F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Yes, my friends told me about it.

One said that you used the Joe "Hoser" Satrapa stunt... (calling a Fox One shot, in a previously arranged guns only fight).

And the other... had some hidraulics problem in the middle of the fight.

Because I'm a reasonable guy, and taking into account my superior pilot skills:

- forget guns;

- I'll ask the ground crew to load up the F-14 with one Sidewinder... AIM-9B version.

Best regards !

Seems that Toser did a lot of things that he never did.

Viewpoints are my own.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight, i had a dream. Release will be on April 3rd. There will be a technical issue that needs to be fixed before release.

I can confirm this. I had the same dream, just before I crashed my submarine into a singing elephant

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm punching out at this point. I'm frustrated with coming here several times a day over the last few weeks for updated information on the development of the module, and seeing nothing but fan speculation and few if any official comments or updates from the team. I'm not even talking about more release date info. Just more general info. on the module and how things will look and work. There have been no official videos, hardly any screen shots, no more monthly updates. Half the fun of the build up to an EA release is seeing the module showcased. The lead up to EA for the Hornet was much more enjoyable, and although it was just as hard to wait, it felt much more satisfying having something to look at and follow.

As crazy as it sounds, the silence is just too antagonizing to me. Just my own personal feeling.

So for now, I'm going to refocus on the Hornet, and when the Tomcat hits I'll look at it when I can.

I'm punching out at this point. I'm frustrated with coming here several times a day over the last few weeks for updated information on the development of the module, and seeing nothing but fan speculation and few if any official comments or updates from the team. I'm not even talking about more release date info. Just more general info. on the module and how things will look and work. There have been no official videos, hardly any screen shots, no more monthly updates. Half the fun of the build up to an EA release is seeing the module showcased. The lead up to EA for the Hornet was much more enjoyable, and although it was just as hard to wait, it felt much more satisfying having something to look at and follow.

As crazy as it sounds, the silence is just too antagonizing to me. Just my own personal feeling.

So for now, I'm going to refocus on the Hornet, and when the Tomcat hits I'll look at it when I can.

It will look, fly and smell like a Tomcat. No need to keep showing that.

Viewpoints are my own.

This is the back side of the Hype power curve. Hype Fatigue. At this point I think people just want to know what's getting finished and where that lies on a release timeline. Now I don't think Heatblur HAS to do that. But, this is why a lot of game makers now stay quiet until the disk goes gold. The Anticipation becomes a negative experience after long enough.

I really wish Ralfi would do another stream where he just messes about with the F14. Would tide me over for at least another week ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

This is the back side of the Hype power curve. Hype Fatigue. At this point I think people just want to know what's getting finished and where that lies on a release timeline. Now I don't think Heatblur HAS to do that. But, this is why a lot of game makers now stay quiet until the disk goes gold. The Anticipation becomes a negative experience after long enough.

Yup. That is exactly how I feel. I don't feel that Heatblur has an obligation to do or say anything more than they already have, but the experience of waiting for the release has become negative for me due to the team's general silence and lack of substantive updates.

I feel like the timing and nature of the initial EA announcement together with the information flow ever since has not been handled very well. There is a way to build positive excitement, and then there is a way to build frustration over a drawn out period toward release. I feel Heatblur has failed at the former and succeeded at the later.

You're not the only one who feels this way.

Your will power is amazing, you lasted 21 minutes :megalol:

Yup. That is exactly how I feel. I don't feel that Heatblur has an obligation to do or say anything more than they already have, but the experience of waiting for the release has become negative for me due to the team's general silence and lack of substantive updates.

I feel like the timing and nature of the initial EA announcement together with the information flow ever since has not been handled very well. There is a way to build positive excitement, and then there is a way to build frustration over a drawn out period toward release. I feel Heatblur has failed at the former and succeeded at the later.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

The look and fly I believe. If I notice jet fuel smell out of my computer I'll be worried though. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Your will power is amazing, you lasted 21 minutes :megalol:

Indeed. I think a sense of perspective is required.

I was feeling negative when my first born's heart rate was decreasing during her birth because the umbilical cord was strangling her.

I was negative when waiting for my father's inevitable death in the hospital.

Getting negative and sad over a virtual aircraft release when the devs in question themselves still have close to a couple of months left before their stated release date.......

I am lost for words.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I am lost for words.

Good. Then just shut up and stay quiet. People can't express their opinions unless its wild praise?

I didn't think I had to consider all of my life's great pains and disappointments before expressing frustration with something superficial. I think you're the one that needs to put life in some perspective. Maybe see a therapist? I said I was disappointed and frustrated, not suicidal.

Edited by Jarhead0331

you mean the smell of ass and sweat?

The cockpit smells like canopy polish unless on the boat. Then it smells like canopy polish, jet exhaust, non-skid and oily salt water.

Sometimes when you landed in the early evening, you could smell bread baking in the dirty shirt wardroom. Reminded me of home.

Viewpoints are my own.

Good. Then just shut up and stay quiet. People can't express their opinions unless its wild praise?

I didn't think I had to consider all of my life's great pains and disappointments before expressing frustration with something superficial. I think you're the one that needs to put life in some perspective. Maybe see a therapist? I said I was disappointed and frustrated, not suicidal.

Oh dear. :megalol:

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Don't give up Jarhead0331, everything gets better in 2 weeks!!!!!

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick