M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

• 2 weeks later...
I see NVG on the list of systems, does it means that NVGs will be added to the M-2000C ?

I thought that the C didn't receive the upgrade to be able to use them.

Anyway, I can't wait to test the updates :).

It's a late upgrade.

After Super 530D withdrawal in 2012 it was kind of "ok, we're not frontline air defense fighter anymore, what else can we do ?"

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

thats good news that with feedback from the French Air Force you can have the opportunity to make the M2000C more accurate

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I would like to see a little longer range on missiles? As of right now it will not stand up to Hornets or Eagles! I bought it and uninstalled it the same day, I just wish I would have asked around more. I will definitely not make that mistake again

I would like to see a little longer range on missiles? As of right now it will not stand up to Hornets or Eagles! I bought it and uninstalled it the same day, I just wish I would have asked around more. I will definitely not make that mistake again

The 2000-C (with its 530) is roughly a match to the F15 with its aim7. Personally, I mostly play it on 80's cold war servers. Matching it against F18 equipped with aim120 missiles makes little sense as it is quite anachronistic. The french equivalent would be the 2000-5 equipped with mica missiles.

Edited by coach

AIM-7, Super 530D and R-27 are Fox 1 missiles.

Fox 2 are Magic 2, AIM-9 and R-73.

I don't understand people who put the Mirage against US jet. It's designed to shoot down Russian jets.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

AIM-7, Super 530D and R-27 are Fox 1 missiles.

Fox 2 are Magic 2, AIM-9 and R-73.

I don't understand people who put the Mirage against US jet. It's designed to shoot down Russian jets.

Yes but alot of the people like myself play online vs US jets. Dont stand a chance. I ddint buy this game for a SP experience= easy mode

Yes but alot of the people like myself play online vs US jets. Dont stand a chance. I ddint buy this game for a SP experience= easy mode

You have to select servers dedicated to Cold War, without Fox 3. :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I beg to differ. No SP in my life as well. Only fly against Eagles and Hornets with amraams. Learn the airframe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The correct answer is, this game tries to simulate as best as it can the weapon system.

If you don’t like simulation then there is a big chance that you got the wrong type of game.

The 2000-C (with its FOX2 530) is roughly a match to the F15 with its aim7. Personally, I mostly play it on 80's cold war servers. Matching it against F18 equipped with aim120 missiles makes little sense as it is quite anachronistic. The french equivalent would be the 2000-5 equipped with mica missiles.

Mica don't reach all that far either. that's why France is now also buying MBDA Meteor

The correct answer is, this game tries to simulate as best as it can the weapon system.

If you don’t like simulation then there is a big chance that you got the wrong type of game.

Wrong...I am just hiding in the mountains and kill as much as I can

Mica don't reach all that far either. that's why France is now also buying MBDA Meteor

And what do you know about Mica range ?

Meteor out range anything currently in service, including AIM-120.

UK uses AIM-120 but is procuring Meteor too.

Mirage fanatic !

As much as any other armchair wikipedia expert ;)

From what I understand range comparable to 120B and R-27ER but shorter than 120C,D and R-77-1

If you go that way, from "open source" Mica is quoted with 80km range Vs 40km range for Super 530D.

Taiwan destroyed a target drone from 37Nm with Mica missile. And yet it doesn't tell us the maximum range.

That is indeed twice the practical range you could expect from Super 530D in game...

And the maximum range from open sources never tell us the launch condition (speed & altitude of shooter and target), so it doesn't say much...

Mirage fanatic !

Thanks for the overhaul, I bought the Mirage recently and haven't really tackled it's systems yet so I'll wait till you are finished. The one thing I'll say is it's near impossible to read the lettering on the cockpit switch panels in VR. Is there any chance the devs at Razbam could address this and increase the lettering size. Even with a decent PD 1.4 and MSAAx4 on a 2080, I just cannot ID the switches anywhere as easily as on the other modules.

I would like to join this, with VR it is not good in the Mirage. Can't read the cockpit properly either. In the AV8 it is much better.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

It's true the cockpit is tiny and so are the fonts in VR.

So it's better to have a good knowledge of the cockpit before going VR into the Mirage.

The VR zoom help a lot though and makes everything readable.

Mirage fanatic !