F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Well my hope is that it hits on the 19th or 21st. Less because I want it sooner than later, but I would really like to hear about the Heatblur teams getting Christmas off this year. I feel like they've been busting ass between making the Tomcat come to life and doing awesome work on the Viggen.

Honestly, I'd be ok if they announced that they were taking a few days off around Christmas just to have the break. They deserve it, in my opinion.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my hope is that it hits on the 19th or 21st. Less because I want it sooner than later, but I would really like to hear about the Heatblur teams getting Christmas off this year. I feel like they've been busting ass between making the Tomcat come to life and doing awesome work on the Viggen.

Honestly, I'd be ok if they announced that they were taking a few days off around Christmas just to have the break. They deserve it, in my opinion.

I think that even if they don't release it before Christmas they'll be having time off. So if anything, it probably isn't something they're sweating on to get time off by releasing it before then.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

On Steam

RELEASE DATE:

Winter 2019

By definition that could mean late December 2019. :cry:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On Steam

RELEASE DATE:

Winter 2019

If I remember correctly, Cobra stated that they had to put a year in there for Steam, they wouldnt accept something as ambiguent as 'Winter', but the original statement of targeting December, guaranteeing Winter still standed. But then again, given the recent flow of PR (which is minimal) its pretty likely it will be 2019

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

given the recent flow of PR (which is minimal) its pretty likely it will be 2019

This is more telling than anything. Since the reveal back in October, we haven't really heard or seen anything new. There was talk of videos highlighting the different systems as well as releasing the Tomcat to some people for review and publicity...none of that has even happened yet. I am wishing for a Christmas miracle but I don't think they are even close to releasing the Tomcat...I hope I am very wrong but we are about two weeks before Christmas and I have yet to see anything that tells me otherwise.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

They'e getting done what they can get done.

All these third party developers are little boutique groups of enthusiasts with some esoteric dev skills.

Yes.

This is more telling than anything. Since the reveal back in October, we haven't really heard or seen anything new.

They did give us a nice lifestream though.

There was talk of videos highlighting the different systems as well as releasing the Tomcat to some people for review and publicity...none of that has even happened yet.
That's a very good point. We know youtubers are a key part of any DCS PR campaign, yet there isn't a single video (besides a 'remix' of the gameplay reveal trailer by Jabbers).

While I can think of reasons for Heatblur being quiet even if they were close to release, I can't think of a single positive to not having the module in our videomakers' hands, being shown off and reviewed by people independent of the devs.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think NYE will come before the Tomcat will.

Edited by Horns
Removed confusing date info

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Because Heatblur has revealed that they target this month, I expect that they will make a statement this week or the other if release has moved now to 2019.

If they stay silent even after middle of December, I would still think there is going to be released this month even with a week notice.

Otherwise I find no reason to not let us know that is not going to happen this month if it has already been decided. It costs nothing to post that and it won't break any promise. Just relieve the stress of checking every day.

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Come on guys, we have a search function...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3671341&postcount=5

OP asked if the F-14 will release before Xmas. Cobra847's ETA leaves the door open, so we were each giving our read of the situation. I don't think anyone was asking for or expecting a comment from Heatblur, we're just a bunch of peeps reading tea leaves and speculating wildly :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

OP asked if the F-14 will release before Xmas. Cobra847's ETA leaves the door open, so we were each giving our read of the situation. I don't think anyone was asking for or expecting a comment from Heatblur, we're just a bunch of peeps reading tea leaves and speculating wildly :)

Nothing against it but kepping it in one thread would do the trick right? :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing against it but kepping it in one thread would do the trick right? :music_whistling:

That’s true, I didn’t realize there was more than one.

It's mind boggling how they were predicting a release last Christmas and here we are a year later and still no Tomcat. Why are they so hesitant to release it? Look at the Hornet and what state it was released in and what it's current state is. I feel another year gone by hurts Heatblur's reputation more than just finally releasing it in whatever state it's in. I am beginning to question Heatblur's ability to give us a quality representation of the F-14. I hope I am proven wrong.

Honestly I'd say its the exact opposite. Releasing incomplete buggy modules early that stay incomplete for long times have hurt ED's and Razbam's reputation for being able to deliver completed modules. Waiting a while longer to release a more complete module would also be my move if I was a developer.

12/21/18 to 3/20/19 is when you can expect it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm counting on having it by August 31st. That is the end of winter in the southern hemisphere (Australiasian Seasons). I like to manage my expectations and am rarely disappointed.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'm counting on having it by August 31st. That is the end of winter in the southern hemisphere (Australiasian Seasons). I like to manage my expectations and am rarely disappointed.
I'm making a leap of faith and hoping that Heatblur's calendar is the same one I'm using.

But, yes, I do try to not get too wound up over release dates. It won't be much longer, in any case.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I think the fact there hasn't been a 'delay' announce is a fairly good indication they are still plugging for pre Christmas but aren't fully sure they will get there. I would err on pre Christmas with about 70% weighting .

Entirely based on subjective and biased gut feel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I came here as I saw the

today (or yesterday) flown by Graywolf and Grimes, and was sure that we´ll have a release date now...but noooo...still nothings.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective