How many GBU's per pylon

Raz_Specter

HI

Does anyone know if the Hornet will be able to carry multiple MAvs or GBUs per pylon, like the A10C?

Seems a waste of a pylon for just one weapon

Just curious

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Should be able to carry two GBU12 or GBU16 at least as it is able to carry two Mk83 (same weight as GBU16)

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

He said Mavericks are one per pylon, not GBUs. GBUs like the 12 and 16 can be carried in pairs on BRU-33 (like the Mk-82 and 83). Smart weapons like JDAM and JSOW require the BRU-55 to be carried in pairs.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Why? GBU12 use the same BRU that the MK82 use. :-(

But the GBU-12 has bigger fins on the back, so when it leave the station and the wire get pulled, this fins popout they can hit part of the aircraft. An example is F-16 can carry 3 MK-82 on a TER but only 2 GBU-12.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

HI

Does anyone know if the Hornet will be able to carry multiple MAvs or GBUs per pylon, like the A10C?

Seems a waste of a pylon for just one weapon

Just curious

Thanks Specter

In RL now a day, A-10 tent not to carry more than one weapons per pylon, to much drag otherwise.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

We will not get the bru-55. It was never used operationally on the legacy hornets of the time frame modeled by ED (that of a ~2005 Legacy Hornet). We'll be limited to 4x '65s total, if you need a bunch of guided munitions, you'll still be able to load up 8x GBU-12s as they don't need the data interface provided by the BRU-55 for JDAM/Mavs. The hornet would fly like a pig with a ton of big draggy mavs anyway, it's better this way ;)
Correcto
Found it. :music_whistling:

I think i saw a few days ago where Nineline said BRU-55 would eventually come?

He said double racks would come, he did not specifically say bru55 was coming, I asked him to clarify and he said he'd check. Until we hear differently: Wags says the bru55 will *not* come to our hornet, that's about as authoritative as you can possibly get.

So we can at least carry 6 GBU-12 (2 per Pylon), according to Wag's new Video

Link with Timestamp:

I think we can totaly carry 8-10 GBU'12.

F/A-18C, AV-8B, Huey, Ka-50, Mig-21, A10C, FC3, BF-109, M2000C, AJS-37, P-51

Ryzen 5 2600 ~4Ghz, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, EVGA GTX 1070

Those on the inner pylons are GBU-16s which are only 1 on station, if they were 12s, would have been 8
Ok so He is carring 4, not 8. ;-p

But anyway thats gone be fun, 4 GBU's, 2 Mavs and Center Tank.

F/A-18C, AV-8B, Huey, Ka-50, Mig-21, A10C, FC3, BF-109, M2000C, AJS-37, P-51

Ryzen 5 2600 ~4Ghz, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, EVGA GTX 1070

Realistic combat loads likely only have one per station.

There are plenty of pics of Legacy Hornets with 2x GBU-12s on a pylon IRL. But its in loadouts something like this: 2x GBU-12s on one pylon, 1x GBU32 and 1x Mav + 2 bags in double ugly. But yeah It's not like they would ever carry 8-10x GBU-12s IRL that would be hilariously draggy and you'd probably not even have enough gas to employ them all properly.