F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Dear Heatblur.

I want to know what is stopping the release.

Bug elimination? Additional features? Systems?

Can you share list of incomplete item which must be done until release module?

Yeah ! Like those great development updates we use to have :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my interpretation of Early access would be what the "YouTubers" have now. The ability to start learning the jet while other things are still in a WIP state.

I personally wouldn't mind having the jet while the back seat is being worked on, it would seem that there is enough content currently (in the front seat) to allow people to have access to the jet.

I also personally get a little annoyed that "YouTubers" get to have the aircraft before the regular people that have paid for it, like myself. but that is just my personal opinion.

Thanks Specter

Same for me (or I still do not understand the concept of EA...)

I paid for EA meaning that I have understood the product is WIP and potentially still full of bugs.

I would be dumb to pay less and ask for a finished product. :D

Dear Heatblur.

I want to know what is stopping the release.

Bug elimination? Additional features? Systems?

Can you share list of incomplete item which must be done until release module?

Curious too.

Ok, I know we are still far from the end of the release window. But why a window in this case ? I would have prefered a fixed date (20th of March for example).

Weeks later, I'm still glad I did not bite on the predictable price offer. My ten bucks has already made more in interest than I saved from EA purchase...you cannot trust their claims

The best part? You will still buy it at release, and HB will make and extra $10 off of you.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Weeks later, I'm still glad I did not bite on the predictable price offer. My ten bucks has already made more in interest than I saved from EA purchase...you cannot trust their claims

Great:thumbup:

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I can't believe I'm saying this, and many are going to hate me for it, but I'd much prefer for the early access of DCS modules to be abolished across the board.

I don't belong to the "just release it already" crowd and I'd rather wait another year to fly the F-14 and have a fully feature complete module.

What I like about EA access, is the possibility to learn the aircraft step by step. I bought the A-10C a long time ago but never really got into it, simply because I don’t know where to start. Not that its too difficult but just a matter of deciding where to begin.

What I like about EA access, is the possibility to learn the aircraft step by step. I bought the A-10C a long time ago but never really got into it, simply because I don’t know where to start. Not that its too difficult but just a matter of deciding where to begin.

That's more an accident of early access than a feature of early access. Early access should not be the best way for learning a module. What about the people who buy the module later? They'll be just as overwhelmed as you are with the A-10c.

The A-10c has a series of training missions that are a great place to start. Meanwhile early access modules are being opened to the public with no training missions.

I would much prefer complete modules with a detailed set of training tutorials.

Here's the issues as I see it in principle (not just for Heatblur, but for all developers including ED):

During pre-purchasing period

• Purchasers develop a sense of entitlement and hold the developer to release "promises".
  • The developer is forced to eventually release something in order to not go too far over the initially stated release period

Early access period

• The product is now open to the public, despite missing features
    - The public is happy because the module is finally "out"! People know it's early access, but they don't care. It's available and they want it now.
  • As there is no release date/period now, the developer breathes a sigh of relief
    - The module is still worked on, but due to the immense pressure from before release, it's natural to want to slow down
  • The public quite quickly wants the missing features to be added. Many even say the module is "broken" and demand it be fixed!
    - People start to get angry again
  • The developer still needs to pour resources into the module in order to finally finish it. They also need to have a new revenue stream to cover these costs
    - They start work on a new module in order to have the next revenue stream in the pipe.
    While some are excited about the new project, many are annoyed that the developer has started something new without finishing the last module.
  • The result: DCS World is a hodge-podge collection of modules in various states - From minor bugs to missing features and a lack of training, mission and campaign content. Hardly anyone is 100% happy with any particular module

"Don't like early access, don't buy it" is not going to fix the overall current state of DCS World.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

What I like about EA access, is the possibility to learn the aircraft step by step.
I bought the A-10C a long time ago but never really got into it, simply because I don’t know where to start. Not that its too difficult but just a matter of deciding where to begin.

Yep, and it's proving true with the Hornet.

I bought the A-10C a long time ago but never really got into it, simply because I don’t know where to start. Not that its too difficult but just a matter of deciding where to begin.

Respectfully disagree there, the Hawg C is very challenging to master.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

You have an interest rate of over 200% pa? I'd love to join that bank...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I just do not understand the level of butthurt, I mean seriously, they've never given a release date other than end of winter. They aren't doing what ED did, they aren't releasing something that is lacking seemingly 75% of it's functionality.

We are getting something that is very nearly complete, with a whole second plane, an AI plane, basically 4/5 carriers, and two campaigns coming later.

no broken promises or any misleading.

"Chops"

I'm clearly feeling as impatient as the next guy. I want my Cat. We all want our Cat. Believe me, I get it. This time of year, I got pretty much nothing but time. That said, I still support EA and pre-purchase. Not only does it fund development, but these developers can gauge interest in what they're doing. Not by some poll, polls are rarely accurate. Cash in your pocket...that's accurate.

HB has been pretty good about supporting their offerings, and generally communicate with us pretty well. I check daily, usually multiple times, to see if there's anything new on the Cat. Just like you. I'm happy with how they support their product, and mind you, they don't charge you a monthly maintenance fee. We really get pretty good deals here. If (when?) HB offers an A-6, I'll buy it. Pre-purchase, EA, whatever. They're a proven developer, they've earned my trust in the fact that they'll deliver.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

for a discount of 10 $ it is not worth to make the pre-purchase, simple not pre-purchase I have no thoughts, this is for me the last one

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

for a discount of 10 $ it is not worth to make the pre-purchase, simple not pre-purchase I have no thoughts, this is for me the last one

This I agree with. If you're unsure about pre-purchasing it's better to avoid it.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Then why do you want to see what is holding up the release...? Heat blur made it VERY CLEAR that the F-14 would not be released until the end of winter or sometime towards the end of March ..you haven't even bought the Module LOL

The demand for "I WANT IT NOW" mentally in this thread is ridiculous

Just relax . . . it will happen . . . . the more people keep ranting "i want it now, why isn't it here . . " the longer its gonna seem to take mentally.

Just relax, and before you know it you will be strapping in on your first flight of many.

I can wait, and i will gladly, because it is coming . . . .

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.