M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

The Mirage campaigns (both of them) are two of the best campaigns done... it is a great way to learn the aircraft as it ramps up the difficulty slowly and without any spoilers the campaign is worth playing right the way though...

This is the reason I bought the Mirage. I repeatedly heard that the campaigns were both very good.

Furthermore, when I found out that Baltic Dragon was also planning a campaign for the Harrier and working on the training tutorials as well, it became an instant impulse buy for me - when before I had little interest in it.

I wish ED (and other developers) would learn that good content = purchase. Right now I'm looking at the Mig-15 and/or Sabre during the current sale (as I did in the last sale), but given the paucity of content for them I can't see myself buying them. There are so many modules I would consider if there was more that I could use them for.

I hope the Mirage gets a Gulf campaign, which BD has suggested might happen. And please give the Harrier just as much love when it comes to post release content support. I don't understand why all the modules don't have new campaigns for them every year. Seems like good business sense to me since the majority of DCS players are reportedly single-players like myself.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Thanks for the advice.

I have heard lots of good things about the Museum Relic campaign too. I think I am a bit closed minded, because whenever I see the 50's jets flying along side much more modern aircraft the illusion seems to disappear in my mind. To be honest, the Museum Relic campaign is the only reason I'm even considering picking up the Mig or the F-86 since I have no idea what else I would do with them. I don't fly/race online - too difficult with kids etc.

EDIT: sorry, I know that sounds like I'm complaining that there aren't enough campaigns and then I find fault with one that is available. I just meant that apart from the MR campaign there seems to be nothing else at all to do with the 50's jets - virutally no user made missions either. And the slightly dubious premise of the MR serves to drive that point home even harder. But I'll keep thinking about it during the sale. Anyway, apologies for getting so off topic. /Edit

For now I will stick with the Mirage, AV-8B, and AJS-37. I'm totally chuffed that the Mirage is still getting lots of love from it's maker.

Edited by wowbagger

Thanks for the advice.

I have heard lots of good things about the Museum Relic campaign too. I think I am a bit closed minded, because whenever I see the 50's jets flying along side much more modern aircraft the illusion seems to disappear in my mind. To be honest, the Museum Relic campaign is the only reason I'm even considering picking up the Mig or the F-86 since I have no idea what else I would do with them. I don't fly/race online - too difficult with kids etc.

For now I will stick with the Mirage, AV-8B, and AJS-37. I'm totally chuffed that the Mirage is still getting lots of love from it's maker.

Sometimes you just want to jump in and blast away without the setup of the modern wizardly. That`s where the MiG-15 and F-86 come in. The performance and thrill of the jet engine, but up close and personal knife fighting and mud shifting.

due to the lack of public info, it is a mix of models (C RDY, C RDI, even -5).

Can I add some constructive criticism?

I think a lot of drama in the past here on this particular subforum could have been avoided, if that exact point was made from the start: if it would have been communicated at a very early stage that the current implementation was an approximation (and I perfectly understand the reason for it, mind you), a lot of people including myself would have been a lot less vocal about their displeasure.

Proper communication is important. Let's hope Decoy (and the fact that his position exists in the first place) will help with that, so we can all leave the nastiness in the past and move forward :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Dont you think only recently they have the correct and accurated information about some systems because the contact with AdA?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The radar has a bit of RDY coded in it as well. :smartass: But you are correct, I also meant RDM.

Could you by "accident" have added EGM variant with RDM abilities, like so use of the exocet? :D

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Could you by "accident" have added EGM variant with RDM abilities, like so use of the exocet? :D

If you can put Razbam in touch with HAF, maybe you will get what you want, EC 2/5 has no knowledge about Exocet :lol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The Mirage campaigns (both of them) are two of the best campaigns done. First thing I did with the transition over to 2.5 was replay the Mirage Caucasus campaign even with the DCS AI doing what the DCS AI does it is a great way to learn the aircraft as it ramps up the difficulty slowly and without any spoilers the campaign is worth playing right the way though.

I'm looking forward to the updates and to what looks as if it should be a good year coming up for the Mirage, for Razbam and for DCS as a whole.

This is the reason I bought the Mirage. I repeatedly heard that the campaigns were both very good.

Furthermore, when I found out that Baltic Dragon was also planning a campaign for the Harrier and working on the training tutorials as well, it became an instant impulse buy for me - when before I had little interest in it.

I hope the Mirage gets a Gulf campaign, which BD has suggested might happen. And please give the Harrier just as much love when it comes to post release content support. I don't understand why all the modules don't have new campaigns for them every year. Seems like good business sense to me since the majority of DCS players are reportedly single-players like myself.

Thanks guys for the kind words, appreciate it a lot! If anything needs to be updated for the campaigns and training I will do that of course (though I doubt there would be any problems with the Red Flag). As I will also work on the manual updates I am already in touch with Zeus to prepare & include it. I will also add all the other things pointed out since release of the new manual.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

If you can put Razbam in touch with HAF, maybe you will get what you want, EC 2/5 has no knowledge about Exocet :lol:

I can point to the general direction of HAF, think this might help them? :D

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Dont you think only recently they have the correct and accurated information about some systems because the contact with AdA?

Well, obviously. That's why I made that post.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

...If anything needs to be updated for the campaigns and training I will do that of course ... I will also add all the other things pointed out since release of the new manual.

Awesome! Thanks much for the input and the ongoing support. You are one of the best bits of the DCS world.

Wesołych Świąt :holiday:

Then how Razbam could inform us about something they know only now and not then.

You answered your own question: if they didn't know back then, by definition the implementation was an approximation/guesstimate.

Again, that's the reason behind that post: a lot of the drama could have been avoided if they communicated from the start not all information was available, and the implementation was an approximation/guesstimate. I would have been completely fine with that, as I'm sure many others as well.

Spoiler

This is a little oftopic but interesting.

If you think, with the resources you have now, that the simulation is accurated but 1 year later better information let you know that some things should be adapted, changed, revamped, how this could be a guesstimation in the first place?

All developers, included ED are full of examples of several weapons, systems, operations that at the release were "accurated" as far with the info available, but with time passing, they changed some things because the info available after was better, more complete or exact.

They code and develop things the best they can with the info they have, and when they have better info they adapt the modules to that.

Nothing wrong with that.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The AdA is very happy with the EFM and it is very close to how the actual aircraft handles. Their main observations are on cockpit functionality, because due to the lack of public info, it is a mix of models (C RDY, C RDI, even -5).

This is a little oftopic but interesting.

If you think, with the resources you have now, that the simulation is accurated but 1 year later better information let you know that some things should be adapted, changed, revamped, how this could be a guesstimation in the first place?

All developers, included ED are full of examples of several weapons, systems, operations that at the release were "accurated" as far with the info available, but with time passing, they changed some things because the info available after was better, more complete or exact.

They code and develop things the best they can with the info they have, and when they have better info they adapt the modules to that.

Nothing wrong with that.

Because of that???? They do know what their sources describe, so they know what they know as a fact and what they are improvising because they don't have manual xyz for it. Easy as that.

EDIT: No bad feelings here against anybody :)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thanks for the overhaul, I bought the Mirage recently and haven't really tackled it's systems yet so I'll wait till you are finished. The one thing I'll say is it's near impossible to read the lettering on the cockpit switch panels in VR. Is there any chance the devs at Razbam could address this and increase the lettering size. Even with a decent PD 1.4 and MSAAx4 on a 2080, I just cannot ID the switches anywhere as easily as on the other modules.

Because of that???? They do know what their sources describe, so they know what they know as a fact and what they are improvising because they don't have manual xyz for it. Easy as that.

EDIT: No bad feelings here against anybody :)

They are probably trying to make a picture of small pieces of info, its not a guarantee that they take ingredient A from the RDY radar and ingredient B from the RDI radar and melt it together in what is the current radar. If for example you see somewhere an article about a new radar being able to do this or that, then you could assume that the previous version works in a similar fashion but maybe not as good. Hope you understand what I am trying to say :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm