DCS: F-16C Viper by Eagle Dynamics

phant

16 ore fa, Riverseeker ha scritto:

Sinceramente, in signle player  e multi (pve/pvp), non pare proprio che i phoenix siano un "one shot one kill" ed i 120 mi risultano utilizzabilissimi (almeno fino a domenica pomeriggio ciò!)... Però sto andando off topic quindi meglio chiuderla qua 😄

Non è off topic.

Almeno sulla BF, i Viper soffrono parecchio questa "caratteristica" dei Phoenix. Ok, bisogna "notchare" ma quando arriva il segnale di allarme con il simbolo M sull'RWR, nel 99,999% dei casi sei morto, e poco importa se chaffi. Il 120B non è assolutamente all'altezza della sfida, non con queste % di letalità almeno.

Ci sono un milione di variabili in un duello aereo con i missili. 

Non è che il Phoenix o il Tomcat sono specialmente forti, o il 120 non è all'altezza. 

È che sono attrezzi diversi per compiti diversi. 

Non cerchi di sparare a pistolettate (Aim120) qualcuno che ha un fucile da cecchino (Phoenix)... 

1 ora fa, komemiute ha scritto:

Non cerchi di sparare a pistolettate (Aim120) qualcuno che ha un fucile da cecchino (Phoenix)... 

Esatto....

Il problema è che il Gattone quando entra nel tuo campo di azione, riesce comunque ad evitare i 120 molto più facilmente di quanto tu possa fare con i Phoenix.

Adesso vediamo con l'ECM ma per ora l'unica alternativa al notching (per chi lo sa eseguire), è quella di allontanarsi non appena appare l'hot sull'RWR.

DCS: Viper Mini-Updates

Since I created the Viper ECM video, we have been able to enable separate SPJ responses for the XMIT switch in Position 1 and 2. We hope to include this in the next update, but it will depend on testing results.

• When XMIT is in Position 1 we have Radar Priority. When in Radar Priority and the jammer is transmitting and ownship radar and HARM/HTS performance is reduced by 40%.
  • When XMIT is in Position 2 we have ECM Priority. When in ECM Priority, the FCR and HARM/HTS are silenced unless an AIM-120 is the active weapon. In this case, it behaves the same as Position 1.

The overall jamming effect on hostile radars has also been substantially increased.

We plan to also implement this for the Hornet's jammer, but I do not have a time estimate yet.

Electonic attack will be playing a bigger role in DCS in 2022.

Bye
Phant

AMVI

• 2 weeks later...

Dai primi test a caldo sulla BF è risultato allo stato attuale completamente inefficace contro i Tomcat, come peraltro preventivato, mentre è risultato efficacissimo contro batterie quali i SA6, decisamente meno contro gli Hawk. 

Vedremo gli sviluppi.

Edited by Conroy

• 3 weeks later...

In this DCS: F-16C Viper video, we’ll look at the dive toss, or DTOS, bombing mode. DTOS allows you to designate a ground location as the Sensor Point of Interest, or SPI, through the HUD or HMCS. This designation can then be used for a CCRP attack using unguided and laser-guided weapons.

DTOS mode can be selected as a bombing mode from the SMS page at OSB 2 or cycled to using the nosewheel steering / missile step button on the control stick.

With DTOS selected and the HUD as the Sensor of Interest, or SOI, a 10 milliradian box is slaved to the flight path marker. You can then either TMS forward to ground stabilize its location or use the radar cursor switch to slew the box and then TMS forward to ground stabilize.

Alternatively, you can set the HMCS as SOI and either ground stabilize the DTOS cue based on the aiming cross or slew and then TMS forward to ground stabilize.

In both HUD and HMCS cases, TMS Aft will slave the DTOS cue back to the flight path marker or aiming cross.

Once ground stabilized and designated, the location is designated as the SPI and standard CCRP steering is provided. When wishing to conduct a visual CCRP attack through the HUD or HMCS, this is the preferred method.

As this will also create a SPI, the targeting pod and Maverick would be handed off to it.

Key Commands:

Nosewheel Steering / Missile Step Switch: s
Target Management Switch (TMS) Forward: Right Ctrl + Up Arrow
Target Management Switch (TMS) Aft: Right Control + Down Arrow
Display Management Switch (DMS) Forward: Right Alt + ;
Display Management Switch (DMS) Aft: Right Alt + .
Weapon Release: Right Alt + Space Bar

Bye
Phant

Edited by phant
  • Like 1

AMVI

• 4 weeks later...

Much of our Viper work is now centered on the Link 16/IDM interflight datalink. This is a very important and useful element of the Viper, and currently, our highest Viper priority. With this feature in place, you will be able to:

- Share Mark Points between flight members

- Share SPI between flight members

- Network the flight together for HARM HTS TDOA mode to more effectively triangulate emitter locations

- Sending SEAD contacts between flight members

- Assign air-to-air target sorting between flight members

- Support Primary Datalink Track (PDLT)

- CAS mission assignments and reception

- Battle Damage reporting support

We also wish to roll in EXP HAD and HSD support.

As you might gather, this is a very complex task, and we don't have a delivery date at this time. We look forward to updating you on this task as it progresses.

In parallel, other Viper items continue development such as the instantaneous turn rate / available G tuning, pilot model, bug fixes, and more.

Bye
Phant

• Like 2

AMVI

Link 16 SPI sharing was implemented today. I think this will prove a very handy feature.

With the HSD not SOI, pressing the COMM switch right (inboard) for greater than 0.5 seconds will transmit the player’s SPI to other Mission members. When a SPI message is sent, the XMT L16 label at OSB 6 will highlight for two seconds on the HSD.

The sent SPI is based on the current SPI sensor track. If there is no SPI sensor track, then the current Steerpoint is sent as the SPI.

When the SPI is sent, recipients see it as a large, white “X”, the same as a Mark Point. On the HUD, MKPT## will appear that assigns the SPI location to Steerpoints 71 to 70. “DATA” will be heard as a voice alert. As you can see, it is the same as receiving a Mark Point, but it based on a SPI location rather than a Steerpoint location.

One difference is that if the SPI is created by the TGP or A-G FCR, there will be a lock line between the sender of the SPI (Mission members 1 to 4) and the SPI “X” symbol/location on the HSD. The line will disappear after 30 seconds or by pressing WARN RESET on the UFC.

We look forward to adding this to an upcoming Open Beta.

Also, to answer the posed question, yes, we plan L16 and IDM.

Bye
Phant

• Like 1

AMVI

With the earlier release of the DTOS mode, I got quite a few "Christ-on-a-bike, Wags, where the max toss anticipation cue?" Well, it's now in the game and should be released in the next big Viper update based on final testing results.

The maximum toss (45 degree) anticipation cue consists of a circle, 100 mR in diameter, displayed on the HUD (below the boresight cross at 0 degrees azimuth and -3 degrees elevation). The cue is displayed 2 seconds prior to a maximum toss pull-up (based on 4.0g in 2 seconds). When the solution cue is displayed, the anticipation cue flashes for 2 seconds before being removed from display. Weapon release occurs as the aircraft approaches a 45-degree pitch. Because there are multiple release points that can result in weapon release, release can occur any time after the solution cue is displayed. For less than a 45-degree toss, the pitch at release varies depending on the maneuver performed.

Bye
Phant

AMVI

8 hours ago, fabio.dangelo said:

Scusate… ma Christ-on-a-bike come si traduce? 

Mi viene da pensare a “smadonnamenti” o imprecazioni che dir si voglia….

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=christ on a bike

E' una "blasfemia trasformata" e usata come esclamazione, in pratica l'equivalente inglese del maremma maiala, che si usa in Toscana.

Edit:

jesus.jpg

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

3 hours ago, Lornix said:

Da noi in Toscana si dice anche "Gesù Cristo in cariola"

Mai sentito... Sara' perche' essendo di Carrara sono Toscano solo per un errore geografico 😆

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Today we completed internal integration of L16 and IDM sharing of HTS/HAD emitter contacts. This will allow you to designate and share emitter location between Flight, Team, and Donors. Additionally, sharing of emitter triangulation data between flight members is also internally complete as part of the TDOA option from the HAD page.

We've made further adjustments to SPI sharing regarding accurate HSD symbology that includes Flight/Team member ID.

Finally, we've made good progress on adjustments to the ITR and G-onset, and internal verification tests will probably start next week.

If testing goes well, we plan to have it included in the next Viper update.

Progress on datalink is going well, but we still have some significant items to still complete.

Bye
Phant

• Like 1

AMVI

• 2 weeks later...

Today we integrated Offset Aim Points (OAP) into our internal version. This will allow you to create two offsets from a Steerpoint (OA1 and OA2) from which you set a point to conduct an attack when set as the SPI. This is normally done on the AG radar page (TGP is possible too), and often when a good radar track cannot be had on the programmed Steerpoint or target.

On the HUD, they appear as a diamond when selected from the Sighting Options at OSB 10.

Bye
Phant

AMVI

Immagine

F-16C Viper Development Progress

We have added BDU-50 training bombs, the Max Toss Anticipation cue to accompany the recently added Dive Toss bombing mode, the “Lock” voice message when you lock up a target in an Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) radar mode, and changed the HMCS symbology for ACM Slew mode.

Improvements have also been made to the G-onset and Instantaneous Turn Rate and are undergoing tests. We hope and expect to have this to you shortly.

Immagine

Bye
Phant

• Like 1

AMVI

1 hour ago, Lordfacker84 said:

Dopo questo video credo che nn comprero' più nulla da ED....a parte che in effetti non compro' più nulla gia' da un po'

200.gif

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lordfacker84 said:

hanno aggiornato prima il modello di volo dell'f16 e non quello del 18....scandalosi...arriverà il giorno in cui anche l'f16 verrà accantonato, e allora saranno gli altri a lamentarsi

Guarda, sul bug ho il triplo delle ore di volo che ho attualmente sul Viper e francamente non sento tutta questa necessita' impellente di avere l'aggiornamento del modello di volo, (che gia' quello attuale mi pare avada piu' che bene). Sarei francamente piu' felice di veder arrivare (finalmente) l'ACLS.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

24 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

Guarda, sul bug ho il triplo delle ore di volo che ho attualmente sul Viper e francamente non sento tutta questa necessita' impellente di avere l'aggiornamento del modello di volo, (che gia' quello attuale mi pare avada piu' che bene). Sarei francamente piu' felice di veder arrivare (finalmente) l'ACLS.

io sto aspettando a comprare il bug proprio perché sto aspettando che lo finiscano...ma a quanto leggo c'è ancora un discreto numero di bug e mancanze da terminare. quindi questo continuo aggiornare l'f16 di fatto mi indispettisce