** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

Hello,

Why would it sound bad ?

Nobody here owes anything to anyone.

People are only expected to buy the product out of their own free will.

Some will buy it before it is available, others will only buy it the day it gets released.

Eitherway, people will buy it only when or if, they decide they want to.

That's all.

I guess I was thinking it would make me sound like a bad fan. I jumped on the hornet pre order I think a week or two before it was suppose to become available. It just made the wait for me feel less longer if that makes any sense.

I know heatblur does great work because I bought the viggen randomly and was surprised how authentic and detailed it felt, which encouraged me to learn it and enjoy it more.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We released an hour of F-14 footage through the content creators we've been supporting over the last week. :) That was our plan for the "development update" this week.

To be completely fair; it's not a development update per se; but I figured it would be more enjoyable than anything I could drop in here.

We're still hard at work on most of the items listed in the OP and moving rapidly towards RC1. I'll put together a meatier and more detailed status report for next week.

Why+do+they+have+human+ears+and+animal+ears+_446d301ecaf5587761368f9e20372abc.jpg

I dunno...I'm getting to the point that I really don't want to hear anything from the development team until release is really imminent. I rather delude myself into thinking that release could come any day, then see a status update that leads me to believe its not for weeks to come.

I dunno...I'm getting to the point that I really don't want to hear anything from the development team until release is really imminent. I rather delude myself into thinking that release could come any day, then see a status update that leads me to believe its not for weeks to come.

I find it harder to care all that much, even though I'll buy the Tomcat next paycheck. It'll be here when it arrives, not sooner or later than that. Just WHEN that will be is, to be, irrelevant.

Then again, I've been called far to patient before :P

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I find it harder to care all that much, even though I'll buy the Tomcat next paycheck. It'll be here when it arrives, not sooner or later than that. Just WHEN that will be is, to be, irrelevant.

Then again, I've been called far to patient before :P

Yeah...some of us aren't as I-Ching, one with our spirit, as others...:music_whistling:

Yeah...some of us aren't as I-Ching, one with our spirit, as others...:music_whistling:

That's ok :P Although with your join-date for this board being 2008, you should know patience by now :P

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Whenever it goes live, Cobra..

You guys probably put yourselves under more pressure, than the vocal minority of the community does.

We know you will bring forth a beautiful Tomcat, given your past record.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Whenever it goes live, Cobra..

You guys probably put yourselves under more pressure, than the vocal minority of the community does.

We know you will bring forth a beautiful Tomcat, given your past record.

Exactly! I think they should relieve the pressure of any nitpicking community members and just keep quiet until it is ready to release. Honesty I don’t understand what some very loud people think, that by kicking up dust and having dummy spits will somehow either make HB work faster or harder? Just let them do there thing, we’ve waited years, so what is a couple more months for God’s sake? So I think Cobra should just keep his focus on the task ahead rather than the community unless he really has something worth mentioning, such as an imminent release or the RIO pit.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Had to bust these out of storage for the hype of it!

USN AE1 2001-2015, these photos are from 2004 CVN-73 Deployment. VF-11, VF-143

Thanks for posting those, great to see the cat doing what she did whenever she was deployed :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

What is the crime in simply being really excited for the release of this module and expressing disappointment and frustration over the wait? At least with my comments here, there is no attack on the developer. In fact, it is to the contrary...the excitement is a credit to what Heatblur has so apparently accomplished. Really, there is no need to "rush" to the defense of the developer here. Relax.

What is the crime in simply being really excited for the release of this module and expressing disappointment and frustration over the wait? At least with my comments here, there is no attack on the developer. In fact, it is to the contrary...the excitement is a credit to what Heatblur has so apparently accomplished. Really, there is no need to "rush" to the defense of the developer here. Relax.

Nothing wrong in being really excited. You should have seen my reaction to the Viper-reveal on the tail-end of the 2018 highlights-video!

The reason I advocate keeping ones exitement on a leash is because I also know from bitter experience that sometimes what you get won't live up to the hype you've made in your own head.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Hello

here in France when we go on steam to put the F14 in the basket it is written February 15, 2018? an error on the year that would mean that it will be available on February 15, 2019?

See screen

1547061686-sans-titre.png

it is a place holder date since Steam does not allow release date windows like Dec. 21st, 2018 - March 20th, 2019, as Heatblur has stated.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

So as a VR-holic and future virtual RIO, and Tomcat crew, I've got a few "worries" about the upcoming module.

Namely:

1) Jeaster AI is to much AI and to little human - he will spot, report and manage all systems faster and better than a human RIO - making MP pilots prefer JEASTER to a human RIO.

Ideally would be that flying the F14 with only Jeaster is only 75- 80% effective vs 100% in Multicrew.

2a) RIO in VR, making it hard to see and find targets on the radarscope due to lower PD in VR.

2b) VR optimization causing low FPS due to all nice details (and prefered high PD, see 2a), this in combination with not controlling the flight inputs your self = motionsickness.

3) Lack of in-game tutorials and training for RIO position to be able improve as RIO outside online sessions.

4) Time separated ejection sequence making it a high probability for RIO to hit the canopy during ejection in a flat spinn ;-)

A part of NOSIG

Edited by Salsam

So as a VR-holic and future virtual RIO, and Tomcat crew, I've got a few "worries" about the upcoming module.

Namely:

1) Jeaster AI is to much AI and to little human - he will spot, report and manage all systems faster and better than a human RIO - making MP pilots prefer JEASTER to a human RIO.

Ideally would be that flying the F14 with only Jeaster is only 75- 80% effective vs 100% in Multicrew.

2a) RIO in VR, making it hard to see and find targets on the radarscope due to lower PD in VR.

2b) VR optimization causing low FPS due to all nice details (and prefered high PD, see 2a), this in combination with not controlling the flight inputs your self = motionsickness.

3) Lack of in-game tutorials and training for RIO position to be able improve as RIO outside online sessions.

4) Time separated ejection sequence making it a high probability for RIO to hit the canopy during ejection in a flat spinn ;-)

A part of NOSIG

Number 1 is already implemented in Jester in a far more effective way. ;)

He is simulated like a human being and not as an AI. If he is heads down in the cockpit (looking on the radar) he can't spot anything outside. if he looks out the canooy to the right he can't see anything outside his field of view. Switching buttons or entering stuff in the cockpit he can't spot anything, as he is "distracted" and finally there is a demo of Jester typing the coordinates of a target into the system, numbers one by one, as a human would need to do.

He is a well trained RIO, but not a Robot with omnivision and far from infallible.

EDIT added the video.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Number 1 is already implemented in Jester in a far more effective way. ;)

He is simulated like a human being and not as an AI. If he is heads down in the cockpit (looking on the radar) he can't spot anything outside. if he looks out the canooy to the right he can't see anything outside his field of view. Switching buttons or entering stuff in the cockpit he can't spot anything, as he is "distracted" and finally there is a demo of Jester typing the coordinates of a target into the system, numbers one by one, as a human would need to do.

He is a well trained RIO, but not a Robot with omnivision and far from infallible.

EDIT added the video.

He types to slow, to me at least. I'm like 3x as fast with a mouse. It's it's crazy slow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

He types to slow, to me at least. I'm like 3x as fast with a mouse. It's it's crazy slow.

Well, Jester is 68 years old now. Cut him some slack.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Read, type, verify...read next, type, verify... and so on. I am not even sure if the RIO needs to divert his attention to instruments while entering coordinates, in a single seater the pilot definitely needs to keep awareness of the surrounding, the basic instrument check flow while typing coordinates, so I guess we are pretty privileged in DCS without G-forces, turbulence, or the very real threat of dying, if we mess up, while typing on the UFC... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)