[RESOLVED] Weapons: still able to have a mixed loadout

ZHeN

interesting, i hope they fix this soon, its pretty game breaking for the mirage

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Seeing the same here, good catch Zhen.

Only one thing, im able to make TWS locks without losing it after 7 seconds. I mean in a normal A/A situation, not in this particular jettison issue.

Are you doing something else to lose the TWS lock?

Because i've never experienced that problem.

Thanks

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Seeing the same here, good catch Zhen.

Only one thing, im able to make TWS locks without losing it after 7 seconds. I mean in a normal A/A situation, not in this particular jettison issue.

Are you doing something else to lose the TWS lock?

Because i've never experienced that problem.

Thanks

manual TWS lock in full A/A config works fine:

one more thing about TWS dropping lock, not described in the video:

same thing happens to RDO locks (no A-G weapons onboard)

if you TWS lock a contact using RDO function, the radar will stop updating contact's position and the lock would drop in 7 seconds

works fine if you TWS lock it 'manually'

try RDO TWS locks in full A/A config - you'll be losing locks every 7 sec

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm not sure 530+GBU's is a standard configuration IRL in the first place, but it shouldn't induce such a behavious of the radar sometimes refusing PSID and switching directly to PSIC...

good catch, even if we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place (jettisoning gbus to use 530s) ;)

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Indeed, from flight manual, page 211 :

The M-2000C can load a number of different air-to-air missiles and air-to-ground munitions. However, due to limitations of the targeting computer, it is not possible to mix Super 530D missiles with air-to-ground weapons, and not possible either to mix different kinds of air-to-ground weapons. Doing so (for instance rockets and bombs, Mk-82s and Belougas etc.) may result in system not being able to handle the configuration and thus not work properly.

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

we all agree it isn't a supported configuration, the SNA's logic would be unable to release the weapons at worst, but here the radar is going awol... sometimes using PSID sometimes using PSIC... it's a bug, no doubt about it, and in my opinion, it's related to the automatic switching to PSIC i was mentionning in Zhen's radar lock loss thread

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

interesting, i hope they fix this soon, its pretty game breaking for the mirage

The fix would be to mess your PCA so you can't use any weapon.

Yes there is a bug, but no showstopper here:

- shouldn't load AG weapons with Super 530D.

- shouldn't use RDO function which isn't functional and doesn't do what it should.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi guys. Inquiring about the TWS. I need recent trk files for this separate from the A-G = S530

As for the bug with S530 and GBUs, yeah IRl they cannot work in tandem, and while you cant make it so that it can be carried in game.... its not designed to function that way. Theres a difference between MULTI-ROLE and MULTI-MISSION. The Mirage can carry R550 IR missiles yes but they can function outside of the aircrafts systems ( though they can be made to work in tandem with radar lock slew). A MULTI-ROLE aircraft like the mirage can perform both A/G missions and A/A missions but not simultaneously. Its one or the other. So if you are experiencing problems while having S530 and A/G ordinance you now know why. Yes you can but no you should not.

Once I have the trk for the TWS I will move that along to the internal system.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi guys. Inquiring about the TWS. I need recent trk files for this separate from the A-G = S530

As for the bug with S530 and GBUs, yeah IRl they cannot work in tandem, and while you cant make it so that it can be carried in game.... its not designed to function that way. Theres a difference between MULTI-ROLE and MULTI-MISSION. The Mirage can carry R550 IR missiles yes but they can function outside of the aircrafts systems ( though they can be made to work in tandem with radar lock slew). A MULTI-ROLE aircraft like the mirage can perform both A/G missions and A/A missions but not simultaneously. Its one or the other. So if you are experiencing problems while having S530 and A/G ordinance you now know why. Yes you can but no you should not.

Once I have the trk for the TWS I will move that along to the internal system.

The TWS bug should be in another thread.

I think the bug is : "The aircraft allows the loading of mixed loadouts and some of them allow the use of two different weapons (excluding magics and cannon) while some of them are unusable"

And the fix would be : "The loadout editor forbids the use of mixed loadouts (excluding magics and cannon)" or "The PCA shows an error message and forbids weapon employment when a mixed loadout is used (excluding magics and cannon)"

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Agreed. PCA showing an error and preventing weapons use would do the trick (*).

Chances are that's what would happen IRL if attempted (if little birds are to be trusted) ;)

(*) plus ensuring that each and every "wrong" loadouts are removed from the module:

- default loadouts from the mission editor

- loadouts in default missions, instant action, trainings, campaigns

Regards

Az'

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Weapon limitations adjusted in previous patch. No longer able to mix loadouts. Marking as RESOLVED and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [RESOLVED] Weapons: still able to have a mixed loadout