F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

He he he!

This has to be the most wanted product in DCS right now!

I reckon it is more wanted than the F-18 not because of ability, but because how Heatblur sees the DCS engine maturing into both a single and multi player game... in some ways they truly are pushing the DCS boundaries.

The DEVs choose their testers because like real life test pilots, they want a perfectly neutral test pilots giving them valid highly detailed information that helps them perfect the model...... emotions are useless here.

DCS is finally turning into something more global than it intended, it will be superb!

A KA-52 from these boys would be something very special!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...two more weeks. : )

Honestly, HB will deliver but is any DCS product going to be out in time? and I mean, in the first promised time?

I'm still pretty new here and ED have given expected final dates for the release of DCS World 2.5 and the F/A-18 Hornet, but I believe they were very reluctant to do so previously because dates do have a habit of sliding here.

I figure that when the dev has a good idea of when they can release they put it up for presale, and when they know a firm date they'll give it. I try to take any date given before they start accepting money as a 'best guess'.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

But what does it all mean?!

30 days left!

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

it means work on the KA-52 starts soon!!!!!!!!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hmm, somehow I either feel a "soon" or "very close" coming along to answer your question! :thumbup:

We'll be very close to wto weeks soon luna-trcv.png

At the end of the day, it's just a game, and there are many more important things in life.

Yeah, but these suck rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Well, for a long time I thought I was not gonna participate in this discussion.

Bur, I really think that HB attitude adds to the general frustration due to their bad handling of information flow and updates.

Just to remind everyone: Jan 2017 when Viggen came out they promised F-14 to be released untill the end of 2017 - did not happen and instead of F-14 we got an apoligy and statement that it will for sure be ready in 2018 - did not happen. They promised it will be released during winter 2019 but kept winking at us so everyone was hyped for 12.21.2018 - did not happen.

They failed in keeping at least screenshots and preview videos coming (for example something like hornet academic series by Wags). So I really understand the folks here being frustrated. And I really don't agree with attitude of some people here saying that HB can take all time they need to finish it, because most of us have already paid for this.

To be honest, I think I can wait till March 21st, but the wait itself could be handled hundred times better by HB if they cared enough.

The thing is that once people give you money, they expect something in return - even if it's only some pictures and videos...

it means work on the KA-52 starts soon!!!!!!!!

Yes, soon after they've done the Tornado IDS, the Draken and the A-6E dealwithit.png

Counting the days... well, I'm literally doing this for quite some time. Never know if I'll still live tomorrow rainbowdashwink.png

Seriously... this can mean anything, like "days instead of months" or "instead of weeks" or whatever. Still wishing for the 27th though pc-fcheeks.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So my sentiment is that HB can bring a swift end to all this bickering and speculation by simply stating that either the module will be released no earlier or later than the 20th, or that they will definitely get it out before then. Because regardless of maturity clearly the patience of people has been strained by all the ambiguity.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

As said, there is no product yet. It's a presale. I will become customer by purchasing a product. Buying into presale I am investing in it. Not the company, but product being created.

That sounds like kickstarter etc.

Guys I know everyone is excited about the F-14, but beating each other up isnt going to make it get here any faster. Please try and keep it mature and respectful.

Hello NineLine.

Who is beating up each other and beeing direspectful? No need to intervene. Maybe my post was

ambiguous? It wasn't meant in a bad way. Actually I wanted to support his argument a little...

:huh:

Edited by Cornelius

Without an expectation of profit you have no investment. All you have is the right to a license in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can call it whatever you want, but you aren’t getting anything out of this more than what you’ve paid. Consumer transaction!

Goodness gracious. Pedantic, much?

He's clearly implying that as an early purchaser, he's wanting ED and 3rd parties to succeed. He's investing in the future success of ED/3rd party devs.

He's CLEARLY not saying that he's with private equity and did a leverage buyout of ED. Or purchased shares of founders' stock.

I'm just here to get to 200 pages quicker. Someone said that it'll be released by then. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I never found out where the term "Naval aviator" came from!!!

Victory25 did you pick up some bad habits from working with HB and ED? LOL

GIVE ME THE ANSWER!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very simple. A Naval « pilot » is someone who has special knowledge to guide ships into a harbor. Therefore, « Aviator » was used to differential between ship drivers and aircraft flyers...

Viewpoints are my own.

I'm just here to get to 200 pages quicker. Someone said that it'll be released by then. :D

And on that note :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).