Why don't slow aircraft have heat blur?

ED felt you didn't deserve it vvanks. So you didnt get it!:P

Honestly, I dont know why. I always love to watch Bill and John Episode 2 so I can watch my A-10 with full blast heat blur!

Probably because low speed aircraft don't get so much in the way of heat blur IRL. There is method to the madness . . . .

Slow aircraft generally have high-bypass-ratio turbofans. This means lots of cold air from the bypass fan, and only a little hot air from the core.

Fast aircraft have lower bypass ratios (to get the high exhaust gas velocities needed for high-speed flight), which means a little cold air from the bypass fan and lots of hot air from the core.

Also, i think because these slow aircraft are constantly doing AG missions, there's a lot of explosions and stuff go on everywhere so fps is kinda bad enough, if they threw in heat blur, i think that would cause some computers to really have a heart attack. I would love to see it one day with a mod or soemthing, but i guess we just gotta live with it at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You see heat blur behind even Falcon and Cessna biz jets. But the effect is usually switched off on my LOMAC options panel in order to save my sad old PC.

Perhaps BS will give us shimmering mirage effects above hot tarmac when the weather is set to hot :-)

• Like 1

Cause it would be on the whole time and FPS issues.

FPS issues are you kidding me? LockOn runs on my comp at a steady 40+ ~ FPS (after 40FPS I stop noticing any difference) on uber maxified complete awesomeness settings.

Why not just give all jet engines a slight heat blur. I know the heat bluring is based on a slider, why not just give it a little bit. Same goes for afterburner, give it a miniscule amount of heatblur ALL the time so it doesn't look like a polygon cone.

I could be wrong, but I think VVAnks is into the art of LOMAC, and heat blur is a big part of that.

Do servers force this setting on the clients?

No, you're absolutely right. I'm wondering if anyone can mod it in. It's just a small tweak that gives all engines a slight heat blur.

You can even see heat blur on Helicopters;

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1212514/L/

If it would be on all the time for the slow jets then why don't we see heat blur on all jets when AB isn't engaged? I always thought in LO it was linked to the speed of the aircraft, as long as your AB's are off and your going slow enough then heat blur is visible.

And even when I was running Lockon on a GF3 Heat blur didn't affect my fps one bit, I wonder if its just bugged on some systems :huh: .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.