F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Well they're winter, I sure won't dispute that. Although in Florida where I'm from, we don't have winter. By March I'm already considering it spring.

What I'm pointing out is, the tendency, I guess, for the early year months to not be included in 'Winter.'

Thanks to this whole drama that I lurked for the longest time, I now realize that any given year now technically has two 'Winters.' :P

Actually Winter in the northern hemisphere is the 3 month where it is "colder than the rest of the year" in basically all cultures, so that would be December, January and February.

Now, Astronomically (what is usually used to define the calendar, like 365 days around the sun, 24 hours earth rotation is a day etc.) the winter season starts on 21st December and ends on 21st March. I've never heard or read of winter as October to December... :book:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are people still arguing over what Winter will mean for the release date? Cobra literally said:

DCS: F-14 will launch on a day before March 21st, 2019.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Please get in touch with me directly at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com for a refund if you'd like.

I made you the same offer during the couple of weeks DCS was crashing post-mission with the Viggen. :)

For ultimate clarity, once again:

DCS: F-14 will launch on a day before March 21st, 2019.

You're a much better person than me. I would have "forced" the refund and barred anyone threatening lawsuit from buying a license. Who needs that kind of "stress"

In quotes because we ALL KNOW the guy is not going to take legal action. Given than he willingly PAID for a pre-release.

Geesh. More and more, people act so damn entitled.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You're a much better person than me. I would have "forced" the refund and barred anyone threatening lawsuit from buying a license. Who needs that kind of "stress"

In quotes because we ALL KNOW the guy is not going to take legal action. Given than he willingly PAID for a pre-release.

Geesh. More and more, people act so damn entitled.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have no problem with people airing genuine grievances, I certainly have, but at the point someone talks about potential legal action there is little good that a public conversation can do.

I like that ED are upfront about this forum being a product forum. At the point someone threatens or refers to possible legal action against ED or any of the content developers I would love ED to say it is no longer appropriate to allow them to comment on this forum with potential pending legal proceedings and revoke their posting rights.

Bah humbug.

Edited by Horns
Forgot first comment

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

...I beg to differ :P

Tell you what, I cannot check the veracity of your statement without having access to the plane. Give it to me and I will get back to you after I remember I'm actually wearing VR goggles and should probably have eaten dinner two days ago.

:megalol::helpsmilie:

Legal action, lawsuit and whatnot... do you people even pay attention ?

One must keep in mind that a big part of forum users is composed by youth members.

...which are expected to say a lot of stuff without thinking before.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Legal action, lawsuit and whatnot... do you people even pay attention ?

One must keep in mind that a big part of forum users is composed by youth members.

...which are expected to say a lot of stuff without thinking before.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Not sure what you think is being missed, is it that they could be kids who are speaking impulsively in the moment?

If they had called someone a name or sworn I might agree. This guy was talking about Heatblur’s Viggen the same way previously. Look back at the comment, it laid out an argument that went beyond “I’ll sue you”. I think the devs are entitled to do business in a place free from threats.

I’m not saying automatically permaban everyone who does this, but that the Ts and Cs should make it an option.

Edited by Horns
Added missed arguments

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Not sure what you think is being missed, is it that they could be kids who are speaking impulsively in the moment?

If they had called someone a name or sworn I might agree. This guy was talking about Heatblur’s Viggen the same way previously. Look back at the comment, it laid out an argument that went beyond “I’ll sue you”. I think the devs are entitled to do business in a place free from threats.

I’m not saying automatically permaban everyone who does this, but that the Ts and Cs should make it an option.

Yes that was pretty much my impression, becasue that kind of argument sounds like a "spoiled kid" one.

But I didn't know about that previous discord.

Well, eitherway Happy Christmas!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yes that was pretty much my impression, becasue that kind of argument sounds like a "spoiled kid" one.

But I didn't know about that previous discord.

Well, eitherway Happy Christmas!

Ah cool cool, maybe I was more militant about it than I should have been.

Happy Christmas to you too!

just do not make any more pre-purchases this was the last one...

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Lawsuit? That's funny. The best way you can show your displeasure with a company is just to not support them or their products. Spread the word. A lawsuit will not do anything...

Anyway, hoping for a release soon!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Well, my money is on it releasing mid January, just in time for me to read about it from my deployment to Africa :( - just like with the Hornet :doh:

That bites :( Are you gone long? If so, any way you could have a trusted friend sign into your DCS account, download the game and module, copy it to a portable HDD and mail it to you? Can anyone advise if that would work?

Alright, over Christmas Break I have been forced watching Grey's Anatomy from season 1 with House 6. WTF I don't even care about this and that. just give me something else to fly so I have a reason why Christina chooses Minn over staying in SEA. OBTW Mark dies

Edited by AG-51_Sabot

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

Alright, over Christmas Break I have been forced watching Grey's Anatomy from season 1 with House 6. WTF I don't even care about this and that. just give me something else to fly so I have a reason why Christina chooses Minn over staying in SEA. OBTW Mark dies

Grey's Anatomy? That's terrible. I divorce-level hate that show. If Seattle Grace were a real hospital and I was mortally shot in the entryway to the ER, I'd insist on being taken somewhere else. What toxic dump of a workplace with immature, self-centered, horrible people. I'd no-kidding die of plot, and if not, I'd strangle myself with my own IV line just so I wouldn't have to hear any more inane squabbling over the latest bout of bedroom round robin.

Heatblur, get this man a Tomcat!

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

that's been my policy since F18...never again...even if they try to lure you with the AH-64D...won't do it again

Yes you will and you know it.

I'd prepurchase a hardcore Longbow in a heartbeat.

BTW greys anatomy is drivel garbage. ..any male watching it for any reason has lost his testicles.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.