DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Because it is as fruitful and often as civilized to discuss why is religion x is better than religion y, and why political view 1 is absolute crap while political view 2 is the only true path.

Besides, this is a company's own product forum. Rarely such venues allow for discussion of other products in the same field. There are other channels on the net if you wish to do so.

if you think a flight sim is on the same level as religion, the perhaps you need a less intense hobby

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

it is like a religion because the audience by and large operates not on what is true, but what they believe to be true.

you can see it flare up here especially when f*lcon players start playing semantics games with actual sme's, and considering how annoying it already is even with the rules in place, i can only imagine it being worse if allowed free reign.

Edited by probad

I think that whoever takes it as a religion is not a true flight lover is not having a real hobby. I feel there is too much fear of comparing two sims and its products. The important thing is not to insult anyone and not to lie about personal matters, however it is not possible to ignore the fact that some sims have better graphics or a better campaign etc.

For me, the comparison is useful only if you look to the future. I am not on anyone's side, I simply follow and hope for those who continue to progress. A sim that remains stationary, dies.

Edited by The Falcon

How many mavs will this version of the F-16 be able to hold on one rack? Can it carry the triple tier?

One on station 3 and one on station 7. Station 4 and 6 (where the wing tanks are normally in A/G configs) does not have video feed. Nearly 20 years and counting around different versions of the Viper, never seen the LAU-88 loaded on the Viper in any employment.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

One on station 3 and one on station 7. Station 4 and 6 (where the wing tanks are normally in A/G configs) does not have video feed. Nearly 20 years and counting around different versions of the Viper, never seen the LAU-88 loaded on the Viper in any employment.

:cry: That makes me feel old...lol, nearly 20 years now? Back on the multiviper days you had barely come in. Man I'm old.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Love this

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Do you guys think ED will implement Auto-GCAS? Looks pretty awesome. Also, interesting how the radar altimeter has a range beyond 10000ft, while the Hornet stops at 5000. At least I think it does, never played BMS.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3794483&postcount=349

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3799781&postcount=183

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3807366&postcount=60

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:cry: That makes me feel old...lol, nearly 20 years now? Back on the multiviper days you had barely come in. Man I'm old.

Right?! Doesn’t make me feel great either.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

lol

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

https://imgur.com/gallery/MQRAI46

Its actually from the youtube video comment section.

What? They give us the Viper this year? 2019? Really? I must be dreaming. And I'm about to continue dreaming until my dreams come true...

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

What? They give us the Viper this year? 2019? Really? I must be dreaming. And I'm about to continue dreaming until my dreams come true...
No.. not for sure...

Wags made a post saying that the YouTube comment you reference was made by some media relation or whatever person who is not able to say it.. so yeah.. maybe it was a slip and 2019 is their target.. but that is actually not official and we should not hold them to that statement...

But.. we can HOPE!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Can somebody explain why the Block 50 and the Block 52 have different engines?

Just different options for different costumers. They even try a

versions. Now even the F-15 has the same options in relation to engines..

What was the point of that?

Same as questions one

Is there even a difference in the Block 50 from the Block 52, other than the engines?
Depends on the country, the year. For the most part intake and the engine is different. But they have different equipment on different countries and at different times (meaning they have different update/upgrade schedules). Some block 52 users are limited to the weapons US will sell them, others don't see the need to spend extra on more advance equipment for their needs so they use older equipment.
Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

No.. not for sure...

Wags made a post saying that the YouTube comment you reference was made by some media relation or whatever person who is not able to say it.. so yeah.. maybe it was a slip and 2019 is their target.. but that is actually not official and we should not hold them to that statement...

But.. we can HOPE!

That is REALLY optimistic.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Beta testing will be open to all when ready, but if you mean closed alpha testing probably not likely. If you had experience as a real viper pilot maybe, but a virtual viper pilots experience is only as good as the software those years are based on and ED is not looking to recreate any other sims. All of their comparative testing of the flight model I'm sure will be against real life performance data and real pilot experience..

But as soon as they are ready they will open it to us, like they have done with the FA-18.. you would agree that is very much a beta product that they have us test when ready.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Can somebody explain why the Block 50 and the Block 52 have different engines? What was the point of that? Is there even a difference in the Block 50 from the Block 52, other than the engines?

It could be a couple of things...a matter of not putting all your eggs in one basket...

A.) You don't want an engine problem associated with a particular engine grounding your entire fleet...

B.) supply and demand...if the engines manufacture cant supply the engines as fast as Lockheed is building the airframes...

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

If anyone is interested, I found this book on the F16 to be quite good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Dynamics-F-16-Fighting-Falcon-Manual-1978-onward-all-marks-Hardc/263586649719?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Cheap, too! :thumbup: Though I'm pretty sure many of you here already know more than this book does!

s-l400.jpg.c6b04a4545c38e1dbc2abdc4499b564c.jpg

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Ten months to go :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day,

a few questions to the SMEs here:

Does the CJ Viper employ a brake chute? If yes, is it installed in the spine at the bottom of the tail fin? Is any other equipment unloaded then (ECM jammer?).

How long would be the needed runway length for a clean landing configuration with lets say 3000 lbs fuel approx?

Given the similaritys in the engines, does the Viper like the Cat with Zone 5 AB also need around 900lbs/min fuel?

Thank you very much