F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a thread hijack, but just a small question inbetween I didn't want to start a new topic for;

I've seen a few videos (all I could find at least) of the EA by ralfidude and jabbers, but I haven't seen any a/g footage yet. Did I miss something, or is this still wip?

Ralfidude video bombs and rockets on a strike mission...

Then we had the strike mission in the Heatblur live stream. (Mission starts at around 25 minutes)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

"Plenty" is indeed a vague term. FTR I went back and found the post, his phrasing was "ample time", although I don't think that changes the meaning, since that's a pretty vague term too.

Given he's talking about the opportunity to buy, I couldn't see it would be less than a month given a lot of people still get paid monthly, but like I said, I hope I'm wrong because I'd rather see it sooner :)

I don't really understand this whole advanced warning of release talk. We already have a date, granted its a latest possible date, and we are all able to pre-purchase at a discounted price. Why do we need another date? Its a very kind gesture from HB to offer advanced warning but its definitely not something we should expect.

Not having a go at anyone, just adding to the discussion.

My entry to the pant-wetting release announcement sweepstake is 2 weeks notice of release in today's newsletter for a Friday 15th Feb release. Don't let me down HB!!:joystick:

I mean, that's certainly a small part of it, but mostly it's because I actually expect a March 20th release. And they'll only release it then because they're more or less required to (they're not though). I bet come the second week of March if they had the option to push it another 30-60 days they'd jump on it. I don't say this to be negative, I just think they're perfectionists, possibly to a fault. I have no doubt that we could've had a "pretty good" F-14 (say, RAZBAM level) two years ago, but from the looks of things we're going to be getting an extremely ambitious study sim instead. They just need to feel comfortable letting their baby leave the nest.

This.

I expect HB to be getting as much refining done as possible on the systems scheduled for early access release and will only stop when every tiny hiccup has been solved on these systems before March end, and the only work left is to start on the unscheduled systems that could not be completed by then.

If they are ready for release by mid Feb, they then might concentrate on making some educational videos for a couple of weeks and get those out of the way before announcing the release date.

I doubt we would see it before mid March and likely more like the end of March, which is fine by me. I would much prefer HB to allow themselves the max time to complete; rather than just to please us, throw us a two week early bone that has a lot of maggots crawling out of it.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Welp this will be a massive PR disaster if it’s not true, especially coming from the Holy Wags himself, whom a lot of people encluding myself place a lot of trust in. Strange that he’d mention this before HB, but in the end ED have control over release dates.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Yeah, I don't see Wags stepping on anyone's toes. Although ED did release those first pics of the Tomcat before the reveal and took them down. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

unknown.png

That's some great news!! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I love it how this little gem of "later this month" by Wags basically shuts up all the "Not before March", "Sure will be the 21st of March", "Never this month, we haven't even seen the backseat"... :D

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I love it how this little gem of "later this month" by Wags basically shuts up all the "Not before March", "Sure will be the 21st of March", "Never this month, we haven't even seen the backseat"... :D

Listen here bub.:bash:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

It was soooooo long ago....It was an announcement concerning the development of the Mi-24 Hind module. It was sooo long ago that I don't remember the date any more...And since this announcement , the Mi-24 fans have received : ONE SCREENSHOT !!!!:cry:

During the last weeks, the F-14 fans have received , plenty of screenshots, movies and infos on the arrival of the Big Cat.

So be happy to only wait for a few weeks...I am so desperate concerning the Mi-24 that I have already ordered de F-14 and it will be my 4th DCS module...:thumbup:

For my part I am so excited and happy to only wait days of weeks compared to yearssss :music_whistling:

We also know that the final results will for sure be magnificent !

Time is running...fast

And don't forget one of my favourite African proverb : You have the watches but we (and DCS too) have the time :smartass:

Have a nice WE,

Chris

Wags said in reply to a comment on the "DCS World Lunar New Year Sale - 2019" video on YouTube the Tomcat will be released later this month.

Edit: someone beat me to it nevermind :lol:

Edited by Birko

Yes, because you knew what date it would be release all along :doh:
No, I did not... why do you assume I do?

Shagrat

And now imagine Wags had the Mig19 on his mind while he was answering(was postponed) and the Tomcat will not release this month....oh the shitstorm....:lol::lol::lol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Wags has intimate insider knowledge. Why would he throw something questionable out there knowing the potential shitstorm it would create?

He had to have heard it from Heatblur.

agreed.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog