F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Next time, you might want to interpret what is actually being said...

Well, to be honest it seems to me that, @MrDieing did interpret things right.

As I do not see the OP asking for anything similar to “can I have it now please” thread either...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is obviously isn't a can i have it now post... And it's a legitimate question. In my opinion though the Viggen has receiver excellent support. What ever features were missing I didn't notice and they continue to upgrade it. The ground radar for example was definitely in a "good enough" condition and no one was complaining about it. Heatblur still put the time and money into it though to give it a really nice upgrade.

I would expect that the F-14 EA goes better than the F-18 and definitely better than the Harrier. The only hickup that I'm fully expecting is that the A model will take much longer to release then people want.

Next time, you might want to interpret what is actually being said...

No, he has it right. You did not read the original post or did not comprehend it.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

yeah, i doubt the 19 is going to hold up the Tomcat. The Cat is the bigger more anticipated module. If anything, it will be the other way around.

I agree, but I think they should both come out tomorrow while I'm still snowed in.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I would expect that the F-14 EA goes better than the F-18 and definitely better than the Harrier. The only hickup that I'm fully expecting is that the A model will take much longer to release then people want.

See, early access is a term with a huge interpretation of a developers view and an end users expectations.

Jester states he expects the F-14 EA to go better than the F-18's is going. So that is his expectations. Heatblur stated they want to release the F-14B nearly complete and that is there view on EA. So this should meet Jesters expectations. I respect Jester's expectations.

For me, I don't mind the super long early access times for certain types of games. DCS being a game I don't mind. But, I enjoy flying pretty much anything I get my hands on, so if I get bored of what the F-18 is currently capable of doing I fly something else for awhile. So to me, I don't see anything wrong in the F-18's EA time.

My suggestion to anyone concerned with EA modules for DCS. Don't pre-order, wait for EA to start. Use the ED community for getting information on how the EA for a specific module looks at its current state. For example: Does the plane currently have all the capabilities you want from EA. If not then don't buy it yet, just wait a few months then check again. The community is big enough that someone will always give you an answer. Then buy into it when you feel it is right and you shouldn't be disappointed.

...Does the plane currently have all the capabilities you want from EA. If not then don't buy it yet, just wait a few months then check again. The community is big enough that someone will always give you an answer. Then buy into it when you feel it is right and you shouldn't be disappointed.

I'd encourage anyone who doesn't buy for this reason (and who otherwise would) to speak up on here though, otherwise the devs will be none the wiser!

Early access is a relatively new phenomenon. The rules are still being established, and I think these kinds of thread (while some may find them annoying) will ultimately help with that.

More patience on the customer side and more transparency from the devs will also help.

Early access is been around us for at least 7-8 years as far I can tell (2012 I bought my first ever over hyped early access game).

For me personally it became very simple.

I don't do early access anymore when it comes to game studio's wanting to make a quick buck. To many times this has gone wrong already. Ill wait for the finished product and see what it is like. Gaming studio's releasing early access games just for the sake so they can get away with game braking bugs etc. and never completing what they promised years ago is becoming a trend and I have had enough of that. So there is my patience :)

For this hobby however I often buy addons to help out the developer, even if I don't have the intention to use the addon (Mostly for P3D though, DCS not so much yet). We live in a niche simulation world (flightsimming in general) often with small development teams working years for just one product, spending a lot of money. Their market isn't as large so they can use the help I guess. And without the devs I wouldn't have this hobby.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

As a type of "in defense" post to HB, I don't mind having to wait for this module compared to some others while we are occasionally flashed stuff our way. Estimating time of release, especially in the developing world is a lot harder than it sounds. Things can come during your development cycle, such as new bugs, missing additions, etc. etc. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because as much as they have said that they would like to get this off of their hands, they wish to perfect this module to something that would (likely) have as little updates as possible.

The only problem to this whole EA thing and "when will it be released" is how in the past we have had certain game dev studios and 3rd parties (that will not be named here) who have somewhat abused the label. While it does mean you get your content faster, it also means that you are also missing out on the full quality of whatever it is. In this case, we are giving up the full quality and immersion of a module to get our hands on it faster.

Well I think it's because they said "EA release during this winter". Now we got messages like "later this month" or the RIO pit being completed or screenshot of 30 people have fun on a MP server, that's why people got a bit impatient like me :)

Maybe they should have say "EA release ON march the 20th 2019" to avoid that.

So now we're obviously getting close maybe they can do some weekly update to let us now what's been made, what they have still to accomplish...That way we would just stop asking HB for a release date

Kind of like what's ED's doing with the Hornet.

That does cool me down :)

I know we're just weeks before the end of march, and regarding their 5 years devlopment, it's nothing. I'm a great fan of their work and each day that passes is a victory to me :joystick:

Really looking forward the next HB vids !

LOL oh yeah great idea, give an actual DATE... Clearly you haven't been here when a published date was missed?

DEAR GOD the pitchforks and torches come out en masse and never go away.

I for one would NEVER provide an actual date to this crowd for anything.

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

LOL oh yeah great idea, give an actual DATE... Clearly you haven't been here when a published date was missed?

How could it be missed ? They said it will be release at the end of winter regardless of it's devlopment status.

So with a DATE, people now when it's coming out but if it's finish earlier you just have a good news for the community :smilewink:

Such absolutist nonsense (if you're not with us then you're against us) is not helpful. Please stop trying to prevent grownup conversation.

If it's good enough for you tubers to play a 10 vs 10 online game, it's good enough for people who bought an early access 3 months ago..

Yes. I am a bit frustrated and jealous :D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

If it's good enough for you tubers to play a 10 vs 10 online game, it's good enough for people who bought an early access 3 months ago..

Yes. I am a bit frustrated and jealous :D

I mean, the mission name says "HB_Test_V2". Mostly likely, some more high profile community members were recruited to help stress-test the multiplayer environment. And maybe help film content for some form of promotion, which if true would most likely be the launch trailer. Either way it means they're there to do work.

This is actually good news. It means it is very close now.

It seriously can't be this hard to wait guys. If you were able to wait for 3+ years, then I am more than sure that you can still wait some more. Complaining that YouTubers having access to the F-14 is a bit ridiculous because they're the ones trying to sponsor and advertise the work and effort put into this module.

Also, I think that MP mission of 10 vs. 10 was likely a launch trailer recording. But that's just me. ;)

We'll discuss our post-release plan before launch. :)

As for people having access-- yes. That's sort of what needs to happen if something is to be tested. You don't balk at "ED Testers" having access to ED betas ahead of time, this is no different. We work with people close to us who we trust.

The more eyes (at this point) the more we fix, the better things are on D-Day.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We'll discuss our post-release plan before launch.

As for people having access-- yes. That's sort of what needs to happen if something is to be tested. You don't balk at "ED Testers" having access to ED betas ahead of time, this is no different. We work with people close to us who we trust.

The more eyes (at this point) the more we fix, the better things are on D-Day.

Good stuff! We're still going to enjoy your product regardless of a date being given. :thumbup: