F/A-18 Situation Awareness (SA) Display Format.

EcceHomo

Finally found the image of SA
There are more pictures shared here in the forum, like the attached.

1.16,%20must%20include%20the%20link%20to%20the%20document%20showing%20it%20is%20ok%20to%20share.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Edited by NineLine
1.16, must include the link to the document showing it is ok to share.

There are more pictures shared here in the forum, like the attached.

1.16,%20must%20include%20the%20link%20to%20the%20document%20showing%20it%20is%20ok%20to%20share.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Your picture is from 《Integration of Tactical Imagery in the F/A-18 Super Hornet 》

Of course, my picture comes from an AGM-154 paper. No SA data for F-18C have been found at present.

Edited by NineLine

For the SA page to fully function will also require a major change to the ME, it seems to me, because there must be some means of adding all the non-flight path waypoints that define the lines, pre-planned targets, AD locations, etc. Will probably be some time before we see that.

For the SA page to fully function will also require a major change to the ME, it seems to me, because there must be some means of adding all the non-flight path waypoints that define the lines, pre-planned targets, AD locations, etc. Will probably be some time before we see that.
Not necessarily, it could work like the KA-50 ABRIS. Where you 'prepare' the mission and set all these wp In the cockpit and the state is then saved in the mission.

Though having the functionality insidr the ME (à la combatFlite) would be much more convenient

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

in other words, it is a complete game changer when it comes to SA in the sim, and no other module in DCS is comparable when its implemented

To be honest I think it's truly a first in combat flight sim history. True other sims / modules have modeled simple datalinks, but these are often just own ship/flight symbols that magically appear on a HSI.

It looks like ED are trying to model separate data radios / networks that might actually require some detail setup before use. No one knows for sure how in depth this will be, but it looks interesting. Definitely a first for combat sims that I know of.

SA should not have the ability to input route points or other coordinates, but should be able to use HSI information or TAMMAC information for editing.The focus should be on TAMMAC

Not necessarily, it could work like the KA-50 ABRIS. Where you 'prepare' the mission and set all these wp In the cockpit and the state is then saved in the mission.

Though having the functionality insidr the ME (à la combatFlite) would be much more convenient

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Threat charts need TAMMAC support, otherwise there is no way to display digital maps similar to ABRIS threat symbols. TAMMAC uses AMU to load to MC.

To be honest I think it's truly a first in combat flight sim history. True other sims / modules have modeled simple datalinks, but these are often just own ship/flight symbols that magically appear on a HSI.

It looks like ED are trying to model separate data radios / networks that might actually require some detail setup before use. No one knows for sure how in depth this will be, but it looks interesting. Definitely a first for combat sims that I know of.

It's going to be wonderful. Hopefully it will result in ending the welded wingman that everyone does now (because it's really really hard to keep visual with flight lead from more than a mile away in game) and people can now be in 1-5 mile line abreast formations to focus on working their sensors instead of using 90% of brain bytes staying with but not hitting lead, especially with a more realistic radar that will prove more difficult to use than simplistic FC3 radars that lock in .1 seconds after you hit the TDC.

Do we have SA page now?

SA page will be implementaded later:

In parallel, the team is hard at work on the HARM, datalink (SA page, MIDS, Link-16), FLIR rendering tech, and A/G rendering tech.

All of this will be part of 2.5.4.

Edited by Weasel