Slew AGM-65F

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog. I've mapped the TDC to the slew control on the throttle using the Axis Commands. When I'm in the AC there is absolutely no response when I try to move the TDC on the radar DDI. I searched this thread and haven't found a solution. Any suggestions please:cry:

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensor control switch right if using right ddi, then you should see a little diamond appear in top right of ddi. You can then use the slew button.

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

you need to make the radar DDI SOI with the sensor control switch

what means make DDI SOI??

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

With the radar on the right Digital Display Indicator - the right screen in the F-18 - make it the Sensor of Interest by pressing sensor control right

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

SOI = Sensor Of Interest. You use the SSS = Sensor Select Switch to indicate which screen you control - top (HUD), bottom screen (MPCD), left screen (left DDI), right screen (right DDI).

The left are right screens are called DDI and the bottom is called MPCD. Select the screen you have the radar on and like Chaser says, a little diamond will appear and you can slew the TDC around.

Note that in AA mode, if you have the radar on the right DDI (as is usual) and it's already SOI (has the diamond), pressing SSS Right again will enter AACQ mode. SSS Forward will enter the ACM modes in Bore mode and then SSS Aft will switch to ACM Vertical mode and SSS Left to Wide mode. Pressing the NWS/Undesignate button on the stick will exit those modes and return to normal radar operation and control.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I would like to assign the TDC to axis but, the mouse is the only option I have for this, everything else is grayed out.

What do I need to do to correct this?

Windows 10 x64, Intel i7 6700K, cooled by CoolerMaster, 32GB DDR4 , Asus Maximus VIII Hero, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 2 SSD's, 1 2TB HDD and 1 3TB HDD, Benq 24", TM Warthog, MS Sidewinder FFB, TIR 5, F16 MFD, CH Pro Rudder

If you have the TDC cursor setup as an axis you can tune the axis to adjust the speed at which it moves. It will however effect your TDC on the radar as well. I don't believe there is a way to configure the slew rate on just the MAV seeker.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Is it possible to change the slew sensivity somehow on the mavricks? Its really fast now..

Not if you're forced to assign the TDC/Slew to buttons (in the case of this X-55 owner now typing)....in which case it is brutally too slow!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

i am having the same problem. radar is ok but maverick is horribly fast. please make it much more slow

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

TDC Slew

Hi, I'm using the Warthog Hotas, Can everyone share what they have set as there TDC axis tune for the Hornet, please.:thumbup:

Added:

just been playing with the saturation, i don't think we can tune it to slow it down yet.

Edited by spike2450

Also, is me the only one having issues with the warthog mini stick for the mavs?, once the camera starts moving diagonally it wont respond to any other direction no matter how hard I push the mini stick ...also, the diagonal response seems MUCH more prone that pure axis response...odd.

Yeah sometimes seems like it gets a mind of its own and nothing you can do about it.

Yeah sometimes seems like it gets a mind of its own and nothing you can do about it.

Aye, they've already stated it will involve at least one iteration of OB update to get it right as far as the stuff from previous OOB update is concerned. I mean, the IRMavs don't even give IR video yet :lol:

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Hi guys, i had the same issue, it is way too sensitive.

What i did is (I own a warthog HOTAS) i went into the Options menu from DCS world, then into CONTROLS and selected F-18 sim, and went into axis assignment. There i set the throttle TDC axis, Y and X, then for each axis, i went into axis tuning, and for both i set the curvature to 100.

I did help a lot, but it was still too sensitive .... i don't know if sensitive is the word, but i think that it is too fluid .... it is supposed to be dragging a bit and precise, before i was unable to actually stabilize the cursors for it to capture anything on the maverick sensor.

I simply for now use the CMD switch on my stick.

Oddly enough i did not affect the cursor precision or speed of the radar screen.

It seems like it's just fairly broken with this release - it was all over the place when I tried it, continuing to move after I'd stopped any input. The radar TDC works perfectly, so I know it's not an input problem. I think it's worth just waiting to see whether it's better in the next Open Beta release.

HUD slew is too sensitive and twitchy.

Radar slew is too slow and laggy.

Maverick slew is janky.

they need to review the slew sensitivities across the board and standardize them like the a10c

I'm guessing this is related to the issue of using the mini stick on the throttle when trying to do auto bombing as well? Slewing the tdc on the radar is "ok" but slewing the tdc on the HUD is almost worthless in accuracy.

I've seen many others have the same issue, but I haven't seen any formal response back about it. Do "they" even know about it and if not how do we officially go about getting this reported and taken care of?

Also, is me the only one having issues with the warthog mini stick for the mavs?, once the camera starts moving diagonally it wont respond to any other direction no matter how hard I push the mini stick ...also, the diagonal response seems MUCH more prone that pure axis response...odd.

Same here......soon.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

It seems like it's just fairly broken with this release - it was all over the place when I tried it, continuing to move after I'd stopped any input. The radar TDC works perfectly, so I know it's not an input problem. I think it's worth just waiting to see whether it's better in the next Open Beta release.

Another "I agree"

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly: