M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

I took the mirage for a spin and as I fly in VR,I don't bond anything else than HOTAS functions as everything else is done with hands. But I found that it was not so easy to find the real HOTAS functions and their operation.

Like how does the stick buttons work and what modes they should have. As it now was like the controls were paired unlike the manual stated,or the functions were not possible be binded at all.

So is that as well being checked that it is possible bind all functions correctly?

OOT but as always, check Chuck's guide for HOTAS binding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But I found that it was not so easy to find the real HOTAS functions and their operation.

Like how does the stick buttons work and what modes they should have. As it now was like the controls were paired unlike the manual stated,or the functions were not possible be binded at all.

So is that as well being checked that it is possible bind all functions correctly?

I may be the last person on earth who defends Razbam, but in the manual is the original Mirage HOTAS very good described. With every button and its according function.

Works perfect for me, so what are you missing?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

They are busy working on another 4 modules, at least, but the Mirage that needs serious TLC is getting none, [...]

Yep, and most likely on wednesday almost everyone will jump into the F-14 and abandon the M2000C until the narrow-mode TWS is fixed (at least F-14 will most likely have working narrow mode... ("AZ SCAN" knob, with 10, 20, 40 and 65° settings :music_whistling:) )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yep, and most likely on wednesday almost everyone will jump into the F-14 and abandon the M2000C until the narrow-mode TWS is fixed (at least F-14 will most likely have working narrow mode... ("AZ SCAN" knob, with 10, 20, 40 and 65° settings :music_whistling:) )

Yes, and some of them will discover that it's a hard core simulation of a much more complex fighter, designed to be used by a crew of 2 with her own limitations, and she is more difficult to master :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I’ve not been on this thread for a good while, what does MLO mean? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, that's the whole Mirage section that went dead silent lately. It seems Razbam's Discord is experiencing the same calmness. We'll have to wait some more.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Yep, I don't remember, has the month been published when the Razbam employee will travel to some Mirage airbase for researching?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Aaaaah and the TWS 7-second bug will be fixed after those (very unimportant) "3D model changes" ?? (that'd be a terrible mistake by Razbam marketing-wise )

And I was really hoping for some Mirage fix in yesterday's Open Beta patch :/ (And hope that MiG-19 now is in final state? I don't own it yet, so idk if features are still missing/bugged)

Edited by DanielNL

@Razbam: With the upcoming overhaul and visit to - and good ties with Armée de l'Air, is there any chance you can get a microphone in there in the cockpit and get sound recordings, in flight recordings mainly?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Most people would be disappointed to have real world cockpit sounds.

And even then, that's not what the pilot ears since he wears a helmet.

Some even wears ear plugs and rise up radio volume to better filter out noise...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Do we have some possibilities to buy in future a new razbam module with Mirage 2000-5 ? it is a strong upgrade of the M2000-C, because if ED provide F16C Block 50 with aim120,aim9,radar AN/APG-68, we need fox3 with integration mica and radar with new cockpit, the M2000-C will be to short on it. i bought all product except C101, yak52.

Edited by jpbordi

Do we have some possibilities to buy in future a new razbam module with Mirage 2000-5 ? it is a strong upgrade of the M2000-C, because if ED provide F16C Block 50 with aim120,aim9,radar AN/APG-68, we need fox3 with integration mica and radar with new cockpit, the M2000-C will be to short on it. i bought all product except C101, yak52.

Ouch, sooo many times discussed topic...!! Just hang around a little bit on the forum and you'll find plenty of this...

To sumurize, it is actually planned by Razbam, but as it's not their priority, we should wait for another year or two, at least... There's still so much to do with the M2000-C.

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

If (nothing sure yet) Razbam does Mirage 2000-5, it will probably be sold as new module.

New cockpit, new weapon system, new missiles (ED’s Mica won’t make it).

Mirage fanatic !

If (nothing sure yet) Razbam does Mirage 2000-5, it will probably be sold as new module.

New cockpit, new weapon system, new missiles (ED’s Mica won’t make it).

Count me in. Definitely, first day buy for me.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Count me in. Definitely, first day buy for me.

Too me...

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Hopefully M2000-5 without a half-year long period of broken TWS xD

no, Azrayen, I used a correct term

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227146

I'm sorry but no.

Alignment requires the platform (i.e. the aircraft) to be stationnary.

Alignment is a process where, knowing that the aircraft is stationnary, the various gyroscopes of the INU will align themselves with the (true) north, by sensing the acceleration due to Earth rotation on itself.

During alignment (IRL): no aircraft "shaking" = no weapons mounting, if possible (GPU available) no engine running... and so on.

In the air, you may correct the position by doing a position update. This process only introduces an offset term (on all 3 axis) to the position "sensed" by the INU. This process does not make the various gyroscopes align with the north. Hence it's called a position update, not an alignment.

Regards,

Az'

spacer.png