DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

This is exciting.

:smartass::lol:

03C4tnCFEMQ

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

and the first Mi-24 cockpit pics. Better late than never.

Keep in mind back in 2008 VR was not a factor, so those cockpit models will have needed to be redone anyway, as can be seen in our current MiG-21 and others...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

oh wow - so the F16 has been in the works for over 10 years?

Not continiously and work has been pretty much restarted at one point as far as I know, but the plan to make a F-16 for DCS is more than 10 years old, yes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not continiously and work has been pretty much restarted at one point as far as I know, but the plan to make a F-16 for DCS is more than 10 years old, yes.

I guess the most of the time is spent researching and gathering reliable and unclassified information? When you see what has gone and still going into the F-18 you can understand and respect the development.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
I guess the most of the time is spent researching and gathering reliable and unclassified information? When you see what has gone and still going into the F-18 you can understand and respect the development.

While a very early cockpit and external model began work many years ago, this was all redone this year as our tech had radically changed. Avionics, flight model, etc. only started in October of last year.

Thanks

With todays news, I certainly feel the hype train coming, its rumble in my tummy.

FgH4PC.gif

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wow! I honestly did not realistically expect to see the F-16 this year. Seems ED are getting much more efficient in their development based on the experience gained from previous modules.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Well. This was a bit unexpected, especially with the fuss about the 2019 comment on YouTube that our colleagues at Hoggit created.

Great news nontheless, my wallet is also not ready, but it never will be. Everything coming out for DCS must be bought.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Shouldn't have sold the Cougar... :music_whistling:

Well, there's no way I'm not gonna get the Viper, so, pre-purchase, here I come. :D

I hear that, gave one away years ago when I picked up a Thrustmaster Warthog. Maybe someone at Thrustmaster will have the intelligence to update the old Cougar and re-release it....

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
I hear that, gave one away years ago when I picked up a Thrustmaster Warthog. Maybe someone at Thrustmaster will have the intelligence to update the old Cougar and re-release it....

The current Cougar F-16 stick and throttle work perfetly well with the DCS: F-16C.

cougar.thumb.jpg.f973abea5467be4cf50a878f27bfd740.jpg

Edited by Wags

The current Cougar F-16 stick and throttle work perfetly well with the DCS: F-16C.

but it can't be found easily

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So u know when you’re at the Thrustmaster booth in a few weeks, Wags. It might just be worth, giving them a nudge in the right direction for a rerelease, revamped model. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: