Clean-ish version of the textures

mdee

Just watching the stream of F14 and the plane looks like a it was taken straight from a junkyard to have one last flight. I understand if this is the look you might be going for, is there any chance to get a well maintained aircraft texture set?

Personally, I find it rather off putting and overdone.

Military aircraft tend to look worse for wear. Even if they are perfectly maintained, they still will not look all that new simply because it would be a waste of manpower and time to make sure that the paint is always touched up and the cockpit is in showroom condition. If one were to go to a Air force base and look at the active duty aircraft, they would find a lot of fairly "worn in" cockpits. Likewise, if you were to look at aircraft during a cruise on a carrier, you would quickly find that even a well maintained example is going to look rather weathered to say the least.

To put it another way. The aircraft textures you saw in the stream ARE what you would find from a "well maintained" aircraft. That is just what these things look like when you actually use them.

I love those pictures with the wing sweep marks. Did they use neolube on the interfaces, or a more permanent pad type solution? I vaguely remember that they used some kind of air bag or some such at the interface.

Very cool to see the marks of routine use.

Airbags

Airbag.jpg.0693aaf9cb1ca7606744f300b5fe166f.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They create the textures from photographs of planes that are on display in museums, therefore it is highly likely that this will be the main reason why they look so used - they are. This is what the term "photogrammetry" means. This, and the reconstruction of an object.

Textures that make the plane look like it comes directly from the factory require certainly much more work, as compared to the texturing from photographs already requires. Therefore, I would expect "factory-new" textures further down the line, if they make them at all.

It may, however, help Heatblur to adjust their priorities if more people indicate an interest in "factory-new" textures.

I am fine with the "used" textures, but wouldn't mind "factory-new" as well.

You don’t want to fly a glossy jet in combat, and Naval aircraft look that way over time due to an extensive corrosion control program. A full time, rotating effort due to salt environment.

A few squadrons had newer airframes that were lighter (VF142 and VF143 had brand new jets), but they all trended darker and mottled with deployment and rebuilds/repaints. For awhile, each squadron got two late block aircraft in the A program, which tended to end up as the pretty CAG and CO birds.

The textures from Heatblur look great.

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

although i don't like clean jets, there must be at least a few clean versions. some people may want to pretend using a brand new plane in their scenarios

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

although i don't like clean jets, there must be at least a few clean versions. some people may want to pretend using a brand new plane in their scenarios

This. Also what if I want it as a show bird, so I want my Tomcat to be nice and shiny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing I'd worry about is, let's say it with the words from someone who asked RAZBAM a question a while ago, cats having had an orgy on the canopy. I know they added some scratches to the Viggen canopy recently, but I didn't have anough time to see that by myself yet. Maybe the Tomcats had an orgy on the Viggen's canopy? rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg