What after the F18

Fonz_408

The main issue with lights for me is the cockpit/obscured surface leaks, nothing worst than turning on your strobe in the huey and having it light up and revolve around in the cockpit, same with the nav lights, even in the Hornet we have those kind of leaks like the landing light, pretty sure ED is aware of it and will fix this

By the way AH-1 and MI-24 are already announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, the strobe issues and the passing through the ac structure of lights and the use of the puff ball textures still..etc. I mean all of them. I am not so sure ED can fix them though. The threads and posts get ignored and the issues have existed since 2.X and deferred shading came into play. I just think they hit a wall and can't fix it. Be sad if so. We shall see.

And yep, knew those 2 birds are coming, just not soon enough as always..lol. Once they do arrive though, oh man gonna be nice.

Can't help being really pissed off or just really sad to see how rotaries were completely ignored in this video. This is almost insulting. Hell, even the Yak 52 made it. This is a big deception and I feel really let down by ED on this one. 2019 is apparently going to be a pretty lousy year for us rotorheads.

I totally agree with you !

I just saw the video, rien, nada, nickx, nicht, keine rotary wing !!!

I now understand why no news on the Mi-24 since more than one year !

The F-16...are you kiding me..;The F-18 is not finished yet....The F-14 is coming...what's the value of one more US modern fighter ????

For those who are waiting for the F-16...and I know that there are many of you...Enjoy !

But watch out...all is subject to change...The Mi-24 project is a good example.

I remember a DCS movie with Wags commenting a nice Mi-24 landed just next to the taxiway clearly referring to this project cry.gif

Edited by Razorback

A-10C and Ka-50 cockpits are getting converted to new textures, P-51D has another variant with new higher octane coming later, the K-4 and D-9 are getting new cockpits, all the WWII warbirds are getting their cooling reworked, and a DM is in internal testing. Much more beyond that... there is a very nice balance of new and update/fixing going on if you look close enough.
The cooling system(s) is getting reworked??

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Oh yeah, the strobe issues and the passing through the ac structure of lights and the use of the puff ball textures still..etc. I mean all of them. I am not so sure ED can fix them though. The threads and posts get ignored and the issues have existed since 2.X and deferred shading came into play. I just think they hit a wall and can't fix it. Be sad if so. We shall see.

And yep, knew those 2 birds are coming, just not soon enough as always..lol. Once they do arrive though, oh man gonna be nice.

That would really surprise me that it would be a fault in the engine itself, I’d say it’s more of a remnant effect from merging the « old » stuff with the new engine but I could be wrong, I just really hope they can fix it cause it’s ruining night ops big time

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Can't help being really pissed off or just really sad to see how rotaries were completely ignored in this video. This is almost insulting. Hell, even the Yak 52 made it. This is a big deception and I feel really let down by ED on this one. 2019 is apparently going to be a pretty lousy year for us rotorheads.

Yeah, very sad...:cry:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Cannot wait for the F16 after that latest awesome video! ED and WAGS should also remember how good the A10C and KA50 is and bring their textures up to the AV8B or F18 standards, would re-invent and re-advertise two legendary air-frames there.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Cannot wait for the F16 after that latest awesome video! ED and WAGS should also remember how good the A10C and KA50 is and bring's their textures up to the AV8B or F18 standards, would re-invent and re-advertise two legendary air-frames there.

It’s already in the works

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Really pissed off? Really sad? Almost insulted? Deception no less?

I can't relate at all. It's a promo movie for a video game and it is well done. Are you serious about this? If you have a lousy 2019, please don't let it be because of a desktop entertainment product.

You didn't think the movie was good? Maybe you didn't like the song...

I'm also interested. What exactly getting reworked?
I'd hope that coolant relief valves get added to the Mustang. Something I've been pushing for.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

They are restricted from doing any modern Red jets. At least no Russian jets that are newer than the 1950's. I would love to see Su-17, MiG-23/25/27 at least...

Ok, just follow this list of USSR aircraft and stop where the Russian Government tells you too...;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_the_Soviet_Union_and_the_CIS

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

If the rule on posting aircraft documents comes into place from 1980 onward I'd assume that high fidelity Russian jets can't be from 1980 onward either.

Just pure speculation.

I'd love more high fidelity jets of any side from the middle of the cold war.

If the rule on posting aircraft documents comes into place from 1980 onward I'd assume that high fidelity Russian jets can't be from 1980 onward either.

Just pure speculation.

I'd love more high fidelity jets of any side from the middle of the cold war.

why would you assume that when this rule only applies to forums users?

the ED and 3rd parties have used non classified documentation for research from the post 1980 time period pertinent for the aircraft to the specific time frame they are representing

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It's just fun to speculate, but it made a little sense considering I couldn't think of many reason there's a rule against posting otherwise public info on post 1980 aircraft on a Russian website.

Guess now we know it's the F-16, it's time for a 'What's after the F-16?' thread xD

The next aircraft absolutely must be ... (to be continued). ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

More American jets.... yippee!.... not!

Superb video from ED by the way, possibly their best yet. probably emotionally the best ever, it all tied together with what we want and where we are going perfectly. very nice. lovely song.... Top notch.

The F-16 is a long time coming, it is an essential airframe that the community wants.

But for sure the balance goes from bad to worse in regards to east and west.

Where are the Russian study sim jets?

I cannot think of any excuse why an early mig 29 is not in development.... are they that bad that the Russian government will not release data?

I am starting to believe that Russian jets are a joke when it comes to targeting.

Try harder ED, hard core Russian jet sims please!

I am a chopper dude, I love me choppers..... I only love me choppers

I love choppers long time!

Where is the choppers at!

where is the hind?

Where is the Apache!?! Again an east/west deficiency, where is the western weapon of intent?

The western heavy load weapon!

Is it me?

some noob gonna suggest a BO-105 is coming as a replacement to a weapon like the AH-1W, AH-64A, AH-64D or tiger?

Any knob out there got some wet comment like that?

And where the hell is the popping Christmas lights?

It is me is it not, It is me rightt?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 months later...
A-10C and Ka-50 cockpits are getting converted to new textures, P-51D has another variant with new higher octane coming later, the K-4 and D-9 are getting new cockpits, all the WWII warbirds are getting their cooling reworked, and a DM is in internal testing. Much more beyond that... there is a very nice balance of new and update/fixing going on if you look close enough.

Are we going to see this in the Spitfire?