to tell exactly. When you say unwinnable, do you mean you weren't able to destroy all enemy units, or you had the same problem he shows in the video?

The same problem as shown in the video. The Result of zero in the debrief indicates to me that no mission objectives were accomplished. I find that a bit hard to believe with units occupying all zones and not a single enemy to be seen. I would have liked to see more detail of the Messages log, maybe there is a hint there.

Unwinnable IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Livers said:

The same problem as shown in the video. The Result of zero in the debrief indicates to me that no mission objectives were accomplished. I find that a bit hard to believe with units occupying all zones and not a single enemy to be seen. I would have liked to see more detail of the Messages log, maybe there is a hint there.

Unwinnable IMO.

If that is your complaint, then you are absolutely right.

Have you raised this as an issue/bug in the feedback thread? I see the last entry there is in 2019.

I know this campaign is probably pretty low priority at the moment, but I really think the issues here should be pretty easy fixes.

Being its only paid campaign, ED should really do what it can to resolve little issues like this because although they may be small, their effect in terms of the image they leave for CA can be much bigger.

So far from what I can gather, the two main outstanding issues here are that enemy units which have been damaged but manage to get away before being destroyed cause campaign progression to hang, and mission 11 has no ending even after all objectives have been achieved.

I think you should detail this in the feedback forum to 9line.

• Like 1

Feedback thread? The one at the top with one post by @NineLine himself? I don't know where to begin detailing the problems with this campaign beyond the wild AI actions at times. My gripe here is only with the final mission. The fact that I and others are unable to generate any RESULT>0 score is all that needs saying at this point. After hours spent with zero progress suggests to me a major failure somewhere, either in our execution of the mission or some very obscure triggers to record mission progress that we are missing.

What constitutes capture of a zone? Is a particular unit/group required to fulfill that? Must the zone be completely free of enemy units to fulfill that?

Where is the border? I see a vague line in the briefing but how does that translate to the F10 map? How can I know if I've gained control of the entire area of Georgia, including ghost artillery and zombie helicopters? Would either of those block mission progression?

Great emphasis is made in the briefing that that I make sure to load all aircraft in the Mission Planner and use them to their fullest. JFC, I'm a tactical commander and the mission is tankbusting. Having to do the loadouts myself is mind numbing. I'm a NATO guy, now I have to become an expert in SU-25T and and Mi-24 loadouts. Will my lack of knowledge block mission progress? Can I not win this without aircraft usage at all? I've cleared the entire battlefield several times, using only F-15s to swat flies. Result? ZERO.

Now I'm ranting. @Callsign112, buy it if you haven't already, give it a go and provide the feedback you think will move it forward. I'm exhausted.

• Like 2

@Livers, I think your feedback is really quite good actually. Sometimes feedback needs to be critical.

Clearly there is something amiss in the ME for a couple of the missions at least. It could be something as simple as a capture zone not being set up right, or too large maybe. But this is why I think by working together, we should be able to resolve these issues. I also understand we will need ED's help and input here, and without it there is little point to any of this.

I am definitely getting this campaign if for no other reason but to add my feedback. So be watching for it if your still interested. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

@NineLine It's been two years since your last post in this thread. Could you have look through the lasts posts in this thread when you have time?
Cheers!

Hear! Hear! I'm not looking for cheats - I want to know if this is winnable. If yes, how about a hint?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...