Slew AGM-65F

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good !

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So I’m having the issue with slewing the IR Mavs. I hit the TDC Depress and can move it to the right and down, but for some unknown reason, I can get it to move up and to the left. Anyone else having this issue? I have a TM Warthog and I use the TDC that’s on the throttle. I have no issues with the radar cursor. I have only tried it once but I thought I’d ask if anyone else is having this same issue.

I have the very same issue with my TWCS, I can slew the cursor without problems in the radar, but when I load the IRMAVs, it's very choppy, and if I try to keep the TDC depressed and move the sensor, it won't go up and left, only right and down. If I keep pushing and releasing the button, making little movements of the cursor in the mean time (like "pulsing" the movement), I have some resemblance of control, but it makes very difficult to lock a target, anyway, as I mostly have to fly the jet in the direction of the target and then trying to adjust the aim.

I'm not using Target, either, nor binding key, just using the control configuration menu in game.

For info, I have been using a Logitech gamepad so that I can set a separate slew controller to get different axis tuning for radar and IRMAV.

A saturation of 15 to 25 seems to work well, to provide reference on how sensitive the controller axes should be vs current implementation.

There is still a problem in that the sensor slew has trouble tracking in both axes simultaneously. I have noticed this with both the TM Warthog and the Logitech gamepad, though I can't be certain it's an inherent code issue without testing more controllers. Currently i slew one direction at a time using the gamepad with reduced aaturation to make things work nicely.

I have the very same issue with my TWCS, I can slew the cursor without problems in the radar, but when I load the IRMAVs, it's very choppy, and if I try to keep the TDC depressed and move the sensor, it won't go up and left, only right and down. If I keep pushing and releasing the button, making little movements of the cursor in the mean time (like "pulsing" the movement), I have some resemblance of control, but it makes very difficult to lock a target, anyway, as I mostly have to fly the jet in the direction of the target and then trying to adjust the aim.

I'm not using Target, either, nor binding key, just using the control configuration menu in game.

Same here I am using TWCS, It's very weird and impossible to target something. As soon as I depress and move the TDC it slides somewhere that I don't want to. I think problem is not only on Warthog.

Hi everyone,

I've noticed now that I can't slew the Maverick seeker unless I'm holding down the TDC cursor switch on the throttle (target lock).

Also, the Maverick slew control moves in large jumps, making it impossible to designate a specific ground target. The Maverick seeker jumps all over the place, and I just have to settle for whatever target it happens to grab (if any at all).

Is it supposed to be like this? It's gotten worse in a recent update, now I can't slew Maverick seekers at all unless I hold down target lock.

It seems that the A-10C has good Maverick slew control, but the F/A-18 is terrible.

Any insight?

AD

I had similar questions. Thought it was just me.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227788

Hi everyone,

I've noticed now that I can't slew the Maverick seeker unless I'm holding down the TDC cursor switch on the throttle (target lock).

Also, the Maverick slew control moves in large jumps, making it impossible to designate a specific ground target. The Maverick seeker jumps all over the place, and I just have to settle for whatever target it happens to grab (if any at all).

Is it supposed to be like this? It's gotten worse in a recent update, now I can't slew Maverick seekers at all unless I hold down target lock.

It seems that the A-10C has good Maverick slew control, but the F/A-18 is terrible.

Any insight?

AD

+1, I was looking at this thinking the same, slew controls work with other weapons systems and other modules Maverick implementations... Is this a realism 'problem' on the real jet do you have to depress the tdc to slew?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I've noticed another issue with slewing the F as well. If you assign TDC control to an axis (instead of just a direction switch), it causes the mav slew to jump around all over the place.

It works fine for radar, but when you try to use an axis to slew the mav...it's completely messed up. Hoping for a fix soon :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

TDC with Thrustmaster Warthog?

Christmas and finally some time to dive into the F-18. I'm usually driving the A-10C with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and would love to keep using the little "mouse cursor" on the throttle for controlling the TDC. Has anyone managed to do this?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Do you mean in order to use it to slew the maverick, for example? If so, this was a whole 'thing'. The dev team couldn't get it to work due to a hardware issue (you can't slew and hold it down at the same time), which is hardly a surprise given the poor quality of that part of the Warthog.

They're working on a workaround. For the moment, for the maverick slew, you can assign TDC Depress to another button and have the Warthog 'nipple' assigned to TDC in the Axis page of the controls, then press them both together.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

It works, but I would honestly suggest either modding the axis on the Warthog, or using one of the hats on the back of the throttle. The sensitivity is a little wonky, even with curves set. I've never been able to get it to feel right in anything but the A10.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Gotcha, sounds good! I was really hoping that this wasn't 'realistic' Maverick behavior :)

AD

Supposedly this is how the real thing works, but it gets a little annoying in a simulator when your control system is not exacty a real F/A-18C throttle quadrant :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

AGM-65 F doesnt work with TDC.

I cant get my AGM-65 F to work with my slew bottoms anymore.

I don't use axis and i've tried to uninstall modul and repair DCS - plus ive also tried to revert DCS to another version and then reupdate it. But that didnt help either.

I use the Warthog and this havent been an issue before the last update afaik. :)

To attack the more obvious questions first, are you remembering to hold TDC down while slewing, and ensuring you have used sensor select right/left (depending on which DDI you are on) and verifying you have the diamond in the corner of the screen? I find I have to hit SSS left twice for some reason to get the diamond...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

To attack the more obvious questions first, are you remembering to hold TDC down while slewing, and ensuring you have used sensor select right/left (depending on which DDI you are on) and verifying you have the diamond in the corner of the screen? I find I have to hit SSS left twice for some reason to get the diamond...

shit! its clearly a case of too many new planes aquired during winter sale:joystick:

Forgot to hold TDC down while slewing... im stupid... :D

shit! its clearly a case of too many new planes aquired during winter sale:joystick:

Forgot to hold TDC down while slewing... im stupid... :D

Hahahaha, yeah we all do it. I feel bad asking sometimes because it feels like telling them how to suck eggs, but often it’s a simple brain fart!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I also have a strange problem with my AGM-65F slew. I slew the TDC control with the little stick axis on my T16000 left-hand throttle. The TDC won't go straightly up/down or right/left. It's tilted. For example, when I try to slew left, it goes down left instead of straightly left. The radar doesn't have this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to slew radar up and down...

Radar gets stuck after first time I lock someone up and change weapon. Can’t figure out how to start slewing it again. Tried kicking my desk, turning radar off and on, pressing all the little grey rubber buttons around the DDI and yelling at the cat.