** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Coxy,

there are no benchmarks as such yet, but I can tell you that it is frequently flown on a 760, old CPU, 16GB RAM and on PG, and while with an old rig like that you might have to set your settings to medium, even now, in its not yet completely optimized state, this setup yields consistantly between 45 and 60 FPS, depending on mission heaviness.

Apart from that we are also testing it on high range, medium range and low range input devices in order to get a good picture how she does across the board of plausible systems today.

As for the netcode, you might have heard that wrong, netcode is ED side, and not us.

S!

Yea pretty sure i did hear it wrong thanks for the update on that i know it was long winded :) Thanks for the answer.

One request. Please give us month by month support on the F-14 even if you start developing another plane. The six months of minor support on the Viggen during your 6 month grind on developing the F-14 was painful. I know I shouldn't have bought the Viggen at that time but didn't know it had become broken and wasn't going to get support until the F-14 was near completion.

On the good side though I am super excited for the F-14 and no matter what I will support almost all developers of DCS so long as they support us back :). Thanks for doing a wonderful job on my favorite simulator.

The Viggen has never been broken. There were some issues, yes, but none of them were show stoppers.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This update is much appreciated, I can only wish the best for HB Team during the last developement stage.

I find remarkable the effort you're putting into restoring value in the concept Early Access. I hope the communty understands how are you shaping the 3rd Party enviorment by setting standards of quality and commitment.

Thanks!

In more exciting news; this week we’ll be distributing the first outside PR builds to some of our community’s content creators!

I really really hope that you are able to get Bunyap to record a Test Flight series for the Tomcat, as he did with the Viggen ... I miss his content so much :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The F/A-18 was being spoken of as being imminent years before it entered EA. Fast forward to a month after release and I don't remember seeing any complaints about the wait.

Most people don't hold onto grudges about access dates. You're working to deliver a high quality experience from the start of EA, and that is the only thing that people will care about a month after release, whenever that might be.

Edited by Horns
Corrected date statements

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Awesome update, thanks for taking time to post all this info.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The Viggen has never been broken. There were some issues, yes, but none of them were show stoppers.

There was a period this year when DCS would crash if you flew more than one mission in the Viggen. It was reported on the forums and fixed by HB within ~2 weeks iirc.

Other than that yeah, nothing major has gone wrong with the module in the year that I've owned it.

Great update, so thanks for that Cobra.

On another note Im a little bit sad that LANTIRN is one of the "blocking" systems that can potentially hold up the release of this great bird, as IMO it is not something that is essential for early access enjoyment.

Just look at the state Hornet was released at, and how many essential systems are still missing from the current build (such as TWS and HARM to name but two examples though there are many more) but that still doesn't change the fact that many are enjoying the EA of the Hornet.

Like a few in this thread already noted you can't please everyone but Heatblur is certainly trying to do so and this is certainly deserving of praise, however I do hope that in so doing they don't inadvertently end up delaying the release for far too long, and displeasing all.

With all of that said I wish them all the best, and I have the absolute confidence that this is already the best module in DCS even though it is still in Alpha and still out of our grubby little hands.

I will (pre)order on the day that the release date is announced, of that you can be sure.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I am positively excited from these screenshots, they loook amazing.

And that's probably the first time since I have honestly been excited by screenshots since the late 90's or something.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

What are "Dynamic Cockpit Systems"?

Hi,

thank you for the question. Our Dynamic Cockpit System has been developed to reflect the individuality so many Tomcats (and in general military aircraft) displayed and display. Against common conviction, not all cockpits look the same, sometimes mechanics will put certain non critical panels back into the pit in a different order, sometimes they will replace your seat cushion, sometimes they will leave a panel even out (when not needed for the mission) and so on. Thus each airframe's cockpit can potentially look slightly different.

This is what we want to recreate with the dynamic cockpit system. Depending on the airframe you will be sitting in, panel positions might change slightly, seat cushions will be different and so forth. We hope to further increase the immersion with that and also offer a bigger variety for your Tomcat experience. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

thanks for update, and i do agree with the rest, don´t push yourselves up to the point that this passion of yours for creating amazing stuff, ends up being a burden and wears you out and discourages you from doing the fine work that you have being doing so far. After all, this is for entertainment and it should continue to be so, for the users, as well as for the developers. We can wait, enjoy your holidays.

That's totally going to lead to me leaning out of the cockpit and yelling at invisible ground crew for screwing up my jet, while the very human RIO in the back wonders what he got himself into.

“When I get back you’re going to fix these panels THE MOMENT you finish cleaning the rear cockpit!”

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)