DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

F16 coming in 2019?

already? Hornet isnt even out of EA. Id hope they manage to finish that within the 2019 timeframe before leaping to to a F16 release ( even if its only EA with missing features)

Much of the current system development for the F/A-18C is creating a prototype implementation of those systems in DCS.

Once the prototype system has been created, further implementations are easier and quicker to develop.

Cheers.

This, fifty times. Probably more, if you quote every time something similar got posted here. ;)

I think you guys are missing the point. I would love all those things and more. You are NEVER going to get that level of accuracy for aircraft in current use. The best you will get is Jane's level open source approximations. The people with access to that kind of info necessary for the full monty level of DCS accuracy sign NDAs.

I.e. that level of accuracy for Vietnam is reasonable, otherwise it's like saying "I want a full fidelity F-35". The information that is publicly available for release in an entertainment hobby product is not and will not ever be accurate. The F-14 that everybody is all excited about is retired. It went into active service before I was born. The A model had vacuum tubes iirc. F-5 vs F-14 dissimilar in DCS is as accurate as things need to be for hobby purposes.

If ED can get a full fidelity F-16C block 5x circa late 80's early 90's out in EA in 2019 I will literally throw money at the screen. I would love to have a full fidelity MiG-29 as a counterpart but one with maybe a clickable cockpit that is a close approximation is all we are going to get. It's real simple if ED could sell one, they would, why wouldn't they?

I far as "balancing" I don't play online enough to have a valid opinion. I've read whole threads where people argue about missile performance envelopes and radar ranges like they actually know what they are talking about. It's very amusing.

If it can't be accurate what's the point but to balance online game play? 109 vs Spitfire, great example of accurate flight models dictating tactics. Applying that to anything 4th gen and up with radars, jammers, IFF, etc. is an exercise in futility. I don't consider that an arguable opinion, it's the reality of our hobby and how good these sims have gotten.

Look up Combat Tree circa air war Vietnam. Spoiler alert: intel guys hacked Vietnamese comms and IFF. That info is almost 50 years old and I'm not sure how you'd incorporate it into online play without a whole bunch of MiGs getting shot down. But it would be historically accurate.

Most of the hornet's weapon systems are also used by F-16.

So, can we assume that we are not going to wait another one year for weapons to be implemented like we have been doing for the hornet?

Can maverick, flir, AA radar, AG radar be implemented easily to F-16, or are they going to be done from the scracth like in hornet?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Most of the hornet's weapon systems are also used by F-16.

So, can we assume that we are not going to wait another one year for weapons to be implemented like we have been doing for the hornet?

Can maverick, flir, AA radar, AG radar be implemented easily to F-16, or are they going to be done from the scracth like in hornet?

I bet it goes a bit faster since they won’t have to invent A2G radar for the sim and re-do the IR modeling. Data link and IFF simulations will be complete as well. Along with PFMs for the missiles and weapons

Its gonna be like the gulf map. It took ED years to implement the Nevada Map since doing so required edge. But once they finally fleshed it out. PG map only took a few months. Once you’ve got good workflows and procedures for doing things nailed down the process accelerates.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I bet it goes a bit faster since they won’t have to invent A2G radar for the sim and re-do the IR modeling. Data link and IFF simulations will be complete as well. Along with PFMs for the missiles and weapons

Its gonna be like the gulf map. It took ED years to implement the Nevada Map since doing so required edge. But once they finally fleshed it out. PG map only took a few months. Once you’ve got good workflows and procedures for doing things nailed down the process accelerates.

i think you are right...its the same i think as well.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Well thays one reason I'm not interested in 4th generation stuff. I think Dcs should focus on cold war stuff. But anything done in the name of "balancing" the sides I'm boycotting. I know I can'tknow what's accurateand whats not. But ED will do the best it can then fill in the blanks. But if they announce we nerfed this or buffed that for balance than why would we even be here?

Very nice, thx SVTONY.

I cant wait to fly this thing in VR.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

RyboPops,

Are you asking about Operational Flight Program (OFP) ?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why M5?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

EDSA

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3443831&postcount=25

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

So we get all the Gucci weapons and avionics to play with...JSOW, JASSM, EGBU-12, ASMS, JMPS, EGI, J standard L16, etc.

M5 does not guarantee all those weapons. Some require M7, doubt we can get that one.

To whom it may concern,

I think it’s time for a full fidelity Millineum Falcon. That was released in the early 70s and I am pretty sure the NDAs have been lifted.

To whom it may concern,

No, of course there is no guarantee, but M5 is when the capability to employ them was added. The later the tape the better IMO. I know there are a few Viper pilots willing to help. There was a Viper pilot in my former BMS squadron that was willing to help the devs get BMS to an M6 level with the unclass info. I'm trying to get in touch with him again and get him over here.

Non of this matter to DCS, just an excuse for me to talk about the F-16, I am not expert.

This is all for conversation sake.

but M5 is when the capability to employ them was added.

Looking around, OFP Tape M5 was introduce to USAF F-16CM block 40 to 52 on TCTO 1F-16-2570 (ECP 2602). F-16.net article (here)states F-16AM got those capabilities on M5.1 circa 2008, while wiki.scramble.nl states the m5.1 tapes came around 2004, but those capabilities where introduce in tape M6.1.

Looking at fiscal year 2011 budget, M5/5+ was already introduce by 2010, with M5.2 in testing and M6.5/7 on the works.

I know when I left the USAF in 2012, there where still USAF block 40 flying with M4.3+

Finally, OFP tapes are for F-16 with MMC, which performs functions formerly hosted in the fire control computer, stores management set, and the HUD electronic unit. Without the MMC, the updates are call System Capabilities Updates (SCU).

So we need to find out if our DCS USAF F-16 Block 50 will have a MMC, when was TCTO 1F-16-2570 introduce, to what aircraft and what capabilities did it bring.

To whom it may concern,

Although we are far from a release date yet, i already count the days.

Finally coming back home after more than 25 years.

Thanks for doing the Viper, ED <3

Yeah...when Falcon 3.0 was release, I was like "WOW!" And here we are ready for another WOW.

Almost an emotional moment. All kidding aside.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

who is development the module, ED or a partner?

Was Belsimtek (of Huey fame) who got folded into ED.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

All but the earliest Block 50 models have been upgraded to Block 50D standard. See f16.net

when was TCTO 1F-16-2570 introduce, to what aircraft and what capabilities did it bring.

According to CodeOneMagazine, "New-production Block 50/52 aircraft ordered after 1996 include color multifunction displays, the modular mission computer, and a multichannel video recorder." The Lockheed Martin F-16 A/B MLU Production Tape M1 "Pilot's Guide" I have (declassified, available on the internet via FOI) dated 15 November 1998 definitely refers to MMC functionality.

Disclaimer: as an old Falcon4/AF driver getting back in the saddle I would literally throw money at a hi-fi F-16 model using the DCS engine.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

According to CodeOneMagazine, "New-production Block 50/52 aircraft ordered after 1996 include color multifunction displays, the modular mission computer, and a multichannel video recorder."

So from aircraft #90-0801 to 94-0049 (197 USAF F-16C block 50) did not start with MMC, we will see which one they model.

F/A-18C we have in DCS is base on a batch of only 10 aircraft so we will have to wait and see.

To whom it may concern,