F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumpster fire commencing in 3....2....

So, in an attempt to avoid the previous derailment, let's try to understand that the release date discussions are here for people to have fun with the anticipation. If you want to come in with your complaints or to crap on someone's positivity, please go elsewhere, or I will have to start posting a bunch of Frozen memes, since my 2 year old now has me watching that every day.

As for my contribution. A question. What theme, format, etc do you think the release trailer will be? Do you think it will drop day of, or some amount of time in advance?

Dumpster fire commencing in 3....2....

So, in an attempt to avoid the previous derailment, let's try to understand that the release date discussions are here for people to have fun with the anticipation. If you want to come in with your complaints or to crap on someone's positivity, please go elsewhere, or I will have to start posting a bunch of Frozen memes, since my 2 year old now has me watching that every day.

As for my contribution. A question. What theme, format, etc do you think the release trailer will be?

My condolences.

Different. Not your typical cinematic style. We're remixing a very specific song for it, even, together with Meteor. Going to be fun :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

STOP IT! It means what it says, Winter, which runs from December 2018 to March 2019. At worst you're talking 3.5 months. Its not a big deal seriously.

To be fair he is only speculating, no need to ring his neck. It literally says in the OP this is a place for speculation. So i’d Imagine that allows both optimism and pessimism regardless of if it’s what you like or not? Just trying to keep this civilised before the whole ‘toxic’ thing starts getting thrown around because someone isn’t positive in regards to the F-14’s release.

Edited by Gunslinger22

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

To be fair he is only speculating, no need to ring his neck. It literally says in the OP this is a place for speculation. So i’d Imagine that allows both optimism and pessimism regardless of if it’s what you like or not? Just trying to keep this civilised before the whole ‘toxic’ thing starts getting thrown around because someone isn’t positive in regards to the F-14’s release.

Not trying to ring anybody's neck but the toxicity starts when people start to read too much into things and "interpret" what somebody meant, then get upset when their conclusion doesn't happen and blame the dev for it.

My condolences.

Different. Not your typical cinematic style. We're remixing a very specific song for it, even, together with Meteor. Going to be fun :)

Well, I like the ice cutting song and when Elsa headshots Anna, makes me laugh every time. But yeah, the plot seems like it was written via "Twitch plays Disney movie."

I digress...

So not typical cinematic. But I don't know what typical cinematic is...

Remixed song, hmmm. Most of the Meteor stuff has been very 80s nostalgia, but if you are flipping the script, I'm going to guess:

You're using some real life walk around video, and then quick transition back and forth with the module in the same position/aspect/walk around motion, showing off the true to form visuals, the ultimate extension of the "real or DCS" screenshot game.

Song is electric guitar of a piece of classical music.

Could tie in some documentary style interview voiceovers in there.

Or, and bear with me here:

You do static Tomcat with animated deck crew in front, dancing around to an electric guitar remix of "In the Navy." Do a few different sequences from different angles, kind of like the credits roll in the movie, "Down Periscope."

The latter gets my vote, but I'm a bit on the silly side when it comes to this stuff.

Edited by Dino Might

Differently... A shot for shot recreation of the opening engagement from Top Gun with a remix of the Top Gun anthem + Danger Zone as to avoid copyright issues. This then transitions forward to Mavericks love tantrum and hasty motorcycle riding where the currently unannounced DCS: Kawasaki GPZ 900r module is revealed. This is then followed by a demonstration of the deck crew and pilot animation tech, displayed in all of its glory in a faithful but PG recreation of everyone's favourite "Take my Breath Away" segment.

Edited by Reilly

Long time ago say a publisher It's done, when it's done ;) a game in 90s ..

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

If anything, I think we can all agree on that we should be pitchforked to death at dawn if we don't deliver this winter or the F-14 just flat out sucks. Give us a chance to make do on both of those promises.

Could we do this in the afternoon? I usually sleep at dawn and my doctor says I shouldn't be lynching on a empty stomach.

Different. Not your typical cinematic style. We're remixing a very specific song for it, even, together with Meteor. Going to be fun smile.gif

Looking forward to it! The previous one was amazing :thumbup:

Really appreciate the time you guys put into this project!

I hope you take some days of for the holidays!

Edited by b1n4ry

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

Thank you Cobra for the update, i wish you and your family a great Christmas and please do take some time off over the holidays.

Time fly's as you get older, this year is pretty much just a blur so 14+ weeks is nothing. Will be looking forward to seeing some YouTubers making videos over the next couple of months leading up to the release.

Appreciate all of HB's hard work over the year, keep on target...your almost there.

Based on previous experiences with release frames in regards to DCS and especially to Heatblur, I would expect March 20th as the open beta release date :P

No hard feelings, I'm totally fine with that, just mocking you guys @HB a bit ;)

I will never forget when Cobra once announced that there will be a dev update before the end of the year and a couple of weeks (or was it months even?) after that announcement he released the dev update true to his words on the 31st of December at 11:30 P.M. (CET) :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Take your time, get it done the best you can so we can enjoy the best! Don't worry about entitled twats, they tend to swarm the net these days.

Modules: F-14A/B | F/A-18C | M2000C | AV-8B | Hawk | L-39 | A-10C | C-101 | UH-1 | Normandy | Supercarrier

Harmless speculation is nothing to worry about, but when you start making assumptions and criticizing Heatblur because they didn't meet your expectations rather than what they promised as a deadline, that's where you start to cross the line. If Heatblur releases the module earlier than what is promised, then that is more than a bargain and we should be grateful for that. Otherwise, let's just sit tight and wait while we play some of their F-14 OST. :D

So when do I get my t-shirt?

Too soon? :lol:

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)